Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia lengthening leads people to a second LL?!  (Read 2115 times)

Wazzup

Tibia lengthening leads people to a second LL?!
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:37:52 AM »

Hello u all. I'm 1,65 with 1,70 wingspan and as far as I am concern (from following both ll forums over the past half a year) it seems to me that the vast majority of those who intend or went after a second LL started by lenghtening theirs tibias.

Correct me if I am wrong but do you think that is there a connection? Here is what I think:  ???

On the one hand if a person lenghtens his femurs and still thinks he isn't happy with the results he can simply use boots or shoes with 2,5cm insoles, gaining a total of 2,5 extra when compared to regular shoes. This beeing said, imagine if he had lenghtened 6,5cm femur + 2,5cm insoles he would be 9cm taller than his original height. Besides that the insoles or boots will compensate the femur lenghtening and his proportions would be 100% unnoticeable.

On the other hand, if a person lengthens his tibias in 6,5cm and isn't happy enough with the results the results if he uses boots or insoles the result will be the opposite! The proportions wont look good because besides lenghtening his tibias he is gaining extra height in his shoes. which might leed him in another LL journey.

What do you think of this arguments?? Here is my conclusion:

6,5femur+2,5from insoles or boots -> +9cm than original -> Boots and insoles will compensate the femur lenghtening reulting in good proportions

6,5tibia can't use insoles or boots in orther for the proportions don't go way off from what is acceptable -> forced to lengthen his femurs

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: Tibia lengthening tends to lead people for a second LL?!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:47 AM »

i thought like that at first also.

but i am getting 2 surgeries so tibia should always be done first, as femur has a higher chance of complications,

also if you do both surgeries back to back you cant do tibia second because of the reduced range of motion from femur which is inevitable.

Wazzup

Re: Tibia lengthening tends to lead people for a second LL?!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »

i thought like that at first also.

but i am getting 2 surgeries so tibia should always be done first, as femur has a higher chance of complications,

also if you do both surgeries back to back you cant do tibia second because of the reduced range of motion from femur which is inevitable.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. But now I'm curious... What is your original height, how many cm are you planisferio to lenght and if you only intended to do 1LL would you go for tíbias or femurs?

Wazzup

Can't do college and think about LL
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:25 PM »

I know i still need to do the X-Rays  but what do you think of this mock ups with extra 7cm? I would love if you could share your opinions even if it is just a "femur looks better" or a "tibia looks better."  ;D

I only want to decide, the soon as possible, what are my goals and if I should aim for tibia or femurs. Then i must focus 100% on college, but it is impossible to do so if I keep thinking about leg lenghtening 24/7.

In my opinion and from what was said before I think femurs might look better. I was planning on going to Dr. Guichet to lenghten between 6-7cm but that only the time will say  :P

https://unsee.cc/gemasido

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

Re: Tibia lengthening leads people to a second LL?!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 12:39:54 AM »

im either 171cm or 173cm. I don't know.

its a hard question. I am the kind of person who will do 2 surgeries lol. doing 1 surgery only does not compute in my mind lol.

i would still keep to the 6cm limit regardless.

i am sorry that i am unable to answer your question. lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up