Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Surgeons  (Read 1206 times)

Megan12345

• Visitor
UK Surgeons
« on: February 13, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »

Hello,

Could someone please advise me on if they know of anyone Surgeons in the UK preferably London ? Has anyone been to or know anyone that has been to see Ian Bacarese-Hamilton?

Thanks

Astronomy

Re: UK Surgeons
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:01:32 PM »

Haixndowishabsld

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:07:45 PM »

Hello.. I’m not referring to Guichet I’m just wondering if there are any other before I go out to America. I have a consultation booked with Paley in April but preferably would rather have the surgery in London so I can stay at home but if Paley is the safest option I will go with him. I am only 4ft 7 so going to have Femur and Tibia done 1 year apart to get to 5ft. So going to America for 3 months twice is not ideal. I was hoping someone would have some knowledge on the others. Thanks

BladeRunner

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »

Hello.. I’m not referring to Guichet I’m just wondering if there are any other before I go out to America. I have a consultation booked with Paley in April but preferably would rather have the surgery in London so I can stay at home but if Paley is the safest option I will go with him. I am only 4ft 7 so going to have Femur and Tibia done 1 year apart to get to 5ft. So going to America for 3 months twice is not ideal. I was hoping someone would have some knowledge on the others. Thanks

hi,

going to US is not ideal but the risk of being crippled with years of recovery cannot be better!

You say your height is 4'7, I assume you are 'petite' meaning that bones are a little thinner.
Guichet-nail is 13mm and certainly won't fit unless you ream alot. This is extremely risky, you can suffer eggshell fracture which would set your recover back years!
Please do some research before comitting to a surgeon. I'd say even the malfunctioning fitbone (Baumgart, Germany) would be better than g-nail in your case if you really need cheap internal. Fitbone may malfunction and needs to be replaced, but the risk is a month or two extra recovery. With eggshell fracture or non-union which can occur with excessive reaming of bone we are looking at wheelchair for years!

Edit:
I just saw that you wanted other options that Guichet.
- Baumgart, fitbone
- Köhne, stryde
- Giotikas, stryde

these are in europe. Generally I think if u chose a 11mm nail and femur most surgeons will be able to do it. For tibias uou need high-end surgeons (Stryde docs) or just go externals (no reaming of bone needed or nail insertion through knee area).

notatroll

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »

1-2 month extra recover with malfunction nails? Maybe with Baumgart. With Monegal... I would say no. Helloworld's nail failed and he hadn't a bad recovery… but poor Musicmaker, more than 4 years after her surgery and still wheelchairbounded. The worst case in LL history. You can't imagine how bad it is. Iatrogenic fractures, misalignments, non unions, nail malfunctions etc

Haixndowishabsld

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 09:04:18 PM »

Hi! Thank you so so much for your response ! I am not looking to go with any of those docs ! My only options are for precise stryde ! But it’s just who can offer it! If no one else does I will be going with Paley! Price is not an issue and the doctor in London and paley are the same ! Do you think precise will be ok for my bone ? Thanks once again

Haixndowishabsld

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »

Myself and my parents are more than happy to go with paley it’s just the relocating to Florida twice for 3 months at a time that is inconvenient but as safety is first priority if I have to I will. But as there is a doctor in London who offers stryde if we feel safe with him we will obviously prefer to do this in london. Do you have anything information on dr ian bacarese hamilton. My sister got offered this surgery on the nhs years ago but opted not to but now we are in a position to go private we are just hoping to find the best surgeon. Thanks everyone

tombrada

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »

Hiya - are you still planning on having the surgery may I ask? Thanks, Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up