Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clothing, and showering with frames  (Read 1661 times)

tibiafemur

• Visitor
Clothing, and showering with frames
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »

What kind of clothes do you wear while leg lengthening?

1.) Track pants for concealing frames?

2.) What type of underwear do you wear, and how easy is it to take on/off?

3.) What is the best shirt material for wearing for long periods without changing?

4.) What type of shoes are best, comfortable running shoes?

A.) How do you shower or wash yourself while wearing external frames?

B.) How frequently do you shower?

Thanks!
Current height: 175cm - 5'9"
Desired height: 180cm - 5'11"

Age 21
Weight: 170lbs

Descreteuser

Re: Clothing, and showering with frames
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 10:30:29 PM »

1) xxl track pants
2)normal briefs as long as they can stretch enough
3)wear whatever ya want your in a tough situation having 2 broken legs getting dirty clothes is the least of you worries.. I personally only wear a shirt when I leave my room which is barely ever at the moment..
4) running shoes
5) I remove shower head from clip sit in the shower with legs sticking out of the wet area and put a towel over the fixators.. You don't want any water on the device as it can cause infections around pins.Wash everywhere else but ur lower legs..
6) you will be lounging around the whole time so you could get away with showering every third day without feeling too dirty..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Svidi94

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »

Even I am super satisfied with the quality of my Nike shoes and the newly purchased beach riot yoga set. This set is comprised of a beautiful pair of patterned leggings, tank top and designer Sports bra. I must say that the entire gear fits me super nicely and helps me to perform effectively.

cheekycabs

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:39 AM »

Even I am super satisfied with the quality of my Nike shoes and the newly purchased beach riot yoga set. This set is comprised of a beautiful pair of patterned leggings, tank top and designer Sports bra. I must say that the entire gear fits me super nicely and helps me to perform effectively.

How can you wear the leggings with frames???

I will add one more point, I prefer wearing shoes that are low profile, like Nike Free or Vibram Trail shoes. They stretch your ankles a little bit more and you get better exercise with them. But, it is something you should plan to wear only for a little while because your ankles will get a bit sore.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Great321

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »

2.) What type of underwear do you wear, and how easy is it to take on/off?
I wear boxers - size:Large

4.) What type of shoes are best, comfortable running shoes?
Even though my doctor recommended normal shoes, I didn't like them. First you have to wear socks for running shoes and those are too close to the pins sometimes which I find unsanitary. Second I had nerve pain/problems with my left foot, so wearing socks or wearing shoes for too many minutes wasn't possible either way. I just wore Crocs or walked barefoot in the apartment.

A.) How do you shower or wash yourself while wearing external frames?
During my stay in Athens, I didn't shower at all. One of the doctors even recommended not to shower for at least the first two months. I washed myself with a washcloth and washed my hair under the tap of the sink. When I was back home it was easier. Because we have an accessible bathroom here, so I just sit on a shower stool and focus washing mainly my upper body and upper legs, after such a long time, it's ok if the bodywash runs over your lower legs too but you shouldn't pour water over your lower legs for like 15 minutes. I don't like showering with the frames because afterwards the pins always feel weird and I'm afraid of getting an infection.

B.) How frequently do you shower?
Not very frequently. I do more quick washs. I only leave the house after every 6-8 weeks for X-rays.

cheekycabs

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:43:41 AM »

I wish there was a consensus agreement on showering. For example I'm now showering without covering my pins and using soap/water to clean around my wounds for the past month or two. This was also recommended from my doctor.

However the first time I did this about 2 months after my surgery, my leg was in so much pain it was unbelievable. I was immobile for almost 3 days.

Now I'm not even using gauze to cover my wounds, everything is open and semi dried up. I use klobest cream and sometime sudacream on my pinpoints to keep them healing, I've been told it's best not to let them dry completely.

Even after 6 months I don't know the right answer...
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

cheekycabs

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »

I should also add, I don't have any pain after taking a shower, nor the day after.

When the original occurrence happened, the day after was completely miserable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up