Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offering Support and Suggestions to anyone who needs it.  (Read 599 times)

InFullStryde

Offering Support and Suggestions to anyone who needs it.
« on: January 25, 2019, 01:32:17 AM »

Hi Guys,

For those of you who do not know yet; I'm going through CLL right now and I want to openly offer my support and advice to anyone who is going through CLL right now or thinking about it. I'm not an expert yet; but I've survived the first 3 weeks and I'm happy to help with anything I learn along the way.  Feel free to inbox me with any questions you might have.   

Best regards,
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:38:14 AM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

goodlucktomylegs

Re: Offering Support and Suggestions to anyone who needs it.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 06:35:41 AM »

Appreciate your kindness.
I hope you will have the best progression.

pjgpmjq

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 08:42:40 AM »

Hello. Which country is undergoing surgery? Could you tell me the cost and the period as well?

Kenda

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 11:23:26 AM »

How does it feel like to have a nail in your leg ? Is it easier or worse than the external?

InFullStryde

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:34:57 PM »

Hello. Which country is undergoing surgery? Could you tell me the cost and the period as well?

Hi PjGPMJQ,

I'm not 100% sure of what the cost is right now; since I was quoted in September of 2018.  The prices are increasing due to increased market demand and increased popularity, technological advanced and safety measures; of the surgery, however, here were my costs.

$700 Pre - Consultation - Includes X - Ray, Examination of your body and medical history.  Non-pressure and non-rushed 1:1 meeting with Dr. M to ask as many questions as you want. He goes through the entire process and is vested to make sure you're in good understanding of the surgery and process.
$30,000 Surgeon Fee (Full amount Due 2 weeks before surgery and $5000 deposit must be made to secure a surgery date)
$40,000 Hospital Fee (Full amount Due 2 weeks before surgery)
$1,700   Anesthesia Fee (Full amount Due 2 weeks before surgery)
Insurance MAY help to cover $10,000 Nail removal to be completed 1 year after surgery (I don't remember exactly, but price is close to this. Costs are not due until this surgery takes place).
Insurance Covers - Physical Therapy, Wheelchair, Walker, Crutches, Medication

Housing, Food, transportation and other accommodations such a care taker is not covered.   

I suggest budgeting about $2000 - $3000 more to cover other incidental items you might need such as muscle cream, ice packs, special transportation urinals, fans, massage blankets, etc, etc.   You want to think comfort and convenience and any item that can prove to be a great necessity during the recovery months.

I live only 1 hour from Dr. M offices, so I am able to actively participate in CLL from the comfort of my home.   If you do not live close, then one will have to budget for accommodations.   I THINK, but not sure, that Dr. M might allow you to lengthen from a far away (non-local) home but this would be best to ask him directly.

As far as the period... You can expect 3 months of lengthening which is distraction period.  During this time you are growing, and also strengthening your legs and flexibility; but you will not be able to walk normally.   In month 4 and 5 your bone will consolidate and your lengthening will stop. During this time you will see great gains in recovery and you should be walking close to normal by month 6.   Complications can delay this result; however complications are rare. Be sure to disclose your full medical history to the doctor.

Thank you and best regards,
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

InFullStryde

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »

How does it feel like to have a nail in your leg ? Is it easier or worse than the external?

You cannot feel the nails in your legs.   Dr. M has done a clean job with me as well. Little marking and scarring.   Internal nails from my perception would seem to be a much easier experience for the patient.   My nail is in my leg. I do not have to look at it or bother with it.  I can focus on building my legs back. Also, there is very minimal risk of infection with this method.  External methods are high risk and also, very difficult to live life with the fixators on your legs. Internal nails allow you to live during your recovery and that makes time go by much faster!

I reccomend internal nails through a very clean and well done Bi-Lateral Femur Osteoplasty!

ActionSpeaks

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 06:48:59 AM »

Hi IFS, I have been following your diary and posts and really appreciate all of them so much. I am interested in moving forward with either Dr. D at Limbplastx in Nevada or Dr. M in LA. It would definitely be Dr. M but the different prices quoted for STRYDE/PRECICE are confusing. Dr. M's emails quote just over $70k but other LL'ers say the final price for this is more like $90+. Also, my real concern is with the psych evaluation part of his consultation. Not that I'm psycho or depressed haha I promise! What kind of psych questions were you asked ~ or is it just to find out how committed you are to doing LL surgery and recovery process? Thank you and congratulations on your courage and commitment.

ControlYourLife

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »

Hey IFS if you get a minute could you check out my question to you in the saving for cll thread in general discussion
Pages: [1]   Go Up