Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible? need opinions  (Read 1825 times)

zack

• Visitor
Is it possible? need opinions
« on: July 03, 2015, 11:50:55 PM »

Is it possible to tell your doctor to register you for surgery as a corrective limb lengthening rather then cosmetic limb lengthening? As this will resolve many issues for those who are concern about the privacy as well as if someone asks them that they appear taller and you just show them the documents that you were correcting your bow legs?

Would love to hear from you guys.
best Regards

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Is it possible? need opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:09:36 AM »

You could ask your doctor but he might refuse. For example, I asked mine if he could write that I was doing surgery for correction and he denied the request because if a government agency asked to see x-rays confirming I was there for correction, then they'd see my x-rays and know that wasn't true, and he couldn't just use another patient's x-rays and say they were mine.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

zack

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 12:19:51 AM »

Yeah, thats true but I was reading 1 diary from a patient who did 4cm in russia with dr bagirov and while the patient was returning home with frames on airport they just gave them the certificate of corrective surgery! thats why this question came into my mind. I am sure some doctors will definitely do this what do you think.

maximize

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »

Honestly, if there was no legitimate argument to be made for correction, and a surgeon was still willing to write it up for insurance as "corrective", that is a surgeon I would not want to work with. It shows a flexibility in morality and ethics that could be dangerous in a surgeon.

zack

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:47:29 AM »

This is a good point you said! Actually we made this leg lengthening too difficult for us. now I just want to get it done as soon as possible I won't think and worry about what people say I will just go with it. its better to be ridiculed by people for breaking perfect functional legs rather then being depressed, unhappy, sad and anti-social for your whole life.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:46:10 AM »

When I was finished in China I got a letter that said I was there for "bone exstrophy correction".

maximize

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 04:44:09 AM »

its better to be ridiculed by people for breaking perfect functional legs rather then being depressed, unhappy, sad and anti-social for your whole life.

I don't think there's any reason to be ridiculed for it. I'm not going to hide that I've done it or my reasons from anyone. If they don't like it that's their problem. From what I've seen, most people are given a hard time BEFORE they have the leg lengthening. That's primarily due to skepticism that it will work or not ruin your legs or matter. After it's done and successful, most people seem to think it's pretty brave, amazing, impressive, etc.

That's what I've read from people who have been through it and been open about it anyway.

zack

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:13:28 PM »

Hi, guys I have emailed Dr salameh and dr Mitkovic, and Recieved email from dr salameh he said to me its a not a big deal we can register you as a corrective leg lengthening patient rather then cosmetic leg legthening patient. so what do you guys think.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 03:53:57 AM »

Hi, guys I have emailed Dr salameh and dr Mitkovic, and Recieved email from dr salameh he said to me its a not a big deal we can register you as a corrective leg lengthening patient rather then cosmetic leg legthening patient. so what do you guys think.

I don't think it reflects badly on a surgeon if they're willing to call you a corrective patient.  It's dishonest, but it's being done to make things better for the patient.  Not everyone is very understanding of LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up