Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr Paley scheduled on March  (Read 13571 times)

forumonly2019

Re: Femurs with Dr Paley scheduled on March
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »

Ok I will figure it out, thanks for the support:)

InFullStryde

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 12:41:10 PM »

Hi forumonly2019,

When you say that your right leg can only bend 85 degrees...which position are you referring to?
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

forumonly2019

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »

When I lay in bed on my stomach, had my right leg raise up and bend over.
It was actually more like a 50 degree.... 85 was like i die for a sec

InFullStryde

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 01:16:41 PM »

When I lay in bed on my stomach, had my right leg raise up and bend over.
It was actually more like a 50 degree.... 85 was like i die for a sec

LOL @ "like i die for a sec".   I relate to that. I have died on several occasions during this CLL process, myself.  You're going to be just fine.   I was the same as you at this point at about 85 degree/90.  You'll be just fine. We'll stand by for more updates.  You're doing great.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

forumonly2019

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 03:36:46 PM »

Just done pt today, great as usual. He measured my left leg can bend 97 degrees while right one with only 88...  Thank you fullstryde, love having you here, I screamed and cried a little during today’s pt so I just “died” serveral more times now haha.
when mike asked me to hold for a stretching position for 30 secs, it hurt so so bad. But right after releasing my leg, the pain was completely gone. Ahh, it’s just how stretching is I guess  :'(

forumonly2019

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 03:41:38 PM »

Little update on oxycodone: I actually can take it if I split it into half and have them half hour apart.

InFullStryde

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »

Little update on oxycodone: I actually can take it if I split it into half and have them half hour apart.

Outstanding! The pain killer will get you through this initial "post-surgical" time. Most the pain you're experience is only natural due to the type of surgery you had.  Keep going good with those stretches and you'll be great.  Here are a few CLL complications that pop up and it's worth asking Mike about to understand how his stretching will prevent this for you...

1) "Duck Ass" - How to keep it away and get ride of it once it comes (if it comes)
2) "Keep my Legs straight" - As you approach 4cm or 5cm..your legs want to bend on their own...
3) "Wide Legs" - Meaning it gets harder to keep your legs together when standing straight up...

These are the big 3 to stay proactive on and to keep Mike on his "toes"....in helping you prevent.

Forum, I'd love to know what stretches they make you do at Paley's.  I'm with Dr. M, and comparing notes.

You're doing great!  Looking forward to more updates.

forumonly2019

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »

Thank you so much for those valuable notes, will def. ask Mike next Monday for each of them ;D
Mike teaches me new practices everyday.
Sit on the pt table, Spread the legs, Bend over and try to reach the lowest possible point, use a strap to go around one feet and pull, elbow on the table.
Lay on stomach, he bend my leg over one at a time.
Lay on pt table, have a roll under my knee, try to kick up.
Some electric shock thing on my femurs that cannot be done by myself.
Sit near the edge of the pt table with leg naturally falling down, try to bend one leg at a time.
There are more, but these pretty much sums up the idea of stretching here.
These positions have to be used carefullly because sometimes you need to move forward or backward a bit and it makes a big difference, other times the place he put pressure on and hold on matters a lot as well, so it’s hard to picture it if not seeing it in person.

forumonly2019

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 09:31:39 PM »

Here is the link:
https://imgur.com/gallery/wydzEPT

The pic I took of dinner was the highest level they served me at the hospital, not every meal like that, but overall I would give a 7.8
They even offered us a double quantity of food the last night before I got discharged. Nice:)

Just update few pics of the shuttle offered by homewood suite by Hilton, it’s so cool that it can pick me up while I sit on the wheelchair, basically I don’t have to move to be picked up and dropped off.

forumonly2019

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 09:37:17 PM »

Plus, Angelique is quite nice to deal with, if you have some small favors to ask, she can help you out.

InFullStryde

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2019, 02:11:04 AM »

Awesome! You're in good hands over there.  Sounds like its going pretty good so far.

forumonly2019

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2019, 08:48:24 PM »

Im doing alright, mike expects me to be able to bend 30 degrees more by next Monday and I’m truly motivated(questioning myself) by that....
I’m now 2mm taller! Took a shower today which is problobly a bad idea cuz Im getting reddish around few incisions, don’t know why that nurse told me to do so.
My right leg is getting real tight, can’t bend over 80 degrees now... will work on it
I got 10 hours sleep last night, feeling bit slow today, maybe I should start to get up around 8 am even on weekends... was gonna sleep around 10:30pm but I watched new episodes of modern family, young Sheldon and the Big Bang... pretty happy though
I’m kinda worried that my legs have been consolidated cuz I don’t really feel like they are broken apart, maybe just my thought
My feet have been swollen since last night, it’s around my ankle as well, called Paley Institute today and was told to buy a pair of compression socks and wear them in the day time. Also I still need to place ice packs near my femurs at night.
*just remembered I should have taken silicon 5 times a day... only started yesterday
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:23:11 PM by forumonly2019 »

InFullStryde

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »

Im doing alright, mike expects me to be able to bend 30 degrees more by next Monday and I’m truly motivated(questioning myself) by that....
I’m now 2mm taller! Took a shower today which is problobly a bad idea cuz Im getting reddish around few incisions, don’t know why that nurse told me to do so.
My right leg is getting real tight, can’t bend over 80 degrees now... will work on it
I got 10 hours sleep last night, feeling bit slow today, maybe I should start to get up around 8 am even on weekends... was gonna sleep around 10:30pm but I watched new episodes of modern family, young Sheldon and the Big Bang... pretty happy though
I’m kinda worried that my legs have been consolidated cuz I don’t really feel like they are broken apart, maybe just my thought
My feet have been swollen since last night, it’s around my ankle as well, called Paley Institute today and was told to buy a pair of compression socks and wear them in the day time. Also I still need to place ice packs near my femurs at night.
*just remembered I should have taken silicon 5 times a day... only started yesterday

You'll notice that your flexibility begins to increase after the surgical effects begin to wear off.  Enjoy the sleep! Most of us CLL'ers complain (including myself) on how we can only sleep 2 - 4 hours a night, max.  If sleeping is coming natural to you; really treasure that.You're not consolidated! Have you tried walking on the nails at all?

forumonly2019

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:54 AM »

Good to know that:) I can sleep whenever I want to and normally it’s 10 hours sleep if it’s not pt day as mine is always scheduled at 8am,  just sometimes I gotta get up and pee...
I walk a lot everyday and it could be the reason for my swollen feet.
I went to target today to get a comfy pillow, compression sock, a roll and some other daily stuff.

* I only took one actexxxxxx (can’t remember the name, it’s the same as Tylenol) pill this morning for shower. I do feel pain actually, but somehow I can ignore it as it’s only at 2-3 level.

InFullStryde

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2019, 12:20:15 AM »

Are you using the walker, crutches or are you just walking around like nothing ever happened to you? lol

forumonly2019

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2019, 12:27:26 AM »

I have to use the walker, going to buy a protection glove for my poor hands,  still have duck ass but better than first week. Actually I think my gait is incorrect so it’s the first thing I gotta ask mike next Monday.

*i also went to Foodtown today so if anyone saw a girl with a walker yeah that’s me ;)
*forgot to have the silicon again.... have to take twice now
*i think the reason that I’m able to sleep well is taking vitamin D 10000 everyday at 9am.
*after my advice, my mother took vitamin D 5000 per day(the day I got it from gardens pharmacy) She said she can be really sleepy around 9-10pm and she began to have deep sleeping, only side effect is that sometimes she feels it’s harder to get up in the morning...

InFullStryde

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 12:38:48 AM »

Okay, for Duck Ass.... Mike will talk to you about it; and from what I understand it is because of the post surgery, weakened glutes, and then the tight quads and hip flexors.  The walker is great for safely building back those leg muscles. 

Here is a good video to attack  Anterior Pelvic Tilt (or Duck ass!)...it will go away; so its nothing to worry about.   Pick out a few of these...and here is another easy way to lose it...when you're in resting mode...flex your butt and your abs. I'm curious to know what Mike says to eliminate the duck ass! I'm in need of some tips from him.   I have the APT....working on it...

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3: Here is how you should sit....while you have the Duck Ass....APT

forumonly2019

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2019, 12:44:31 AM »

Thanks for these explanations and videos :D
I will watch them later and try to correct my posture.
He actually mentioned that I should walk like before surgery, anyways will let you know.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »

In the week of the surgery, how did you change your clothes, or take a shower, or make number 2? Did you need help for that? How do you evaluate your autonomy to day to day ordinary activities?
Go for it

forumonly2019

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »

I only had hospital gown on me until the last day( got discharged and got to put on my own cloth, a loose t shirt and a short). I changed the gown once cuz it got dirty from stuff, with the help of my mom and the nurse. The gown itself is kinda pretty, with moon and star on it, looking bluish grey I remember. Actually you wouldn’t want to put on your own cloth for the first few days cuz the material of the gown is breathable and it’s light. You don’t ever want to feel hot in these days...)
I didn’t take a shower until yesterday. The first time my mom washed my hair was on the discharged day, I lay on the wheelchair (you can adjust its back angle) so the water wouldn’t flow down. ( but it did a little and I panicked)
Number 2, omg, at the beginning I didn’t have much arm strength so I couldn’t utilize the supporting rod over my head, I had to push the bed using my hands at the same time my mother and nurse lifted my legs and pulling me to the edge of the bed( gently, or else my legs hurt so bad). Then I had to stand up using the walker with my mom pushing my back and lifting me up. Sitting on the portal toilet was horrible as well as getting up after finished.
If I am to evaluate my mobility during the hospital stay, for the  first two days I would say close to zero, my mother even  fed me as it was unpleasant to eat by my self and I didnt wipe my own bottom until March 13th or so... (I could have done it earlier, maybe on the 12th)
As soon as the muscle on my arms started to gain strength, i could lift my self up a bit so it was easier to get off the bed and move to the sitting or laying positions i like. Still couldn’t move my legs on my own though.

forumonly2019

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2019, 02:11:08 PM »

Just uploaded the gown pic, I edited it cuz the original pic is a selfie I took with my mom. But you can get the idea of its look.

forumonly2019

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »

Got a mean comment on the uploaded gown, gonna shut down imgur, I don’t take any insult.

InFullStryde

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »

Awe, that is too bad. Some people have no class.  Was it someone from the forum? or imjur?

forumonly2019

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2019, 07:46:57 PM »

Think it was someone from the forum which pissed me off >:(
Anyhow, I did three hours stretching today with my wonderful mother, and I’m now 3 mm taller!

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »

Think it was someone from the forum which pissed me off >:(
Too bad.
Anyhow, I did three hours stretching today with my wonderful mother, and I’m now 3 mm taller!
Congratulations!
Go for it

forumonly2019

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »

Thanks!  ;D

forumonly2019

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2019, 01:52:57 AM »

There was a sudden movement happened inside my right femur twice today (also comes with the sound) and I’m now worried if the rod in my right leg didnt align well (maybe it’s the reason my right leg contains much more fluid and has less flexibility, before the surgery my legs are the same regarding range of motion.) Now my right femur hurts. There is something wrong right above my knee as well.
Already emailed Paley and Robbins, waiting for their responses.

forumonly2019

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2019, 02:30:18 AM »

Update: Paley responded real fast, asking me to go to his clinic tomorrow and get a x-ray.
Glad:)

InFullStryde

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2019, 02:37:58 AM »

Update: Paley responded real fast, asking me to go to his clinic tomorrow and get a x-ray.
Glad:)

Is there any redness or swelling? What did the sound, "sound" like? 

Everything is probably okay; but glad Paley is on top of it. Keep us posted.

forumonly2019

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2019, 03:01:32 AM »

No redness but I do feel “inside”(near bone) hurts. It wasn’t sharp, it’s more like a dull, dislocation sound.
I hope it’s nothing, paley’s quick response reduced my fear. I will let you know fullstryde, thanks for caring about me:)

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »

Did you get your x ray? How are you doing? I hope you are fine.
Go for it
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up