Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Amar Sarin ( New Delhi, India)  (Read 126325 times)

silverbilly

• Visitor
Re: Dr Amar Sarin ( New Delhi, India)
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »

Machine i really appreciate your posts. think of its like this ... you pretty much are save someone from fking up their life and future.
thanks heaps for you honesty.

could you please elaborate more on the patients with complications please and what sarin does when he realise the complication

also do you remember danny ?? was he in the good ot bad list ?

thanks again 

Machine

• Because you are alive , everything is possible .
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »

Machine i really appreciate your posts. think of its like this ... you pretty much are save someone from f**king up their life and future.
thanks heaps for you honesty.

could you please elaborate more on the patients with complications please and what sarin does when he realise the complication

also do you remember danny ?? was he in the good ot bad list ?

thanks again

Thanks for the appreciation and support , i really needed this for sometime now  :)

In the link below you will know exactly what happend in detail at the Sarin guest house ...!!
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5.0

Danny was straight forward and a cool guy , we were roommates for almost 15 to 20 days before he left for home .
i had small piece of hash that time and we shared few joints also, it was fun ..!!
As i recall , i think he wanted to lengthen around 7 cm but he had to stop at 6cm cause of some nerve issue .
later i heard he was doing fine .. so i guess he is in the good list ..!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:57:02 PM by Machine »

Smallguy

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

Thanks for the appreciation and support , i really needed this for sometime now  :)

You need someone's appreciation and support? Is your goal here is to try and defame/destroy Dr. Sarin's reputation?

Anyway, I don't think you are L*****, Danny's and D****'s roommate. I asked you to send me a message through facebook to confirm but yet have receive any message from you. You got caught lying. You're not L*****.. because...

1. You said we smoked pot together. I did smoked pot with a lot of people at the guesthouse and spoke about it. But I never smoked pot with L*****.

2. I just chatted with Danny on facebook yesterday. I know that there are some ex patients who are anti-sarin but Danny is one patient who is loyal to Dr. Sarin. He is also planning on returning for femur in 2014 like me.

3. L**** used to be a quiet guy who watch indian TV all day. It's quite shocking that he suddenly became articulate online activist against Dr. Sarin.

Okay, I do believe that you may be a former patient or someone who has worked at the guesthouse since you have many knowledge about us. But I don't get why you don't confess who you really are but have to pretend to be someone who you are not.

I have my doubts because I, and other Sarins' patients, were banned on old forum  for defending Dr. Sarin.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Machine

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 08:15:13 AM »

You need someone's appreciation and support? Is your goal here is to try and defame/destroy Dr. Sarin's reputation?

Anyway, I don't think you are L*****, Danny's and D****'s roommate. I asked you to send me a message through facebook to confirm but yet have receive any message from you. You got caught lying. You're not L*****.. because...

1. You said we smoked pot together. I did smoked pot with a lot of people at the guesthouse and spoke about it. But I never smoked pot with L*****.

2. I just chatted with Danny on facebook yesterday. I know that there are some ex patients who are anti-sarin but Danny is one patient who is loyal to Dr. Sarin. He is also planning on returning for femur in 2014 like me.

3. L**** used to be a quiet guy who watch indian TV all day. It's quite shocking that he suddenly became articulate online activist against Dr. Sarin.

Okay, I do believe that you may be a former patient or someone who has worked at the guesthouse since you have many knowledge about us. But I don't get why you don't confess who you really are but have to pretend to be someone who you are not.

I have my doubts because I, and other Sarins' patients, were banned on old forum  for defending Dr. Sarin.

LOL  ;D ;D ;D i know who i m ... you are really very suspicious guy . anyway everyone needs appreciation and support when they are doing something right and i thought you will understand more then anyone else since you suffered alot at the guesthouse , and if you think writing 100% truth about this doctor as well as the LL program , i m destroying/defaming his reputation then i have no choice but to accept it .

And if you are really colinthesmall then i remember you were not found of Dr Sarin b4 , but now all of a sudden this change in prospective is really confusing .
I didn't thought it was necessary to confirm who i m to you and based on not sending msg on FB you are accusing me of lying lol ... if you really want to know who i m just call David and ask who is machine , i talked to him just now.

1. I never mention we smoked hash joint together , i said danny and me smoked few joints . by the way hash and weed are different
    though they come from same origin Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) . i m not a regular smoker but i think you smoked weed and i do
    not smoke indian weed . you should read my previous quote again carefully .

2. Most of the ex-patients are anti-Sarin but i don't know about Danny being loyal to Dr. Sarin cause we only shared room for about
   15 to 20 days and most of the time he was out hanging around but i remember clearly that he said he was never going to come to
   india again . Anyhow if you guys really want to go for femur then its your life , all i could say is GOOD LUCK .

3. yeah lol i use to watch TV all day thats true , my roommate sleep schedule was different then mine so i always use to watch TV
    when i was alone , i don't remember we talking that much so you cannot judge my personality or character .
    LL Forum is the forum where you will see more and more shocking news and truth .
    You just joined here 2 days back so i suggest you should go through all the topics first .

If you still do not believe me then we can skype , pm me your id . anyways , it is really shocking to see that you have changed your prospective towards Dr Sarin , i really sympathized when you were suffering alot during your complications .
i think you should go through this thread to refresh your memory
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:22:01 AM by Machine »

Smallguy

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 08:09:16 AM »

Hey, I was overly suspicious b/c Crazy 6 has been creating all these fake accounts. But D**** has confirmed that you are L*****. My bad!

So what happened to you? I thought you had 3-4cm when I left and you had no complication. I didn't know that you would be hiding your grudges against Dr. Sarin for all these times I visited your room. You never spoke up... so now I was shocked to see all this coming from you. I always complained but you never joined in... until now.

Yeah, I thought Dr. Sarin was an honorable man. I have no reason to hate him anymore. I have recovered, no pain, no ballerina, 3 inches taller, and could lift heavy weights and perform other extrenuous exercises. So basically, I'm just waiting for January to come so I can take an x-ray and ask my orthopaedic's opinion to see if my bones are strong enough so I can start running and jumping again. Dr. Sarin also told me the manufacture of the rod. So I can have the rod remove in Canada by another orthopaedic surgeon for free.

I still keep a picture of my ex (the picture I showed you) in my iphone to remind myself that I need to better myself. So that's why I need to lengthen another 8cm in the femur in 2014.

But it's great knowing you are L***** and are legit and not one of crazy's 6 fake account.

LOL  ;D ;D ;D i know who i m ... you are really very suspicious guy . anyway everyone needs appreciation and support when they are doing something right and i thought you will understand more then anyone else since you suffered alot at the guesthouse , and if you think writing 100% truth about this doctor as well as the LL program , i m destroying/defaming his reputation then i have no choice but to accept it .
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:25:01 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Machine

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 09:33:36 AM »

Hey, I was overly suspicious b/c Crazy 6 has been creating all these fake accounts. But D**** has confirmed that you are L*****. My bad!

So what happened to you? I thought you had 3-4cm when I left and you had no complication. I didn't know that you would be hiding your grudges against Dr. Sarin for all those times I visit your room. You never speak up... so now I was shocked to see this coming from you. I always complained but you never join in... until now.

Yeah, I thought Dr. Sarin was an honorable man. I have no reason to dislike him anymore. I have recovered, no pain, no ballerina, 3 inches taller, and could lift heavy weights and perform other extrenuous exercises. So basically, I'm just waiting for January to come so I can take an x-ray and ask my orthopaedic's opinion to see if my bones are strong enough so I can start running and jumping again. Dr. Sarin also told me of the make of the rod. So I can have the rod remove in Canada by another orthopaedic for free.

I still keep a picture of my ex (the picture I showed you) in my iphone to remind myself that I need to better myself. So that's why I need to lengthen another 8cm in the femur in 2014.

But it's great knowing you are L***** and legit and not one of crazy's 6 fake account.

yeah , i was also bit suspicious that you are not C**** cause i really thought that C**** was anti Dr Sarin since he suffered alot under him but now i see that you have started to like him cause you have recovered well and planning to go back again for femur in 2014 , good luck with that . but still i do not recommend Dr Sarin or Dr Sringari to anyone because of many reasons .

Yeah i was around 3 to 4 cm when you left and i had no complication and you also know that so i had no reason to complain while you were there . i remember you complained about food and you asked everyone's opinion about the food , well i told you i was ok with any decision you take .
Initially i did not have any grudge against him , i thought he was a good doctor that is why i did my surgery with him .
Limb Lengthening is a lengthy process , so gradually i came to know about his reckless attitude and all the bull  he was selling .
from staff to the patient , everyone did not like him .. why !! did anyone say anything , no !!
when you visited my room i had no complication so i had no reason to speak up , i had my complication after 7cm thats when i told Dr Sarin lot of times but he never gave me a answer . i had to visit another real LL doctor with D**** few times , why would i waste my money to go to another doctor since i paid Dr Sarin to take care of me and so i don't think he is an honorable man . not even me , many patients went to another doctor for consultation cause they were afraid , Ask D**** about it.
you said he gave you discount to stay at the guest house for free that is why you think he is a good man in your previous quote.
well , he also gave me a discount since i m from india . i paid around 12000$ but still i don't consider him as a good doctor and i have my own reasons.

yeah i remember i saw the picture of your ex but i m sorry its all blurr in my memory , anyway its good to see that are always think to better yourself , that is what D**** taught me while i was his roommate . i owe him too much for giving me great knowledge about life , i was really stupid before i met D**** . he said i should stand up for what is right ..!!

Its really good to know that you have recovered well and you are happy .
crazy+6 , SysOp , Dr Sarin are poor souls who have booked their tickets to HELL.

Smallguy

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 07:08:11 AM »

Do you have any idea how benevolent our medical system is towards idiots like us who wiLL Forumully deform our legs and need secondary treatment?

I heard they take care of complications within reason.thanks.

Actually, our heathcare system is quite generous. When I came back, I switched family doctor. I know the one that I had would think that I was crazy for doing this to myself. He was a viet man, about 5'2, and believe everything should be natural. He thought I was suicidal for asking for sleeping pill once. So I switched to an Iranian family doctor who was sympathetic to my cause. He referred me to an Orthopaedic at the General Hospital. The orthopaedic wasn't going to take my case but I told him about my story.

I was born and raised in Canada. I was a Canadian child. Went through the education system and paid taxes yearly. Unfortunately, my parents were from another country where the average height was extremely low. So I grew up short in a world of tall people. So that's why I had to do this surgery. And even though I gain height, I'm still below average height so I wasn't being greedy. So he took on my case. That was when I returned in a wheelchair and thought I could never walk again. Luckily, I recover so I don't need to do anything any longer but he is still there to help.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:11:22 AM by Smallguy »

Sweden

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 07:41:14 AM »

You don't need physical therapy??

I'm planned for another 8 months. Somehow I just can't believe you've recovered more than me. Maybe you have.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Smallguy

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 04:12:22 AM »

You don't need physical therapy??

I'm planned for another 8 months. Somehow I just can't believe you've recovered more than me. Maybe you have.

I don't understand why you wouldn't recover. Physical therapist won't be able to do the exercise for you that is needed for recovery. Plus I have to work full-time plus study for my master degree so don't have time for physical therapy.

Great, I also should expect to save up another 20k (2.5k/month) in 8 months. I want another 8cm in the femur. Hopefully it will be internal this time so I won't have scars.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »

Update about the HLN, also clearing up any false information that's been spreading.

Currently the nails he's using are 100% imported from Belgium.  These are the exact ones you're getting if you go now: http://www.jeannor.be/lengthening-nail.html

The price is $35000 if you stay in India to lengthen and $30000 if you go home to lengthen.  It's still in the testing phase so know that you're kind of a guinea pig at this point and it's probably a bad idea to lengthen at home.  Complications will be fixed for free.

Most of the cost is due to the Belgian origin of the current nails.  If the test cases are successful he's going to explore options for an Indian-made HLN that would enable him to lower the price.

Adriano

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »

MDW,

Correct me if i am wrong. The original HLN does not lengthen 12cm. I think its 7.5cm or 8 cm.

So if Dr Sarin is using the original nail why does it say you can lengthen up to 12cm?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2014, 10:12:52 PM »

Interesting.  Maybe Jeannor offers more models of the nail than they list on the website.  But there's no Indian factory churning out cheap HLNs, at least not yet.

Anyway I'm going to investigate this.  Thanks for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:16:52 PM by Medium Drink Of Water »

Sweden

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »

The original nail does lengthen 12cm. The Belgian doctor said it to me when I met him.

But you have to be insanely stupid to do 12cm in one go.

Adriano

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Sweden.

unfortunately I am only 5'4 and I am sick of being short. I would rather look unproportional than be short.

I am doing LL in June this year and if they don't have any other nails (in India) then I am going for this HLN.

How far into LLing after the 3 HLN patients in India? I want to visit the place while they r there so I can have a chat with them if I am allowed.

Machine

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »

unfortunately I am only 5'4 and I am sick of being short. I would rather look unproportional than be short.

I am doing LL in June this year and if they don't have any other nails (in India) then I am going for this HLN.

How far into LLing after the 3 HLN patients in India? I want to visit the place while they r there so I can have a chat with them if I am allowed.

Go ahead do your surgery with him ... I just went through all your posts and you seemed to be in favor of Dr Sarin from the very beginning ...!!
my advise for you is , from my personal experience with Sarin .
don't argue with him on any matter or else he will not treat accordingly like he did with mmn_native and many patients at the guest house while I was there .
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=25.15

if you have any complication or problem during lengthening , physio or the doctor will not disclose it and will try to avoid it like he did with many patients . you are on your own and you will have to address it many times to the doctor until he does take action .

I think you should go through this link again to rethink on your decision
Dr Sarin f**ked so many patients with LON and now he is doing HLN for the first time in life without proper knowledge or course .
his first HLN is also not successful .
do you still trust him or are you in a deal with Dr Sarin to promote him like others ..!!
Even if you trust him , on what basis do you trust him ... can you elaborate ..?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »

Consider functionality too. Proportion is just one thing to consider - you also have to take into account the higher complication risk by lengthening a higher amount.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Carter

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »

BigFaker's consultation with Dr Sarin, some interesting details.

"As far as I know, Dr. Sarin's medical knowledge has never really been called into question. His C-cut procedure? Yes. His patient aftercare? Yes. His ability to delegate and prioritize his responsibilities as an LL surgeon and those of people he hires? Oh-Goddamn-For-Sure-Hell-YES!

So we began to talk about my specific case.....and this is where he really surprised me. Remember this phone call earlier this year?
ANSWER #1: "No problem."
ANSWER #2: "Don't worry."
ANSWER #3: "No problem."
ANSWER #4: "Don't worry."
ANSWER #5: "No problem."
He said, because of my age (39), the most I could hope to do was 5-6 cm. This was really the first morsel of caution I had ever heard out of the man......and in hindsight, especially considering the rest of the time he was pitching me, this was really unexpected. He told me of the various cases he has had in which older guys were not able to lengthen more then 5cm. I started to argue my case about good family genetics and such. He said it is not biological age or physiologic age, it is anatomy. One 50-year-old had to stop at 4.5. He also said, that with older patients, mental determination is not as good. Most of them, they have given up the middle. This is where I smiled inside a bit. You see, when I set my mind to something, I do it, then I do it again, and again, and again, then I do it one more time to rub it in your face.

We talked about weight bearing.  Again, he said in my case, it would be difficult.
"With standing and walking, the complication rate increases once you are overweight"
Dr, Sarin said that for me, the consolidation time would also increase because of weight. The issue is not the frames, nor the nails, but the screws, which are only 3.5 mm.or 4.0 mm thick. The nails are tested to withstand 2000N (newtons). The screws don't take more than 800N.

BALLERINA
I asked how we would combat Ballerina without the standing and/or walking.
"What we do is we put a dedicated physiotherapist, who gets you the physiotherapy done repeatedly in the day, reduce the distraction time, uh...size" (not sure what he meant by that) "And...at night, we keep the sandals very tight". He added, if we see ballerina, we stop lengthening. You do in "pulses", as he termed it.

Dr. Sarin said he no longer locks the ankles -- because there is a single muscle running down the lower leg (not sure if he meant Tibialis Anterior, Gastrocnemius/Achilles combo, or something else) -- it causes knee-bending issues, which he says are much harder to correct than Ballerina. He said that they still used methods like sandbags on the knees, but despite their Ballerina-fighting efforts, "people tend to....get it"

AFTERCARE
I asked about Physical Therapy.
"We have four physiotherapists and they are available for whole day." [sic] Then he threw me a little: "We are changing the system now, one thing which will reduce the cost also, [in] that you will have a dedicated physiotherapist only for you."
Now at first, I thought this meant he was going to be hiring enough PTs to have one dedicated for each patient, but I am sure what he meant was that each patient only sees on PT regularly to develop a connection and rapport. He went on:
"I would like to put people in the hotel and give different kind of options, a charging plan, so the cost also comes down."
At this point, the doc really started to turn it on. Now in my lifetime, I have bought cars, boats, houses, insurance policies, lots and lots of big ticket electronics, so I know when someone is trying to hustle me. Dr. Sarin was in full sales pitch mode now and, aside from little query here and there, I just let him talk:
"It won't be very expensive, all the facilities in there, the servants we will provide, the physiotherapists will be there, the food you have a choice that like...you know, in my experience with running...so many....it really gives a problem with the food."
He then talked for a couple minutes about past guest house problems with monotony, catering to people of different ethnicities, from all over the world, how "somebody doesn't like this" and how "you will get bored eating the same thing every day".
OK, it's great that he cares so much about patient care...down to the food, but doesn't this go right back to what we've read in diaries before, about Dr. Sarin's over-involvement in Guest House Issues? I mean seriously: if I'm on a transatlantic flight aboard a giant Airbus A380, do I really want the pilot worrying about whether the guy in 35C got his f*cking peanuts?
But "Captain Sarin" went on:
"So what we do, it's freely available, we give you 20 menu cards, whatever you want to eat, take an order day before, they make it for you accordingly, so you save money also, your taste is maintained"
Wow, sounds great, I wanna live here forever! When can I move in?
I asked about the problems patients had, earlier this year, when he had people split between the guest house and the hotel:
"No, that was a transition phase...we were changing the thing. Some people are very comfortable in the guest house and some people are very comfortable in hotel.
He said he was in the "planning of closing down this guest house"

And despite all of these domestic issues he had just gone on about, he actually then said
"You see, I'm a surgeon. I'm not here to run the place"
I asked about why he gets so involved in trivial, non-medical house matters
"No, but I have to, but it is my responsibility. This is what happening, as you know it. The people hijacking me from, uh United States"

At this point, Dr. Sarin starts to throw out some really ugly claims against SysOp and old forum  and really what can I say about it?

Anyway, Dr Sarin then alleged:
"The website owner wanted to control the guest house, like he wanted to manage and he should be getting money. You know, basic issue was: they wanted to control this guest house, they wanted the money, this is the way they will run. Now suppose, there are 15 patients. They have taken the money and they run away...who's responsible for that? And it was totally unethical, like he puts a good post on his website, everything is good, but inside he is involved and I am involved. I said 'I'm sorry, it is my responsibility and I'm not going give that. I'm not going to make it a commercial thing'"

He went back to the subject of living in the house, touching on the fighting in the guest house and the drinking.
"They think it is a party going on. It is not a party going on, and what the person is doing, the other person starts doing the same thing, and the tantrums and this and that"
This was maybe the funniest thing he said all day:
"...and eventually, to be very frank, 4 months lying in the bed and all this thing, the people go cuckoo. Right?"
I think maybe it was just me, or hearing him say it in his accent, but it was just damn funny to me
He stated that these type of things led to his decision to just keep patients in the hotel from now on.

LL CREDENTIALS
I had my standard list of LL questions for him. About the difference, in his opinion, between reconstructive and cosmetic LL:
"It is a mode of responsibility, more than anything. Reconstructive, the person is ill, and he is already having a problem. Here, the person has walked in from some other country, and I'm breaking his bones. So, it's more of a responsibility."
And which are more difficult to treat?
"Reconstructive ones are more difficult, but easy thing is: it's a single leg".
He did acknowledge that cosmetic patients are much more demanding.
I proferred that he probably had more cosmetic LL experience than most doctors in India:
"Not most of India, most of the WORLD"
Wow. No wonder they needed a new guest house. His ego probably couldn't fit in the old one.
He went on to question the credentials of many of the surgeons practicing LL around the globe.
"There are certain guidelines to do some things. You are doing one of the most complex kind of orthopedic surgery, right? That complex orthopedic surgery is a superspeciality in itself. Most of the world, the people who call themselves limb lengthening surgeons, they have to have background in Ilizarov, right? Either they have to be trained, they have done some fellowship, under some authentic guy or they are self-styled -- with experience they have become like that, which is not possible, right? There are only few centers in Russia where, you know, this thing has done [sic]. So, the most authentic part is you go there and you learn the technique. And problem with the technique is, if you go and learn it you need at least six months of [time] to be there, right? They speak in Russian, every literature is in Russian, right?"
This was, to me, probably the most impressive part of the day, as he discussed his first studies in Ilizarov (presumably at Vinitssa), briefly went over the many complications possible, and how a qualified LL doctor needs to have experienced these. He then slammed, rightly so, the charlatans who claim to be trained in Ilizarov (and contrasting it with his own resumé):
"What people are doing, everywhere in the world...they just go for 15 days, with Dot Shot they will click a picture that 'I am trained here, I am trained there', right?  And if you see the profile of people, right? I would not take the name and all this thing...they have not done even six months of residency in the thing! Right? When it comes to my profile, I am a postgraduate in a subject. It's not that I have been learned or seen something, right? I'm a postgraduate in that particular field...in that superspeciality."
In Russia, I confirmed?
"Right. I speak Russian, I write Russian, I spent three years of my time there, right? So that makes you authentic kind of a surgeon, that otherwise, going by profile...."

"For example, I'll give you the biggest example, because the war is open between the Betz and me. If you see his credentials, it doesn't say that he's an orthopedic surgeon! And where he writes down The Betz Institute, it is a residence address!"
OK, this already sounded a little strange when he said it that day (early December) and admittedly, I didn't look up Dr. Betz's website until today, but still...WTF?
I brought up Dr. Mahboubian, whom I might see when I get back to California, and my slight concern that he is not an MD:
"See, but do you see what credentials he has, where he has it, under whom he has learned, right? Have you learned under a person who is an authentic cater of this thing or are you learning from a person who just did six months of residency? So there are very few surgeons available in this world and there are very few surgeons who will take this responsibility."
I mentioned how Dr. Parihar takes on so few cosmetic patients, and doesn't actively seek them out, as in trying to draw them.
"No, he doesn't. He would say that he would do it, but he doesn't want to take the responsibility. It's not easy, it's a serious thing."

THE KNEE
I asked whether he cuts the patellar tendon for the osteotomy. He said no, what he does is a standard procedure by the AO (Association of Orthopedics):
"It should be a vertical incision. It's difficult to work with a transverse incision, right?. We can do it, we've done it when the patient insists, I've made a horizontal incision, but even with the horizontal thing, inside there's a vertical. It's only on the skin you have a horizontal, but inside the patellar tendon...you cannot cut it like this [pantomimes horizontal incision]. You have to separate it and you don't cut it....so what you do is separate the fibers and make a place and just go from the middle."

The INFAMOUS C-CUT
So whaddaboutit, Dr. S?
"No, I stopped it. I stopped it."
Was that a medical decision?
"No, no...I will tell you the many things that have been changed in all thing. If you make a C-incision, your osteotomy is very high up, right? And it unites very fast. The union is pretty...good. The higher you go for the osteotomy, the bone union is faster. Suppose it is going to take 7 months in the lower part of [the tibia], it will be in 5 and a half months, it will be fine. But doing an osteotomy, just with a small incision, at that level, is very dangerous. So you made a C-incision and open it and look into it and what's happenning it's under vision, you do it"
Dammit, if I had been on my game, I would have asked if any kind of arthroscope is used. Sorry, Guys. I suck. He went on:
"But a lot of people say 'No, the scar, scar, scar', so I've gone a little down compromised it and now we do it with the one little thing...I could show you, there's a guy here...it's just one stitch. "
I didn't get to go up and meet patients until a good 30 minutes later (yes, we talked tor a LOOONG time!), and F*CK, I was too busy looking at the frames and the rooms and the guys legs overall to notice the scars"

Adriano

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »

How come Dr Sarin's current patients do not have diaries?

Taller

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »

How come Dr Sarin's current patients do not have diaries?

Olivetree does, and she is currently updating it around twice a week.

Taller

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2014, 07:57:27 AM »

Does Dr. Sarin offer externals only? His internal rods have a 60kg weight limit. I am around 70kg and athletic/fit. I have a 96+ CM sitting height (built somewhat like an orangutan, but far sexier  8) ), so a lot of my weight is from my torso and shoulders, which naturally weigh a lot more than my legs. This means that I won't be able to drop to 60kg, since I don't have much fat at all currently. Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to bear weight at all while lengthening? If not, what's the point of destroying my knees to get an IM rod implanted?

Also, does anyone know the weight-bearing limit for the HLN?
What do you all think would be the best tibia lengthening option for someone in my situation?

Adriano

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »

Olivetree does, and she is currently updating it around twice a week.

This is an LL forum. Is it not obvious that I by patients I was referring to LL Patients?

I find it suspicious that none of the current LL patients are start diaries when we have 4 or more patients that did surgery with him last year still positing even post frame removal.

Whats really stoping these guys from starting diaries?...I am pretty sure they are aware of this forum so its not like they r scared Syop will ban them ...lol

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »

Does Dr. Sarin offer externals only? His internal rods have a 60kg weight limit. I am around 70kg and athletic/fit. I have a 96+ CM sitting height (built somewhat like an orangutan, but far sexier  8) ), so a lot of my weight is from my torso and shoulders, which naturally weigh a lot more than my legs. This means that I won't be able to drop to 60kg, since I don't have much fat at all currently. Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to bear weight at all while lengthening? If not, what's the point of destroying my knees to get an IM rod implanted?

What do you all think would be the best tibia lengthening option for someone in my situation?

While Dr. Sarin does offer external-only, the weight-bearing limit is for unassisted walking; i.e. without crutches. If you want to do externals, there are cheaper options like Dr. Murthy:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=253.0

Dr. Sarin only charges $10,000 because he knows western patients will pay it, but that's actually a lot of money in India. Murthy charges $3,800 USD – $4,300 USD.

We have no diaries from this doctor yet and Dr. Sarin has had his fair share of negative feedback, so choose at your own risk.

Sweden

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »

The things I get to read at these forums........  ::)

You are not out of proportion and that was the worse excuse I've heard so far just bc you fail to lose weight.

You don't need to push yourself. If you do LL you will lose weight anyway so it will be no problem walking.
When you start walking your muscles are too weak and you'll need crutches.

Taller

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »

The things I get to read at these forums........  ::)

You are not out of proportion and that was the worse excuse I've heard so far just bc you fail to lose weight.

You don't need to push yourself. If you do LL you will lose weight anyway so it will be no problem walking.
When you start walking your muscles are too weak and you'll need crutches.

Dude, how does this make any sense? Sorry, but I really don't understand your point. I'm shorter than you are and have 3-4 CM more of sitting height because 96 CM is being a bit conservative. It's actually a hair over 38 inches, but I rounded down to 96 CM. You said yourself that you sit at 93 CM. How am I just as proportional as you? And I run 5 kilometers almost daily and eat healthy.  I really don't think I can lose much more weight. Maybe from muscle loss, but I hope that's not the case, and I don't think it will cause me to lose 10kg.

Sweden

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »

You measured wrong.

Show us a photo and I can easily tell.
So far everyone has been wrong claiming they have weird proportions. It would be nice if you are the first example. That's why I doubt it.

I know you believe in it so strong that it seems impossible for you to lose weight but it depends on your nutrition.
If your body fat is 8-9% then sure, it's a little bit more difficult but doable.
You will lose 5-7kg when doing LL.

Claude

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2014, 08:32:22 PM »

built somewhat like an orangutan, but far sexier  8)

Yeah and im like a little poney, because i have a huge head and really tiny hands and leggs.

Sweden

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »

Yeah and im like a little poney, because i have a huge head and really tiny hands and leggs.

I'm a Tazmanian Devil, only an upper body with small stumps sticking out from it here and there  ;D

Claude

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »

I'm a Tazmanian Devil, only an upper body with small stumps sticking out from it here and there  ;D

Im so jealous because you are a kung fu Tazmanian Devil and im a fat little poney soccer player  :-\
Okkkkkk lets get back to adult/LL mod  8)

Taller

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 12:19:33 AM »

Lol, Mr. Tasmanian Devil, I agree with you that I am already proportionate. But I do want to get taller and believe that my 96 CM will help me to still look normal after LL. I measured it by sitting under a stadiometer and measuring my sitting height just as I measure my standing height. I was sitting erect. Was I supposed to slouch? If you'd like I can post a picture, but it may take me a while because I use my phone to access these forums and can't upload from my phone.

Claude

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:41 AM »

Yeah yeah yeah always excuses, my dog ate my phone etc  ;D
Im a real little pony here's a proof (me playing soccer) :

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »

Claude, are you a brony?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up