Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feasible goals? Mockups and Proportions Included  (Read 3073 times)

Bluewiro

• Visitor
Feasible goals? Mockups and Proportions Included
« on: February 07, 2019, 05:08:33 PM »

Hi, I'm considering getting limb lengthening surgery and wanted to ask about what lengths would be good.

Here are some of my numbers:

MeasurementCentimetersInches
Height16565" (5'5")
Wingspan169.566.75" (5'6.75")
Sitting Height91.536" (3'0")
Arm Length*7128
Tibia/Lower Leg**35.514
Femur/Upper Leg**40.516

*Arm length measured from top of shoulder (the height at the top of the shoulder?) to fingertip with arms at the side.
**I'm not sure if I'm measuring these right. I'm kind of measuring from where I think is my femur ball joint and then down to my ankle, and dividing it into the two parts at the knee joint. This is probably really unreliable and an X-ray could very well show very different ratios.

A few things I've read on various posts in terms of proportions:
 - height shouldn't exceed my wingspan by more than 6cm (that would leave me at a maximum height of 175.5cm)
 - ratio of height to arm length gets noticeably bad at 2.5 (would be around 177.5cm)

Here's a markup of various options I am considering: https://i.imgur.com/BwiUUbf.png

To my eyes, 178 does not seem too bad. But perhaps this is a bad angle or mockup, or there are other things I am not considering (camera angle distorted by stretching a photo).
I also understand things wouldn't quite look the same as in the mockup, especially with loss of leg thickness from lengthening.

I am primarily considering either lengthening 5cm tibias and 5cm femurs simultaneously, or lengthening 8cm femurs and then 5cm tibias a year later.
Although lengthening 8cm femurs and 5cm tibias at the same time might be ideal, I am not sure whether that is safe or feasible. Anyone with knowledge and/or experience that could chime in would be appreciated! (I am looking to use stryde).

My main question is whether a final height of 177-178 would be proportionally reasonable or whether I would regret not having gone with 175.
If 177-178 is reasonable, then I would wonder whether it could be done with simultaneous lengthening. The difference in cost between simultaneous lengthening and two sessions a year apart is not a major concern. My main concern would be having to take time off twice rather than once vs. the greater chance of problems with simultaneous lengthening, especially if I try to push for something like 177-178 (if that is even possible).

Thank you for any help and advice relating to these concerns. General feedback on the mockups is also welcome. Thanks!

Bluewiro

edit: TL;DR: Should I try for 177-178 with these numbers? Mockup here: https://i.imgur.com/BwiUUbf.png
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:29:02 PM by Bluewiro »

GrowTow

Re: Feasible goals? Mockups and Proportions Included
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 05:58:44 PM »

Firstly, the detail and presentation of this whole post should be appreciated  ;D

But IMO; If the images you've created are accurate then 178cm doesn't look bad at all. If anything, your arms look better compared to your legs at 178 than 165.

But, I don't think proportions matter one bit. Unless you ever stand against a wall like a starfish, your arms will never look non-proportionate.

The only thing i'd change is; do 7cm on femurs and 6cm on tibias or vice versa. Never go above 7.5cm
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

myloginacc

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 12:28:17 AM »

There must be a lot of long-legged people out there. The best options, to my eyes, look like 178cm and 173cm. However, be sure you know what you're getting into. Be safe rather than sorry, etc. This is just a random post on the internet from someone who does not know you.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

short

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:25 AM »

178cm looks good.

Bluewiro

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I think the approach I'm most seriously considering right now is to do femurs first for at least 7cm, and then to do tibias a year later, to hopefully reach around 178 total.

Also, I remeasured my wingspan and somehow it now measures at 67.5. Not sure if I was having my arms at a weird angle when I measured it before but in any case 67.5 is somewhat reassuring.

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 05:45:44 PM »

5'10 surpisingly doesn't look too bad. I would be wary about how normal this looks despite a 5 inch increase. It just seems suspicious. Honestly, from this photo, it looks like you could get away with it. You will be disproportionate, but I think the benefit from stature increase will overrule that. Going from short to average is insane bro. You have good stats for getting LL. Damn, some of us are jut lucky.

otavio

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 08:04:27 PM »

you are too short. 5'10 is the best picture for you.

riskTaker

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 12:18:13 AM »

Stick to 5 cm on one segment. Proportions are actually super important in real life and you WILL be trapped in a dwarf-on-stilts body for the rest of your life if you add 13 cm. The pictures dont really capture it, watch a video of someone who has done >10 cm walk around and do household things, once they're in motion and your brain starts detecting the disproportionally it is truly sad and they just appear freakish and grotesque to be honest. 5 cm tibia and be happy happy with it

short

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 08:22:56 AM »

link?

ned_flanders

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 09:46:45 AM »

Stick to 5 cm on one segment. Proportions are actually super important in real life and you WILL be trapped in a dwarf-on-stilts body for the rest of your life if you add 13 cm. The pictures dont really capture it, watch a video of someone who has done >10 cm walk around and do household things, once they're in motion and your brain starts detecting the disproportionally it is truly sad and they just appear freakish and grotesque to be honest. 5 cm tibia and be happy happy with it

why do you even bother? this forum and its members wont accept such comments as it doesnt fit the agenda.
people here want to go from begin  social rejects, virgin to slaying 'blonde blue eyed girls' 7 days a week.

Becoming taller solves their obesity, their bad fashion sense, male pattern baldness, aspergers syndrome, unattractive face. Becoming  taller is the key to everything in this world. Even for the struggling people at 175cm

What you should write to become the hero of this fringe echo chamber is:
7.5cm is all safe.
Apotheosis looks proportional.
Cross lengthening in Russia is cheap and a good option.
ShyShy runs like a normal person
finished lengthening 5.5cm femur stryde 2019.
I am not sure if it was worth it :/

BeYourBest

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 12:36:25 PM »

We need more people on here telling people the truth. Informing people of the dangers if they do excessive lengthening etc.

Whatever approach we take shouldn't matter as much. For example, the other guy was relatively nicer with his words and you are more sarcastic. To me that doesn't matter as I am grateful for any good advice.

This is a serious life altering surgery and we should encourage more people to give out real, benefiting information. Information that can prevent complications.

So yes, do bother guys! Whether you do it nicely or not, do bother. I don't want people to make stupid decisions that they will regret.

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 04:47:55 AM »

Freakish and grotesque is an extreme thing to say. If you could point me to some videos, so I could judge for myself, it would be much appreciated.

StrangeDays67

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 01:21:56 PM »

Do cross lengthening to get to 5'9. So thats 2 inches tibias, 2 inches femurs. You'll be average height and still proportionate. In my opinion cross lengthening is the only way to do it unless you have unusually short femurs or tibas. You have a great sitting height for your stature so you could pull off 5'9 easily.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 06:42:59 PM »

Honestly photos from this kind of angle can be misleading, you'd also need to stand next to people IRL. But just my naive opinion from what I can see here is the 173cm looks the most balanced. 175 also looks pretty good but I'd have to see how your torso lines up with real people in real life. It'd be better to do a small amount on one segment, then evaluate your proportions and agility, and then go back for a second if you'd desire.

I actually do kind of agree with that doomer guy, people on here underestimate proportions. Human brains are extremely sensitive to human proportions, other people will never say anything and will just assume you have a weird body, but for your own sanity and your own sake, to feel happy when you look in the mirror and receive peace of mind, it'd probably be better to lengthen more conservatively so you don't exchange one form of BDD for another.
Pages: [1]   Go Up