Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UNICORN GUICHET 2016  (Read 3394 times)

Unicorn888

• Visitor
UNICORN GUICHET 2016
« on: December 04, 2020, 12:56:23 PM »

Hi everyone,

How are you?  It has been such a tough year, hasn't it?  I had my entire previous journal removed for pending legal reasons per my lawyers' advice.  But in the mean time, I've missed you guys and thought I'd continue being in touch with you, and continue to be of service to share experience and provide advice where I can.  And provide updates on my recovery.

What I'll do is, I'll repost many of my previous blogs that were about the lengthening process and what to look out for, omitting anything to do with Guichet.

That way, I feel like I can continue to contribute to this space in a constructive manner without jeopardizing a very important pending legal case.

So for those of you who know and don't know me for the last 4.5 years, please don't hesitate to ask questions, ok?  I'll endeavour to share all my knowledge pool with you.

Take care and if I don't hear from anyone, happy holidays :)  Aren't we glad 2020 will soon be over, alleluia!

Regards,
Unicorn
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

tallertree

Re: UNICORN GUICHET 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 04:20:06 PM »

Hope everything is fine with you Unicorn.

I saw a study recently wich is about artificial bone healing. Apparently now its possible to artificially heal the bone without having to transplant it from your own body.

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/48/eabc1779

RabbitInAHat

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 12:37:46 AM »

Good to hear from you. I have been following you on instagram for your updates :)

SpeedDialer

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 05:07:01 AM »

Hey Unicorn!

What legal trouble can people get into for posting a diary? I'm curious, maybe if I make a diary one day I would want to know what to be careful to avoid putting in it.

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 01:14:15 PM »

Hey Unicorn!

What legal trouble can people get into for posting a diary? I'm curious, maybe if I make a diary one day I would want to know what to be careful to avoid putting in it.

It's actually not legal trouble in most countries if you're posting the truth.  Libel is applicable only if it's false.  Believe it or not.  In my case, because there's a lawsuit in process, my lawyers are being cautious, hence the moratorium for now.

That said, the BBC with whom I've been working with has released this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55146906 and it has one of my friends in it who went with Guichet as well.

I had to pull my original interview until the legal process is over.  But my story will not be hidden, that I can assure you.

Regards
Unicorn
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »

Good to hear from you. I have been following you on instagram for your updates :)

So sorry I haven't updated, I should continue :)  Apologies, have been just coping with such a difficult year.  Basically, my life went to ashes and am really trying very hard to rebuild.  Happy holidays!  Hoping for 2021 to be much better.

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 01:19:48 PM »

Hope everything is fine with you Unicorn.

I saw a study recently wich is about artificial bone healing. Apparently now its possible to artificially heal the bone without having to transplant it from your own body.

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/48/eabc1779

After 5 surgeries, trying everything from Exogen, HGH, supplements, Forteo (teriparatide), countless herbs, bone marrow, cadaver bone chips and finally, my own hip bone...  I can say, the natural hip bone transplant onto myself is the only one that has worked. 

My last CT scan shows fully fused bones on 360 degrees now.  But they're painfully thin, so I still have some time to go but at least, we're no longer looking at a 4 inch gap of metal.  That said, I'm still on crutches at 50% weightbearing because the NHS doesn't want to risk the nail breaking again.

Although, my Guichet nail is now replaced with a 12mm trauma nail which is a lot stronger because even mechanically, it's a straight shaft without the fragile neck a lengthening nail would have. 

I'll post new xrays soon when I get them.

frenchie

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »

I don't know if the surgeon in question is deeply narcissistic or knows he is a fraud but yet keeps going. Which would be worse?

Arrogance

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 04:58:50 PM »

I haven't visited the forum for the last couple of weeks but if I did visit it on December 4th I would have had a nice birthday surprise. Unicorn posting again!!! Good to know your bones are finally fusing it took a while. Keep going! You are a huge inspiration not just for the forum but for people in general. I don't know anyone who has fallen from such a height into such a deep hole. Imagine Elon Musk having an accident loosing his job and health.

PS: Oh what do you know , dr guichet has his own LL acount here now
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

Shadow91

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 01:10:20 AM »

Im so happy that you have made progress, god knows you deserve it. Btw what happened to your friend and why were there a gap in his legs? I mean, dont you check your x-ray every 2 week to see if everything is as it should be. In your friends case i assume that if there wasn't any growth, why didn't he stop the lengthening? Or was his case like yours with a runaway nail and a doc with low morals? Anyway im happy for your progress, keep at it and keep your head up ;).

Shadow91

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 01:24:41 AM »

Do you think that it's possible to have a safe LL in Europe today?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 09:32:23 PM »

Happy holidays Unicorn! Wish you all the best! Hope to hear what happens in the end
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

1234pro

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 04:54:53 AM »

what happened to you?
Pages: [1]   Go Up