Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is torso lengthening was to be achieved, how would it be done?  (Read 812 times)

StrangeDays67

I can't do CLL because my inseam (32) is already very long for my height (172 cm). Torso lengthening would be the only viable alternative, but I can't even think of a way to do it. We know that NASA astronauts can grow up to 2 inches in space, so this is probably the limit for it. How would you lengthen the spine in a permanent way? Injections into the disks to increase collagen will make you taller, this has been done with seniors who have lost material in their disks, however the spine might not be able to handle that much collagen in the disk under gravity. You would probably have to go back for more injections as this might not be permanent. Another more permanent method would be to graft bone discs in between the vertebrae columns and the collagen, this is done in spinal fusion surgery. If done across all the disks you could expect a 2 inch increase in height. However it would be a nightmare to do that operation as its nearly logistically impossible, as there are 24 non fused columns, which means that you would have to insert these disks 40 something times into the spine. I would expect a rotating team of (non ethical) surgeons to do this. This is just a thought experiment so if you think I sound crazy I'm not, I'm just thinking here. Finally, you could perhaps insert a rod that would push up the spine in a way to stretch it out a few inches, which is done in scoliosis patients. All of these theories are just pie in the sky dreams for me, but maybe there's a simpler way to achieve increase permanent spine length that I haven't thought about,

wannagrowtaller

Re: Is torso lengthening was to be achieved, how would it be done?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 02:52:28 PM »

Too risk. Bone marrow too sensitive.
Go for it

myloginacc

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »

You're not really crazy. It's always good to see people willing to think outside of the box.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20090093852

The patent has been dropped. I guess it's anyone's guess whether this would have worked for increase, and not just axial stability:

• Other important considerations in the procedure are the state of the patient's spine at the time of the procedure. For example, if the procedure is performed in the morning, as opposed to latter in the day, the patient may end up with a different height, as disc height is greatest in the morning after a night of sleep due to increased fluid intake, and decreases with axial loading throughout the day. As such, in some embodiments at least the disc treatment portions of the procedure may be performed in the morning shortly after awakening to facilitate increased height of disc fill, for example. This aspect is further refined by the addition of pre-procedure muscle relaxation with intravenous or intramuscular injection of approved pharmaceuticals, e.g., robaxin, skelaxin, soma, etc. In other embodiments, use of paralyzing agents with general anesthesia may be used for more rigid or stiff patients. Use of SSEP (Somatosensory evoked potential) monitoring may be employed to protect the patient against over distraction or correction, elongation or shortening of the spine resulting in spinal cord injury or other nerve injury.
  • To this end, traction, bracing, suspension, inversion tables, therapy, muscle relaxants, chiropractic adjustments, etc. may be used to advantageously place the spine in the desired position prior to the procedure, at Block 112. Moreover, medication such as ligament relaxors (e.g., relaxin) may also be used to achieve natural elongation of the spine before the procedures, and after as well, to achieve the desired axial height increase/stability.
  • Various combinations of traction, stretching, operating room or office machines, tables, and other equipment may be used. In some embodiments it may be beneficial for patients to have manipulation manually of the spine before procedures to increase height of the disc, hydrate the disc, as well as enzymatically or surgically remove parts of a damaged disc or other anatomical components (e.g., bone) in preparation for the procedure.
  • In addition to such “lengthening procedures,” other areas that may be treated prior to the insertion of stabilizing materials/structure may include facet joints, facet capsule, ligamentum flavum, lamina, transverse process, spinous process, intraspinous and supraspinous ligaments, paravertebral muscle, facia, periosteum, etc. Examples of materials that may be used for the procedure include, for example, PMMA, chymopapain, prostheses, chemical and/or biological materials, energy sources, magnets, etc.

Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 04:22:02 AM »

Dude that sounds too scary on the web,let alone conducting it in reality.
In fact,you can stimulate your spine by bending over backwards and pushing your waist forwards to put force onto it,yeah like a bow ;D
It can possibly guarantee you 4cm growth,but on the premise that your only 18-25

StrangeDays67

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 04:03:44 PM »

Have you done this, then? How long do I need to stretch for?

StrangeDays67

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 04:06:18 PM »

Great find. I had considered adding in plates between the disks to increase height, but that method would work as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up