Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I’m over my height issue  (Read 876 times)

ramaka

I’m over my height issue
« on: February 28, 2019, 02:24:54 AM »

Pretty much this will probably be the last thing I’ll write on this forum but I finally got over my height problem it took a lot of time but I got over it.
The reason I got over it is basically because I really thought about the cons vs the pros example I’m currently 5’10 and I wanted to get to 6’2 but at my current height I can run and compete at top level pretty much which is honestly what so many people on this forum would love to be able to do, I’m not here preaching and saying because I don’t want LL you shouldn’t no more power to you. All I’m saying is don’t rush into anything really think about what your giving up to be a few inches taller, this is manly directed at people of the 5’9+ range on this forum.

The shorter people on here I believe have the most to gain with this surgery so for all you who do go through with it best of luck to you hopefully it works out for the best.

wannagrowtaller

Re: I’m over my height issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 02:57:14 AM »

Congratulations. Wise decision.
Go for it

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 02:59:09 AM »

You saved your self several months and and many $1000's. I'm glad you have come to terms.  Your height is already excellent.  Thank you also for wishing the other CLL'ers well. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 04:02:31 AM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

myloginacc

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 03:49:41 AM »

I remember you come from a tall family, so I understand it sucks feeling short in there. However, you're not short, and it's great to see you were able to get some perspective outside of your family, and also realize what you would need to give up to become taller. Hence, you've made your informed decision to give up on this surgery.

Wishing you the best of luck in life.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

StrangeDays67

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »

No  , you're 5'10. You should of never of had a height issue in the first place.

otavio

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 04:55:41 PM »

No  , you're 5'10. You should of never of had a height issue in the first place.
I am 5'10 and I have severe height issue. I next year I will do it.

Beastmode1234

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 11:10:01 PM »

I can relate with this a lot. I fluctuate in the 5'9-5'9 3/4" range.

I don't feel anyone 5'9"+ should feel short even though I have at times. It is a completely average height, I believe you can even come off tall at times if you are a true 5'9+

I'm about 23 right now and the only way I could ever see going through with it is if I had the money for Paley or someone of that caliber years down the line and even then it would probably just be femurs for 2 ish inches.

makeme6ft

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 11:27:43 PM »

Pretty much this will probably be the last thing I’ll write on this forum but I finally got over my height problem it took a lot of time but I got over it.
The reason I got over it is basically because I really thought about the cons vs the pros example I’m currently 5’10 and I wanted to get to 6’2 but at my current height I can run and compete at top level pretty much which is honestly what so many people on this forum would love to be able to do, I’m not here preaching and saying because I don’t want LL you shouldn’t no more power to you. All I’m saying is don’t rush into anything really think about what your giving up to be a few inches taller, this is manly directed at people of the 5’9+ range on this forum.

The shorter people on here I believe have the most to gain with this surgery so for all you who do go through with it best of luck to you hopefully it works out for the best.

I was basically your exact height and I ended up doing it anyway for pure vanity reasons

Regardless I think the added height is a great boost for being a work CEO or for hanging with friends. The real regret for everyone comes when they're in pain.

myloginacc

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »

I can relate with this a lot. I fluctuate in the 5'9-5'9 3/4" range.

I don't feel anyone 5'9"+ should feel short even though I have at times. It is a completely average height, I believe you can even come off tall at times if you are a true 5'9+

The problem is that being a true 5'9er (175cm at night) means you're, most likely, 177cm by morning (5'9.7).
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

TruthBomber

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 10:20:38 AM »

No  , you're 5'10. You should of never of had a height issue in the first place.
Uhh, don't lie please. 5'10''s just cannot compete in 2019.

Astronomy

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 11:03:43 AM »

Uhh, don't lie please. 5'10''s just cannot compete in 2019.
Yes 5'10'' can't fight against feeling of being inferior in America.At least 6' can.
But I'd still congraution Racurz on overcoming mental issues.
He just got outta infernal of inferior.

Singapore

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »

If you are talking about Serbia, the Netherland or Croatia.... then I agree that 5'10 is still under average, but definitely not in North America.

5'10 is a completely fine height in North America. I used to live there, and when wearing lifts to push myself to 5'10, I did not feel short at all. You are not tall but nobody could say that you are short either. At this height, your height is just not an advantage, therefore, you just need to improve on other things.

So I do think that doing it at 5'10 is overkill considering how risky and expensive this surgery is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up