I am about 9cm below the male average
- 6 (20.7%)
I am about 11cm below the male average
- 5 (17.2%)
I am about 13cm below the male average
- 4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How short are you?  (Read 7798 times)

microman

How short are you?
« on: May 14, 2015, 11:35:01 AM »

okay how short is everyone here, this is either pre-LL or even if you're not planning on LL.

I am 164, male average in UK is 175, therefore I am 11cm below the male average.

also this poll is only for short people, so sadly people that are 172cm can't vote, I mean, if you're doing this surgery and you aren't short all the best for you but I'd prefer to keep this poll for short people.

some information on male average by country
UK 175
USA 176
india 165

overall i've tried to keep this poll in with the most common heights selectable, but
I realise the poll doesn't go beyond 13cm below the male average, I know there was a poster on the old forum that was 17cm below the male average called jungle, So i don't mean to offend anyone if you can't vote as your too short.

Alittletooshort

Re: How short are you?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »

Perhaps you should add 'less than 5cm's below the average'. Some of us here are only slightly below the average or already average height.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »

No way indian male's average height being 165cm.i know it shows on internet that way, but this generation's kids are way taller. Me being168-9 in the night and 171 in the morning get called short so many times. I think its time to update indian average height
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

Alittletooshort

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »

It's the same for the UK, the male average of the younger generation is probably around 180.

microman

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 01:18:00 PM »

Yemef you're incorrect, Facts are facts, its not what 'the internet' says, its the scientific surveys that say that, which are then posted on the internet.

if anything they may be 1 or 2cm taller, but they won't be 'way' taller, no survey is ever significantly wrong.

Also, you wont be 2-3cm taller in the morning than you are at night, you could maybe be 0.2cm taller in the morning, this was mentioned on the old forum.

and no you can't 'update' any scientific survey on what you think is the correct height, given that it's based on science, not one mans thought on what he thinks the answer is.

even if you were 168, and the average indian height was wrong by 3cm, you wouldn't even be short, you'd be the male average, even if you were focusing no a younger generation only, that would only change the amount by about 2cm, no one generation has ever grown that much more.

Alittletooshort these is no survey that has even said that, only 175 or 177 i have read.

can we please stick to scientific surveys please.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 01:48:42 PM »

The difference between morning and evening height is bigger than 0,2 cm's.
Someone here posted a link about young danish males which had an average height over 180, the differences between the countries aren't that big so you could expect the young british males to be at around that height.
The irish average was 179cm for 20-24 you according to wikipedia and 178 in Scotland.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »

Microman dont talk  . Get it?? Im living in my country not u so shut the * up and speaking it is a survey not a scientific study dumb id* and next thing thats the survery from 2002 or 2004 and its just a survey not a scientific study, so errors are common. Secondly the average height of this generation is easily 178cm, i live here so i know it, even so many classmates(females) are taller than me smh including my gf. Dont speak   and now dont even argue with me coz u are dumb. If u want ur  ty evidence then come to india urself and then see for yourself, dont speak   infront of me

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:14:06 PM »

If at 170 on an average in a day i wasn't considered short i wouldn't be here, so stfu.

thetallerman

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »

If at 170 on an average in a day i wasn't considered short i wouldn't be here, so stfu.

It's very clear that you in your mind feel short compared to the people around you, but don't you think you're reply is rather harsh? He disagreed with you, he didn't call you names, I think a gentler response would go a lot further, my two cents.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »

Just from my experience in India, I felt average height at 165 cm. The wikipedia stats seem largely accurate and I can't imagine anyone being called short there at 170 cm.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

thetallerman

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »

I am about 171 or so in the morning and a flat 170 at night, so I lose about a cm throughout the day, but it's no big deal as everyone experiences a height loss at well throughout the day. I've moved now to Austin, tx and I'd say average white guy is about 177 -179, I know this having experimented with lifts and looking in mirrors and windows while standing in large crowds on 6th street (downtown area of Austin).

So I believe I'm about 7-9 cm shorter than an avg white guy here and about 6-7 cms shorter than the avg guy (all races considered).

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »

Nope dont feel short infact ive so many  times dropped my plans of undergoing this surgery coz i felt average at many occassions and even my maturity towards life made me tthink success and happiness in life is the most important. See carefully i said younger generation and also im pretty sure about it if any one has doubts get to any collegess in india and then speak and also i dont even have height neurosis at all i just wanna be perfect all around so height would add fruit to that requirement and who doesnt want extra height when it can be not so difficult to be obtained from internals. Coz i would never do externals coz of the span and risks because this is a short life and im not gonna waste 1-2 years in my life coz im certain ill be doing this surgery after my marriage. Also ive seen on internet that average youth height in india these days is 5'9

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »

Also i do thinnk i was harsh and im sorry for that but microman was like its impossible but how can he say that for certain because i live in this country and know it better. Ofcourse i may be average among older people(though i aint maybe because my family members are tall)

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »

Average Indian woman height is like 153 cm. Women are very short here, maybe few tall women but they really stand out and a guy is considered lucky if he gets with a tall woman.

Height of average Indian man I would say is 167 cm. 175 cm or above is like movie star status here.
I've got to do what I've got to do.

thetallerman

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »

Also i do thinnk i was harsh and im sorry for that but microman was like its impossible but how can he say that for certain because i live in this country and know it better. Ofcourse i may be average among big people(though i aint maybe because my family members are tall)

It's also possible that heights vary considerably by region. Although most will agree 5'9 to 5'10 is the average American height, in south Texas dominated by Mexican Americans the average is more like 5'6-5'7. In the Midwest there are some reallyyy tall people and all the pictures of my brother, who is 5'9.5 were of him being towered by what seemed like every guy. In New York Italians are shorter than your avg white guy. The same could be true in India based on nutrition, historical tallness for a region and so on, but it doesn't change the possibility that overall if you combined the whole population that the average may be closer to 167, I'm curious if that's the average for 20-29 or 20+ hmm.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »

Average Indian woman height is like 153 cm. Women are very short here, maybe few tall women but they really stand out and a guy is considered lucky if he gets with a tall woman.

Height of average Indian man I would say is 167 cm. 175 cm or above is like movie star status here.
movie stars?? So many movie stars are short here. I do agree 170 maybe average if u sum up whole country but my generation people are for sure tall mahn and girls at 153 is still good though.

microman

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »

everyone is saying 165cm in average in india, if you say your 168 at the lowest height, and people call you short or you feel short you need to see a head doctor, because you are at least average height.

FACT

also its not a 'survey', they didn't go round asking a select group of old people how tall they were, then posted their finding on wikipedia.

The scientific survey is here
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21560461

Data from anthropometric measurements were available for 69,245 men and 118,796 women in the age group from 20 to 49 years. The average heights of adult men and women were 165 and 152 cm.

so, yeah, your above average in height, and that is a fact.

Also ive seen on internet that average youth height in india these days is 5'9

wow, care to back any of that up, I guess that scientific study is totally wrong then since they were primarily young people.

Well, I guess Indians are now as tall as UK/US citizens, this is news to us all!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:00:40 PM by microman »

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 07:02:15 PM »

Are you in your righteous mind?? I said youth and the given age is average. Next thing is 65k men is nothing comparred to ~65 million males that live in india. As l said dont speak rubbish infront of me and if u want come to india ill happily let you stay in my home and well both go around india and then you can see for yourself about average male youth height
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:27:05 PM by Yemef »

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 07:05:59 PM »

I didnt say i was short even in one of my main post ive even said i feel average sometimes but im sure average youth's male height(atleast  where i live)is way above 165 way way above and if ur so dizzy pm me ill send u sccreenshots where ive been called short and also im certain my average height on a good day is ~170

microman

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 07:32:49 PM »

what about KiloKAHN, he himself said he felt average at 165cm, is he speaking rubbish as well?

what about all the fact that every other study done says the indian male average height around 165, and everyone else on the forum that also agrees the male average is much closer to 165 and not 175.

also where is this evidence that indian males are 5 9 again, seems you didn't link me that study.

and who called you short again at 168 in india, did you just make that up?

microman

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 07:39:54 PM »

are there really 3 people here who are around 13cm below the male average, I feel really bad about that, lets hope you can get this problem sorted ASAP.

ugh Yemef sorry but no there is not a special city in a country where everyone is 5cm+ taller than the average height of that country, there is not one single case of this, please man, everyone is saying your way off on your height estimations, in a very polite way i might add!

NewHeights

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 11:54:32 PM »

are there really 3 people here who are around 13cm below the male average, I feel really bad about that lets hope you can get this problem sorted ASAP.

ugh Yemef sorry but no there is not a special city in a country where everyone is 5cm+ taller than the average height of that country, there is not one single case of this, please man, everyone is saying your way off on your height estimations, in a very polite way i might add!

Hello sir,

I haven't been on this forum for a while because of other things which have preoccupied my mind, and because I am on a good run regarding overcoming the mental obsession/"true problem", also known as height neurosis.

I am responding to your post because I want to stress for those -13 CM individuals, that their biggest issue is height neurosis, not height. As I see it, there are two battles on the CLL journey.One battle is LL itself, and the other is overcoming the irrational and exaggerated obsession with one's own height. CLL may allow one to win both of these battles, but it is no guarantee. It is especially no guarantee for REALLY short men, because they will always be short, no matter what.

The bigger problem is the mental one, as the members on this forum represent a small subset of short to average height people who would go to extreme lengths to become taller, as they can't mentally handle being short or average. For those -13 CM individuals, I would recommend at least contemplating the idea of attempting to address the mental problem first. meditate, exercise, work on trying to make others happy, and try to enjoy life before you decide to go for the LL procedure. A wise man once said, "you live your whole life in the confines of your head".
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 04:07:40 AM »

Are you mad??? And pathetically ignorant i said pm me and ill send you screenshots where ive been called short by my friends online. Making that up?? R u stupid??? And next thing 65k as i said is nothing compared to 65 million people and ur crapty study and i dont know from when it is.but if we consider it is from 2011 and the age starts from 20,as im 18 now it is 6 to 7 years back.and i said my generation's taller though the alteration might not be much but as your evidence is stupid and i do know this generation's taller i aint gonna argue and im out.and by d way kilokahn's here for what?? Mere months and most of the time in hospital so just his shere observation aint gonna say anything.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 04:10:12 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2117853/Indian-children-walking-tall-An-AIIMS-study-shows-teenagers-2-inches-taller-1992.html. If thats ur scientific study of 65k then even this is scientific study of 45k boys and im not placing any evidence here because i dont wanna argue. Bye bye microman and wish u not to remain micro ur whole life but to develop into a macroman ;).bbye im out and im done.

microman

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »

that study is for children, not fully grown adults.

even if they are 5cm taller than 20 years ago, that study where the average was 165 was done in 2006, not 1992, so it would be more akin to 168 at the most if converted to a 2015 study.

and where is the study that the average height of people is 175/5 9 in india?

you only need to be in a public gathering for 10 minutes to get an idea of the average height,kilokahn has been here for long enough.

everyone is saying the exact opposite to what you claim, not just people, but every online artical, how can everyone, including scientifical studies, be wrong and you are the only one who is right,and obvioulsy very bad mannered and abusive about it.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 07:57:01 PM »

What the hell are u even talking??? 10 minutes in a public gathering?? I've been here my whole life dude.sorry for u being that dumb and by d way just came from a party.have some wine with me wanna give me company:©\
Pages: [1]   Go Up