Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Giotikas, LON 5cm Tibia  (Read 38498 times)

wannagrowtaller

Re: Dr Giotikas, LON 5cm Tibia
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Your gait looks pretty good to me only 3 weeks after frame removal. Now I hope you recover well.
Go for it

Jolien

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2019, 05:36:26 PM »

Your gait looks pretty good to me only 3 weeks after frame removal. Now I hope you recover well.

Thank you! x

Jolien

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2019, 05:38:06 PM »

Jolien how many months did you stay-in Athens?

Where did you stay?

Ans this garden you are walking in is in the hospital or where exactly?

& what is thesus center??

I stayed there for 3 months
The garden was at the rooftop of the revalidation centre called Theseus.

Kind regards

azman

« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2019, 03:20:21 AM »

Hey Jolien

That’s awesome to hear that there a roof top garden.

I'm been trying to decide if I should chose Dr. Giotikas to do my CLL on my femur with stryde.

Have you meet any of his patient during your stay in Athens that has done internal Precice 2.2 or Stryde on the femur or tibia?

If so, how were they, did their surgery went ok?

Thanks

Jolien

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2019, 07:38:20 AM »

Hey Jolien

That’s awesome to hear that there a roof top garden.

I'm been trying to decide if I should chose Dr. Giotikas to do my CLL on my femur with stryde.

Have you meet any of his patient during your stay in Athens that has done internal Precice 2.2 or Stryde on the femur or tibia?

If so, how were they, did their surgery went ok?

Thanks

I did, they all reacted different but overall I think they all will be fine in the near future. :-D

Jolien

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2019, 07:43:59 AM »

Hello, could you post a photo of your scars at this moment ? i want to see how they look

Dear,

I uploaded some pictures of my scars on my word google doc.

Kind regards

InFullStryde

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2019, 03:03:36 PM »

Dear,

I uploaded some pictures of my scars on my word google doc.

Kind regards

Great diary, Jolien.  I reviewed the Google Docs area and you have provided excellent material and information for future Tibia Lengthening patients.  Based on your walk; you are well on your way to recovery.  Proportions for Femur/Tibia look wonderful. 

Best wishes and in advance, congratulations on a successful recovery!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Rei

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2019, 03:17:56 PM »

Yeah best diary by a landslide

Jolien

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2019, 07:13:48 PM »

Great diary, Jolien.  I reviewed the Google Docs area and you have provided excellent material and information for future Tibia Lengthening patients.  Based on your walk; you are well on your way to recovery.  Proportions for Femur/Tibia look wonderful. 

Best wishes and in advance, congratulations on a successful recovery!

Thank you so much!! I wish you the best as well!

MirinHeight

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2019, 11:36:29 AM »

Im honestly very impressed with Dr. Giotikas.
hoping to see many more great diaries on him on this forum.

You had one of the best recoveries ive seen on this forum Jolien. Very informative diary as well.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Jolien

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2019, 04:36:28 PM »

Im honestly very impressed with Dr. Giotikas.
hoping to see many more great diaries on him on this forum.

You had one of the best recoveries ive seen on this forum Jolien. Very informative diary as well.

Thank you!

Kind regards

Jolien

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2019, 10:42:07 PM »

You're walk is already very good.
Dr Giotikas looks to be a major player in this field in the near future.

sylar94

« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »

I feel like Jolien deserves more credit for the fast recovery than Giotikas
It is the most organized diary and Jolien was very focused on PT

Jolien

« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2019, 10:15:50 AM »

I feel like Jolien deserves more credit for the fast recovery than Giotikas
It is the most organized diary and Jolien was very focused on PT

This is a very interesting topic actually. And I certainly dont wanne take credits away from Dr. Giotikas, but I think the recovery speed dependens on the flexibility you are born with (I was very flexible) and the amount of time you stretch and do excercices which also depends on the coaching you get (where Dr. Giotikas was certainly part of). I lived in so much fear because I lied to all my friends and family about this so I couldnt afford anything going wrong and I really didnt want to go back home disabled. So I just pushed through because I was terrified as f*ck hahah.

I think the more dedication you have the better results you will get; you are gonna take more care of your pinsites, you are gonna workout more consistently, you are gonna push through the pain more and focus on the progress instead of the pain and exhaustement. Because after all, the surgeon only puts your nail and/or frame on, all the rest is up to you.

Kind regards

Jolien 

Activatedx

« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2019, 05:47:57 PM »

This is a very interesting topic actually. And I certainly dont wanne take credits away from Dr. Giotikas, but I think the recovery speed dependens on the flexibility you are born with (I was very flexible) and the amount of time you stretch and do excercices which also depends on the coaching you get (where Dr. Giotikas was certainly part of). I lived in so much fear because I lied to all my friends and family about this so I couldnt afford anything going wrong and I really didnt want to go back home disabled. So I just pushed through because I was terrified as f*ck hahah.

I think the more dedication you have the better results you will get; you are gonna take more care of your pinsites, you are gonna workout more consistently, you are gonna push through the pain more and focus on the progress instead of the pain and exhaustement. Because after all, the surgeon only puts your nail and/or frame on, all the rest is up to you.

Kind regards

Jolien

You mentioned you spent 6k on complications, may I ask what complications?

Also that’s a lot on scar revision, I’m not a hairy person except for my legs so good thing for me that will definitely cover up the scars lol

Jolien

« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2019, 08:18:28 PM »

You mentioned you spent 6k on complications, may I ask what complications?

Also that’s a lot on scar revision, I’m not a hairy person except for my legs so good thing for me that will definitely cover up the scars lol

No I saved 6K for potential complications. I didnt spend anything in real life.

Kind regards

sylar94

« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »

Also Jolien looks very skinny; maybe this helps with recovery

Jolien, did you do blood tests for Vitamin D before surgery? Did you take any supplements to speed up recovery?

Jolien

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »

Also Jolien looks very skinny; maybe this helps with recovery

Jolien, did you do blood tests for Vitamin D before surgery? Did you take any supplements to speed up recovery?

I actually recommend to be keep a little more reserve. Because I was so skinny I had to push even more to get all my excercises and walking done every day. Also if something would happen like a pneumonia or an osteomyelitis I would have been in severe trouble. So I think in contrary, it is better to be a little more fatty.

They test your blood before surgery and if you have a deficiency you get supplements. For me it was Iron. I'm now taking calcium still.

Kind regards

Jolien

Jolien

« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2019, 07:27:58 PM »

I put my google doc only again. My apologies for this. I will post a video of my excersices I'm doing now and I uploaded my x-rays of yesterday.

Kind regards!

Jolien

Jolien

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »

I put my google doc only again. My apologies for this. I will post a video of my excersices I'm doing now and I uploaded my x-rays of yesterday.

Kind regards!

Jolien

Jolien

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »

I also go to a very known and experienced orthopedic surgeon of my country and he said I can just walk without crutches and he even said I could start jogging in 2 monts already!! (not that I am gonna do that tho)

Kenda

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2019, 11:55:42 AM »

I also go to a very known and experienced orthopedic surgeon of my country and he said I can just walk without crutches and he even said I could start jogging in 2 monts already!! (not that I am gonna do that tho)

Hi Jolien, sorry i forgot how much did u lengthen? And u used LATN right?

Also, can you please say the difference between the regular Illizarov metallic silver frame and the Black tsf frame, like are the nails cutting through skin cleaner?
Is lengthening easier with it?
Less pain?

Because it seems that TsF is more bulky...

Activatedx

« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »

Also, can you please say the difference between the regular Illizarov metallic silver frame and the Black tsf frame, like are the nails cutting through skin cleaner?
Less pain?

Tsf is to correct deformity so is better if you have curvature in your bones or complications that cause deformity

Jolien

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »

Less pain?

Hi!

For what I have seen the Ilizarov frame has more pinsites, but they are all small. They are as small as my small pin sites (see google doc). I have in total 8 pinsites per leg, 3 of them are bigger. I think the Ilizarov has around 15 pinsites per leg. (not sure).

They have the same dimensions for what I have seen. Both frames diameters will be adjusted to your leg diameter. So the bigger your leg the bigger your frame.

You can also do a rotation with TSF which is not possible with Ilizarov.

So far for what I have seen and red is the LON less painfull to walk than a frame only. But this is only my experience.

Kind regards

Jolien

Kenda

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2019, 08:52:49 PM »

Omg, i just saw Thesus Rehab center and its a whole building!
I thought its like a small room in a hospital but can you please tell us more about this center?
First of all did Dr G tell u that this is the PT center or did he give u choices and you pick?

Or is Pt not even included in package and we search for it on our own ?
& what didnt u like about it?

Jolien

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »

Omg, i just saw Thesus Rehab center and its a whole building!
I thought its like a small room in a hospital but can you please tell us more about this center?
First of all did Dr G tell u that this is the PT center or did he give u choices and you pick?

Or is Pt not even included in package and we search for it on our own ?
& what didnt u like about it?

It was in the package, but if you tell him I wanne do PT somewhere else he is gonna give you your PT money back.
I felt I could have done way much more in the guided PT I received. They are all very young and quit unexperienced, so yes it would be a miracle if they had a lot of leg-lengthening experience. And like I said earlier, I think it all depends on you, you cannot ask a physiotherapist to do physiotherapy 3 hours a day. A lot of excercises you figure out during your recovery that work for you and help you, you can do by yourself.

Kind regards

Jolien

« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »

I just posted a video of today! my walking and doing all kinds of tricks hahah

Kind regards

Rei

« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »

Looking great

Jolien

« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »

I posted very detailedly my workout routine I'm doing now for more than a month already in my google doc.

Kind regards

Kenda

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »

It was in the package, but if you tell him I wanne do PT somewhere else he is gonna give you your PT money back.
I felt I could have done way much more in the guided PT I received. They are all very young and quit unexperienced, so yes it would be a miracle if they had a lot of leg-lengthening experience. And like I said earlier, I think it all depends on you, you cannot ask a physiotherapist to do physiotherapy 3 hours a day. A lot of excercises you figure out during your recovery that work for you and help you, you can do by yourself.

Kind regards

So if this Thesus center isnt the best in athens and to be honest i dont want some young amaetured training my broken legs so How much is The PT refunded Amount and do you know famous better physiotherapist in athens ?
Plus if they are all young and inexperienced why did dr giotikas pick this center!!!! Doesnt he know ?

Jolien

« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »

So if this Thesus center isnt the best in athens and to be honest i dont want some young amaetured training my broken legs so How much is The PT refunded Amount and do you know famous better physiotherapist in athens ?
Plus if they are all young and inexperienced why did dr giotikas pick this center!!!! Doesnt he know ?

It is very close to the Mediterraneo hospital so I think for practical reasons. I have found a couple who are both physiotherapists and reallly good! If you are really going to Greece I will ask them if they are oke if I give you their contact information. For me this reaaaally made the difference.

The price I dont know exactly I think it is around 800 euros. Dont shoot me if this is not entirely correct. Just an estimation.

Kind regards

Jolien
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up