Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My experience  (Read 867 times)

jayes

• Visitor
My experience
« on: April 21, 2022, 05:44:02 AM »

Hey guys

I had the Stryde placed in November 2019.  I just had it removed last week and I feel great.

It was a very difficult experience mentally and physically.  A big part of that is doing this alone.  I think a lot of us are doing it alone. I did 5 cm on the femurs ending up just over 178 cm. It would not have been worth it to go further for me.  I also don’t want to ever deal with this again.  No desire to do tibias even if you paid me. Due to the pandemic and other reasons I just got the hardware removed and it feels great. I didn’t have any of the complications associated with Stryde with respect to bone itself.  I asked to see the hardware post op and I could see there was definitely corrosion involving one of the nails.  But I don’t think it is that significant.  I might get X-rays in 6 months just to check.

Anyway I wish all of you on this journey the best of luck. Hang in there. One your worst days remember that this too shall pass and it will get better.  If you can, try not to do this alone.  But if you can’t I totally understand why. Try to put your mind in a place a year ahead of where you are right now. You will be in a better place.  I’m a bit skeptical of surgeons who claim you won’t have a noticeable loss in athletic ability especially if you’re a high performance athlete.  For most of us the difference is probably not that significant.  All the best guys!

Arcon

Re: My experience
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 10:46:39 AM »

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

BoneStretching

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 12:56:35 AM »

Good to hear buddy, did you experience any of the lysis symptoms?

Oswego

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 01:20:39 AM »

What was your specific reason for stopping at 5? Pain or risk of complications or both?
Current height: 165cm

Goal height: 173cm with Dr. Paley

BoneStretching

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 04:01:00 AM »

Good to hear buddy, did you experience any of the lysis symptoms?

Sorry Just saw there was no complications. Glad to hear it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up