Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CLL Veterans - How did your body/legs feel as you proceed over 6cm+ ?  (Read 996 times)

InFullStryde

CLL Veterans - How did your body/legs feel as you proceeded over 6cm+ ? 

I am looking for benchmarks to measure myself and my experience against. I am currently at 6.3cm and hope to reach 6.9cm.

Thank you,

IFS

P.S. Sorry this is in the wrong category.  Admin, please place it into discussion.  My fault.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

California2

Re: CLL Veterans - How did your body/legs feel as you proceed over 6cm+ ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 07:50:29 PM »

It seems you have been doing well.  Nonetheless, please listen to your body and your MD.

One turn of the screw could lead to big problems.

After 6 cm, I was careful to listen to my body.  I slowed down to .75 mm per day as a goal.  Even then, if my calf or my ankle felt tight or painful, I did not do the next distraction until everything felt settled down.

Even then again, as soon as I completed a distraction session, I laid down for 15 minutes to wait for the spasms to pass.

6 cm is an acceptable lengthening amount; that is, you can stop and still feel good about what you did.  Of course, 6.9 is better; maybe 8 cm is best?  I humbly suggest you take your time and listen to your body to see if you can get there; but, be satisfied by whatever you get.  For me, after 6 cm, things were quarter millimeter by quarter millimeter.

Best of luck.

InFullStryde

Re: CLL Veterans - How did your body/legs feel as you proceed over 6cm+ ?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »

It seems you have been doing well.  Nonetheless, please listen to your body and your MD.

One turn of the screw could lead to big problems.

After 6 cm, I was careful to listen to my body.  I slowed down to .75 mm per day as a goal.  Even then, if my calf or my ankle felt tight or painful, I did not do the next distraction until everything felt settled down.

Even then again, as soon as I completed a distraction session, I laid down for 15 minutes to wait for the spasms to pass.

6 cm is an acceptable lengthening amount; that is, you can stop and still feel good about what you did.  Of course, 6.9 is better; maybe 8 cm is best?  I humbly suggest you take your time and listen to your body to see if you can get there; but, be satisfied by whatever you get.  For me, after 6 cm, things were quarter millimeter by quarter millimeter.

Best of luck.

Thank you, California. Excellent advise.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671
Pages: [1]   Go Up