Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you still want LL done if you were at least 5'8?  (Read 1122 times)

Prodigy610

• Visitor
Would you still want LL done if you were at least 5'8?
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:55:08 PM »

I think even if i would've grown to 5'9 or 5'10 i'd still want LL to gain 5-6 inches. I'll be getting surgery with Paley in a year or two, I'm a weak 5'8 and my goal is 6'1. 6'2 would be amazing though. My winsgpan is only 5'8 so i think i'll probably end up needing humerus lengthening for sure. About 5cm each arm. I am also going to experiment with taking HGH at a relatively low dose of 3-4iu and stacking it with 25MG Anavar daily to see if this results in a quicker and better recovery. My instinct is telling me it would yield amazing results, at 22 i've grown almost a full 2 inches with Anavar and GH plus a very high protein diet although to be fair i did not start growing facial hair until i was about 21 years old. But I'm surprised nobody has tried this yet. What if the bone growth during LL ends up being much more solid and swift with this stack? Its definitely a possibility. Thoughts?

myloginacc

Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Apprehensive Finance

Re: Would you still want LL done if you were at least 5'8?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 06:37:00 AM »

I wouldn't, but that's because if I were 5'8, I would be a lot taller than both my parents and about average for the rest of my family.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 12:26:03 PM »

I would.
Go for it

myloginacc

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 04:35:48 AM »

My instinct is telling me it would yield amazing results, at 22 i've grown almost a full 2 inches with Anavar and GH plus a very high protein diet although to be fair i did not start growing facial hair until i was about 21 years old. But I'm surprised nobody has tried this yet. What if the bone growth during LL ends up being much more solid and swift with this stack? Its definitely a possibility. Thoughts?

Quick note on Anavar:

"Although oxandrolone has long been used to accelerate growth in children with idiopathic short stature, it is unlikely to increase adult height, and in some cases may even decrease it. Oxandrolone has, therefore, largely been replaced by growth hormone for this use."

Wit, Jan M.; Oostdijk, Wilma (2015). "Novel approaches to short stature therapy". Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Purushrottam

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:43:10 AM »

Just like the DFM post that myloginacc linked, I felt comfortable stopping at 5'8" (4 cm). However it didn't make sense to spend so much money and not go for at least 5 cm (which is the safest, best guarantee for a full, fast recovery). I ended up lengthening 6.5 cm instead.
 Height has a diminishing return the further you go past average. Going from 5'6" to 5'9" is a pretty big deal. 5'8" to 5'11" is also a pretty big deal but not as life changing.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »

Just like the DFM post that myloginacc linked, I felt comfortable stopping at 5'8" (4 cm). However it didn't make sense to spend so much money and not go for at least 5 cm (which is the safest, best guarantee for a full, fast recovery). I ended up lengthening 6.5 cm instead.
 Height has a diminishing return the further you go past average. Going from 5'6" to 5'9" is a pretty big deal. 5'8" to 5'11" is also a pretty big deal but not as life changing.

Less lengthening is safer at least for soft tissue recovery, so 4 cm must be safer than 5cm, even if many of the same risks of CLL still apply no matter how much one lengthens.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up