Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Natural limb lengthening  (Read 3911 times)

Ronin

• Visitor
Natural limb lengthening
« on: March 31, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »

Does anyone know about it or have any experience with it?
I found https://growtallerwithshinlengthening.com/legstretching.html
I've actually done these a lot over the previous summer, building endurance:
1. Sprinting, Jogging and Walking
3. Swimming
4. Cycling
Talks about stationary bikes, but actual cycling should do.
Can be easily done:
5. Jumping and Skipping Rope
The latter seems optional.
That leaves:
2. Kicking
I'd like to learn and practice kicks but I don't know where to start and how long it would take to acquire leg mobility.
6. Inversion Table/Hanging
Doesn't look too appealing, I don't know if I can find one to buy and in any case I don't have space for it. He mentions "If you don’t have an inversion table you can substitute it by fastening your ankles on a hanging strap and then hang upside down." Yeah, I'm definitely not doing that.
7. Using Ankle Weights
I like the idea, but they might feel awkward and looking at https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/8185ZEvXt5L._SX679_.jpg it would be embarrassing to be seen wearing them.

Sorry if I'm going off-topic, but I have a curved spine from bad posture, which I learned to avoid, and I'm wondering if there's a way to remedy it.

Astronomy

Re: Natural limb lengthening
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:41:06 AM »

It's nonsense.If it were true then those who are going for LL are simply pure idiots.
Please keep in mind Once the growth ceases the only way to grow is surgery.

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 09:14:34 AM »

Well, I know it would take a miracle for gains achievable by surgery, but if I could grow even 1cm or 2cm through means that would be otherwise beneficial for health, strength, mobility, etc. I would go for it. Perhaps natural lengthening wasn't studied because it only results in small gains that aren't very noticeable. I'm 1,70, right at the "borderline".

BeYourBest

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »

Well, I know it would take a miracle for gains achievable by surgery, but if I could grow even 1cm or 2cm through means that would be otherwise beneficial for health, strength, mobility, etc. I would go for it. Perhaps natural lengthening wasn't studied because it only results in small gains that aren't very noticeable. I'm 1,70, right at the "borderline".

Supposedly you can gain a cm or so through some of what you have posted but the growth is not permanent and to maintain it you have to probably exercises quite frequently. 

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 04:34:04 PM »

Supposedly you can gain a cm or so through some of what you have posted but the growth is not permanent and to maintain it you have to probably exercises quite frequently.

This guy talks about micro-fractures in the bones which would lead to growth in the healing process, so it would be permanent assuming it's true.
I found https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2240087/Impossible-No-But-definitely-bit-stretch-How-5ft-2in-writer-gained-inches-height.html just now, there's talk about micro-fractures there too. Thing is the writer apparently grew from 5ft 2in to 5ft 4in without much time and effort invested while the trainer and inventor of the program grew from 5ft 7in to 5ft 9in, just the same, even lower percentage-wise. So it would seem that would be the limit.

Astronomy

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 08:10:08 AM »

This guy talks about micro-fractures in the bones which would lead to growth in the healing process, so it would be permanent assuming it's true.
I found https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2240087/Impossible-No-But-definitely-bit-stretch-How-5ft-2in-writer-gained-inches-height.html just now, there's talk about micro-fractures there too. Thing is the writer apparently grew from 5ft 2in to 5ft 4in without much time and effort invested while the trainer and inventor of the program grew from 5ft 7in to 5ft 9in, just the same, even lower percentage-wise. So it would seem that would be the limit.
Do you know about LSJL?I think thats far more believable than so-called "micro-fracture".

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »

Do you know about LSJL?I think thats far more believable than so-called "micro-fracture".

No. I found this guide: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3367971&d=1305925489 Judging by the photos on the linked blog it doesn't seem like such a good idea.

BeYourBest

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 06:29:29 PM »

I am no doctors but I don’t think micro-fractures will help with bone growth as the fractures will just be around the sides of the bones. Which will just be repaired with time

short

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 06:39:16 PM »

I have only heard that micro-fractures could strenghten the bone over time.

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 05:39:43 AM »

I suppose that's where ankle weights and hanging upside down from your ankles come in. I'm definitely not doing the hanging part.

GrowTow

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 12:18:12 PM »

Bro accept the fact that no exercise or training that you do will make you increase your height by more than 2cm.

If you're a teenager then fair enough, exercising will help improve your genetic potential but only by a couple inches. You're only ever going to be 1-3 inches taller than your dad.

The only people i've met that have out grown their dad by more than 4-5 inches are people who's parents came from a poor country and didn't have good nutrition so when the child grows up in a richer country he becomes much taller than his father
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »

Sad thing is that my father is like 3 inches taller than me, he said he had a remarkable growth spurt at 18 and since I stopped growing early I had hopes but I'm past that. Still, even 2cm would be good.

myloginacc

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »

2cm is easily achievable without LL.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

short

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 04:44:15 PM »

Indeed, just let your hair grow and use styling gel. xD

California2

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 04:50:05 PM »

It is well-settled that weight-bearing activity will increase bone mass and density at any age of life; AND, weight-bearing is often necessary to stimulate hard bone growth.

The above is why orthopedists face the dilemma of encouraging weight-bearing activity but not so much weight or activity as to put your orthopedic device (nail or frames) at risk.

Studies show that, for example, a professional tennis player's racquet arm contains significantly more bone than the opposite arm.  Likewise, professional sprinters grow larger leg bones.  However, professional swimmers have regular bones due to the absence of weight-bearing or bone-jarring activity.

Understanding the above concepts, it remains difficult for me to imagine that one could increase his or her height in a meaningful way by doing jump squats.  Certainly, jump squats should lead to larger, denser bones but NOT likely to the extent that they make a significant difference in height.

While I have NOT reviewed any studies on height difference due to weight-bearing, it seems to me (as someone wrote above) that 1-2 cm would be about the max.  It will be interesting if someone identifies a valid on-point study.

Astronomy

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »

2cm is easily achievable without LL.
Really?How?I hope It isn't my hair's job......

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 05:37:45 AM »

What do you think about ankle weights, could they help the bones grow in length rather than thickness coupled with the rest? I'd like to improvise my own, something both heavy and discreet, to wear with loose track pants.

cheekycabs

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »

What do you think about ankle weights, could they help the bones grow in length rather than thickness coupled with the rest? I'd like to improvise my own, something both heavy and discreet, to wear with loose track pants.

If it actually worked and had a significant increase of height, let's be honest... Do you think you're just discovering it now? Would you not be seeing full facilities of short people hanging on pullup bars with stupid weights strapped to their legs? I'm not sure what you're getting at with this thread. There is really no legitimate "alternative" natural limb lengthening to discover here.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 01:25:37 PM »

That may have no effect by itself, only alongside running, cycling and swimming. And it doesn't have to be significant.

BeYourBest

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 04:35:26 PM »

CLL is the only way to get significantly taller. No exercises will do the trick. Like I said, perhaps a cm (or two) at most. And even that will have to be maintained.

Canon

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »

Maybe hgh can help and your spine grows.

myloginacc

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »

Sorry if I'm going off-topic, but I have a curved spine from bad posture, which I learned to avoid, and I'm wondering if there's a way to remedy it.

If your spine is actually curved due to a condition (scoliosis, hyperlordosis, hyperkyphosis), then you can possibly gain a lot of height from correcting it.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

AspiringGigachad

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2019, 08:47:56 AM »

I don't know if the micro-fractures thing is true in general or not, but I'm certain that article is BS.  They couldn't even get the conversion between US and metric measurements right.  If you check the cm measurements listed in the article, the author went from 5'3" to 5'5", not 5'2" to 5'4" like it says.

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »

If your spine is actually curved due to a condition (scoliosis, hyperlordosis, hyperkyphosis), then you can possibly gain a lot of height from correcting it.

I'd like to remedy it by myself through exercises if possible, I've seen some on youtube but not sure what actually works.

I don't know if the micro-fractures thing is true in general or not, but I'm certain that article is BS.  They couldn't even get the conversion between US and metric measurements right.  If you check the cm measurements listed in the article, the author went from 5'3" to 5'5", not 5'2" to 5'4" like it says.

I do find it kinda hard to believe, if it was that easy to grow that much it should be a lot more widespread, but still maybe there's some truth to it.

There's another thing, apparently riding the bike with the seat raised as much as possible can lead to leg lengthening:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=11541.0

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 09:07:38 AM »

Got a renewed interest, been searching and found this thing.
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-way-to-re-open-our-growth-plates-after-adulthood-to-enable-height-growth
"I have been researching about fused bones since past few years.

I've never tried but have come up with this strategy. Please try this on your own risk.

For this method you need to wear 1kg ankle weights in both legs for whole day and during any time of the day you should perform sprints. Run straight 30 yards, take rest for 30 seconds and run back from where you started. Repeat this for 3–4 times. Later take rest for 2 day and repeat this method again for a month or two. Gradually increase weight after 10–15 days.

What this will do is create some micro fracture in your leg joints and these micro fracture will get repaired with naturally releasing HGH (Human Growth Hormone) in your body, giving you few more centimetres in your legs.

For natural HGH release make sure that:

You take enough deep sleep of at least 7–8 hours.
    Stay hydrated by drinking 3–4 litres of water everyday.
    Have a healthy high protein diet. Stay away from unhealthy foods.
    Do few stretching and own body weight exercises.
    Try to stay stress free.
    Keep pressing your thumbs and toes as it will trigger the pituitary gland to release HGH.

The another method I've come up with is hanging upside down with weights.

As you know that astronauts grow 1–2 inches in space due to no gravity which causes their backbone to get decompressed.

This method will not reopen your growth plates but can help you to gain couple of inches.

Frist learn to hang upside down for 1–2 minutes. When you master hanging upside down take light weight in your hands and practice hanging with it. This will help you to decompress your spine giving you a couple of inches.

However, this gain will not be permanent , when you stop performing this exercise for few days you might get back to normal. So try to perform this exercise regularly for a year and let the HGH release in your body to make this permanent.

Pro tip: Visualise yourself everyday for 20–30mins as you're already as tall as you've desired to be. Close your eyes and imagine the tall you waking around and talking with your tallest friends looking straight into their eyes. Doing this will make your subconscious mind to give you the desired result even faster."

Regarding that actual question, do you think it's possible for growth plates to be surgically reopened (and reclosed once enough height is gained)?
Also do you have any experience with finger lengthening? I found various exercises. Regarding arm lengthening I think shadow boxing would be good.

Maybe hgh can help and your spine grows.

Apparently that would lead to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromegaly
"Acromegaly is a disorder that results from excess growth hormone (GH) after the growth plates have closed.[3] The initial symptom is typically enlargement of the hands and feet.[3] There may also be enlargement of the forehead, jaw, and nose.[3] Other symptoms may include joint pain, thicker skin, deepening of the voice, headaches, and problems with vision.[3] Complications of the disease may include type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, and high blood pressure.[3]"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:49:50 AM by Ronin »

Canon

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 02:36:27 PM »

It's not possible! Ll is the only way

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 06:37:38 PM »

Of course, I know it's not currently possible, meant if some day it may become available.

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 09:46:04 PM »

Speaking of things that may one day become possible, I don't quite understand these pituitary gland tumors, could they be the answer to the height problem? I mean what if our children could have something like that induced under surgery? I know, brain surgery is a very radical option but the results would be radical as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Valuev
"Although his own parents are short—both 1.67 m (5.5 ft) tall—his Tatar great-grandfather has been described as "of mountainous proportions" and "a warrior giant of Russian folklore." His own size and appearance are due to gigantism complicated by acromegaly."

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/06/23/nikolai-valuev-brain-tumor-fears/
"It’s genetics. Nobody can be insured. I had a small tumor of the pituitary gland. The operation had to be done twice," Valuev explained to interviewer Sofiko Shevardnadze.

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 01:32:17 AM »

Found this: https://www.slideshare.net/Soodritu/growing-taller-secrets-8492789
Searching on slideshare reveals more documents on the topic.
Might be on scribd too, that requires https://docdownloader.com

Ronin

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 05:46:53 PM »

for arm lengthening one-handed pull-ups holding the forearm with the other hand for support might help, tried my first today

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2020, 06:33:36 PM »

for arm lengthening one-handed pull-ups holding the forearm with the other hand for support might help, tried my first today

I (and most people here) don't need arm lenghtening. I have already long arms/torso for my height, that's why want to get taller and get longer legs.

Also, higher leg length/height ratio is considered attractive on men (and women obviously).

I agree with you that searching for CLL alternatives is pretty reasonable. Height is the new ultimate must have thing to be considered attractive, especially on men, and we're already at the 3rd decade of the 21st century.
Looking for an alternative.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up