Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Truth about external LL: my experience!  (Read 1851 times)

Big Decision

Truth about external LL: my experience!
« on: February 18, 2019, 03:40:36 AM »

I don't usually write,  but last few months was the toughest time in my life.
So I want to share it to people who want to this surgery and ask them to think over and over. Or at least go with advanced internal options.
I did my external surgery mid Nov and planing to remove my frame next month if everything goes well.

I read a lot of diary,  people share their experience,  some people say they could walk after 3 days post surgery and it gets easier day after day.
My experience has been totally different,  it's been more than two months and I still can't even stand up,  I have duck ass and I can't extend my knee more than 140 degree.
I have experienced so many different pain, I got bad Edema and the longest and worse pain is burning,  I feel my feet are in fire sometimes and don't have any nerve pain killers.

Growing up,
I have broken my arm,  my nose ,  I've been in surgery room a few times before,  but LL is a different beast. It makes me scream and cry sometimes.

InFullStryde

Re: Truth about external LL: my experience!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 04:03:24 AM »

So I want to share it to people who want to this surgery and ask them to think over and over. Or at least go with advanced internal options.
I did my external surgery mid Nov and planing to remove my frame next month if everything goes well.

I read a lot of diary,  people share their experience,  some people say they could walk after 3 days post surgery and it gets easier day after day.
My experience has been totally different,  it's been more than two months and I still can't even stand up,  I have duck ass and I can't extend my knee more than 140 degree.
I have experienced so many different pain, I got bad Edema and the longest and worse pain is burning,  I feel my feet are in fire sometimes and don't have any nerve pain killers.

Growing up,
I have broken my arm,  my nose ,  I've been in surgery room a few times before,  but LL is a different beast. It makes me scream and cry sometimes.

I understand, Big Decision.  LL is very, very difficult process.  Really, there is no typical experience because everyone is different.  Where are you from? Who is your Doctor? I assume that you are lengthening your tibias? How long did you lengthen so far?
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Andy

• Rough situations don't last, rough people do.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 05:12:45 AM »

Did you do external femurs or tibias and for how much lengthening? Good luck!

Singapore

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 05:51:59 AM »

Hi BD,

Please give us more info regarding your situation as mentioned above. In the mean time, I hope you will stay strong, and keep fighting my friend!!

epikness

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »

It's indeed different for everyone. My friend from Netherland is lengthening at this very moment.

He's doing fine(5th day lengthening) but some people are having troubles while some are fine from the get go. Stay strong brother

4cms

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »

Growing up,

How much have you lengthened?

Have you finished lengthening? If so since how long ago?

myloginacc

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »

Can you tell us your age and your starting height, Big Decision?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

raku

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 06:27:30 PM »

LL is difficult definitely.
You broke your leg. BROKEN like disable for months. and you could not do many little thing you could easily did before surgery.
But you did.  The only thing you could do is Keeping strong.
after recovery(maybe very very long) you are taller.
Maybe you woul be happy
Keep strong friend
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up