Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it bad if your wingspan is the same length as your height?  (Read 12672 times)

sadboy

It is better to have a longer wingspan if I am not mistaken. But what if it was the same with your height? Will you have proportionality issues?

NewHeights

Re: Is it bad if your wingspan is the same length as your height?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 12:30:46 AM »

It is better to have a longer wingspan if I am not mistaken. But what if it was the same with your height? Will you have proportionality issues?

I would argue that wingspan is the most limiting factor for proportions, followed by sitting height to height / cycling inseam to height ratio.

-1 inch ape index would not be noticeable, -3 inches would be very noticeable. IMO, the ape index limit should be no more than -1 inch to -2 inches.

Max Holloway who has a -1 inch ape index

Rocky Marciano who had a -3 inch ape index had very short arms, that looked weird compared to his massive legs.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:51:48 AM »

It can be noticeable for comment if you have a significant negative ape index, but beyond comments I don't think it has any effect on things like employment or dating prospects. I think for most people the height would be a much greater benefit than the negative ape index would be detrimental to quality of life. If it ends up killing you mentally later, there's always arm lengthening, which shouldn't be much compared to leg lengthening.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

FutureLengthener

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »

It can be noticeable for comment if you have a significant negative ape index, but beyond comments I don't think it has any effect on things like employment or dating prospects. I think for most people the height would be a much greater benefit than the negative ape index would be detrimental to quality of life. If it ends up killing you mentally later, there's always arm lengthening, which shouldn't be much compared to leg lengthening.

True, but AL has its limits--it wont turn a T Rex into a monkey. Since you can only safely lengthen the humerus, you are limited to like 3cm on each arm (for a 6cm wingspan increase) so that you don't look like a lady with short forearms and long upper arms. But for people hovering in the area between looking slightly freakish and normal, AL can do just the trick.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 10:08:02 AM »

True, but AL has its limits--it wont turn a T Rex into a monkey. Since you can only safely lengthen the humerus, you are limited to like 3cm on each arm (for a 6cm wingspan increase) so that you don't look like a lady with short forearms and long upper arms. But for people hovering in the area between looking slightly freakish and normal, AL can do just the trick.

Does anyone notice a difference in length between humerus and forearm, though? Most of the time the humerus is covered with a short or long sleeve anyway.

FutureLengthener

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 04:20:24 PM »

That's true, they don't, the main part of arm length people might notice sometimes is how far from the ground your hands fall... and I've seen couples where the guy has 20cm on the woman, but when they hold hands their hands are at the same level, it kind of concerns me about what I'd look like after even 10cm of lengthening without AL. Do you know whats the most people can/have done of AL? Apo did only 5cm total I think.

EDIT--I should add I only noticed the thing about tall guys w/ long arms after I started paying attention to everyone's proportions

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »

You can lengthen both your forearms and humerus with externals. So AL isn't a hard limit.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

FutureLengthener

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »

Well I know you CAN lengthen your forearms, its been brought up here a bunch of times, but we always point out how dangerous it is. Or is there a new method to do it safely?

Uppland

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 06:01:12 PM »

I used to be obsessed about arm length but honestly it matters less than you might think. That said, humerus lengthening is supposed to be the easiest bone to lengthen in the body and it will definitely improve proportions. It might be a option for some people, I think it could be for me.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »

I would also add that the Vitruvian Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man) has wingpan being = height. I ended up with an equal height to wingspan after my lengthening and I don't think it looks weird at all.

isma13

• Visitor
Pages: [1]   Go Up