Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achilles tendon release during leg lengthening operation?  (Read 378 times)

takura

Achilles tendon release during leg lengthening operation?
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:32:37 PM »

I was having a consultation with a LL surgeon and I asked him if he releases fisca and nerves during external fixators insertion operation (the first surgery) for precautions but he told me he does not do that. I was reminded of this great question when I read @KiloKahn 's diary where one LL surgeon he consulted with performed the release for all patinets

This doctor however says he releases the achilles tendon instead in the start itself to facilitate lengthening. I told him there's no way I want that and he said he has no problem not doing it (but then said mixed mumbo jumbo)

My question is, is this release normal for preparing lengthening? I have never heard of it before

Would be a great help to get any and all information on this

His preferred method is pure ilazarov LON

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
Re: Achilles tendon release during leg lengthening operation?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 12:51:26 PM »

I was having a consultation with a LL surgeon and I asked him if he releases fisca and nerves during external fixators insertion operation (the first surgery) for precautions but he told me he does not do that. I was reminded of this great question when I read @KiloKahn 's diary where one LL surgeon he consulted with performed the release for all patinets

This doctor however says he releases the achilles tendon instead in the start itself to facilitate lengthening. I told him there's no way I want that and he said he has no problem not doing it (but then said mixed mumbo jumbo)

My question is, is this release normal for preparing lengthening? I have never heard of it before

Would be a great help to get any and all information on this

His preferred method is pure ilazarov LON

it would seem as if your surgeon is smarter than most. especially if you're not against the use of pharmaceuticals like anabolic steroids to assist you at recovery (should these be permissible to use without a prescription at your country of residence)

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up