Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal Body Type?  (Read 690 times)

BeYourBest

Ideal Body Type?
« on: March 16, 2019, 12:21:55 AM »

Hey guys!

I hope everyone is keeping well! I am relatively new to the forum, I have been lurking for about 2/3 months and have finally decided to make an account.

My question is about pre-op physique. I am 170cm (perhaps a hairline under) with a medium build I’d say. Not too skinny but by no means big. However, the thing is that I am looking to start actively going to the gym. I aim to get bigger from all aspects including my legs.

My question is whether body building patients with relatively bigger legs go through an easier time on average during the process (i.e. from surgery until normal) than those that do not frequently lift weights? What are the ideal legs?

Anyways, I will probably start to get more active on the forum as my interests grow. Right now, I am leaning towards 7cm growth through an internal femur surgery. Not entirely sure where I want to do it, but I prefer the safest (obviously)! Just have to start making and saving a lot lol!

Thank you!

myloginacc

Re: Ideal Body Type?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 05:34:13 PM »

It's more about your bones than your muscles. Guichet recommended that his patients developed muscles in their legs before surgery, but I wasn't able to find a paper on the reasons for that. He did mention, though, "wide bone, heavy, muscular, caucasian type patients" have an easier time with the healing.

You want to maintain a great diet until (and after) your surgery. You don't want to have subpar calcium, vitamin D and vitamin K intake.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

BeYourBest

Re: Ideal Body Type?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 12:21:31 AM »

Thanks for your response! I’ll look further into them
Pages: [1]   Go Up