Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is proportions being overexaggerated?  (Read 346 times)

shortasiandude

• Visitor
Is proportions being overexaggerated?
« on: March 22, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »

I'm 166-167. I have the same sitting height(exact almost) as a guy who's 180cm.
And my friend 5'9 not, but a guy who's 6f is just like 5cm taller in sitting height, and same with everyone else.
People keep telling me if you lengthen more than 10cm its gonna look weird(not gonna do more than 10cm but besides the point)
Just curious and some insight?

myloginacc

Re: Is proportions being overexaggerated?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »

Growth in the last century happened mostly through the legs, so sitting heights tend to be similar, in similar living conditions. Of course, arm length also increased proportionally to the total height increase.

During the past two centuries in the Netherlands, as well as in many more industrialised countries, a positive secular growth change has been observed.6 Various studies have shown that the positive secular change is mainly due to increase in leg length rather than in trunk length.1,4,10–13 Tanner reported that between the 1950s and 1980s Japanese height increased solely due to change in leg length. Sitting height showed no increase, so the trunk/leg proportions changed much more towards the proportions of North Europeans, though their final height was still 1 SD lower.14

[...]

[...] Despite the fact that the Oosterwolde sample consisted of relatively tall children from the northern part of the Netherlands, the 1997 Dutch population was even taller. The Oosterwolde study showed that in 10 years (1980–90) the increase in height was more pronounced than the increase in sitting height, so the major secular change must have been in the legs.1 [...]

"Nationwide age references for sitting height, leg length, and sitting height/height ratio, and their diagnostic value for disproportionate growth disorders"

Source: https://adc.bmj.com/content/90/8/807
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

StrangeDays67

Re: Is proportions being overexaggerated?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 11:01:41 PM »

You should never exceed the 48% inseam to height ratio. You might think you have the same sitting height but thats cause your friends could be slouching. It's not worth it to be tall if you don't look good nked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up