Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think about doctors who make limb lengthening public?  (Read 924 times)

1team

What do you think about doctors who make limb lengthening public?
« on: September 17, 2022, 07:50:08 AM »

It's usually Dr Debiparshad but occasionally Mahoubian comes up. These guys are all on youtube, tik tok and mainstream tv and news articles promoting limb lengthening. What do you think about it?

https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening

Dirona

Re: What do you think about doctors who make limb lengthening public?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 09:12:37 AM »

Thanks for sharing this article..So many tech folks around..I don't feel alone..
Taking it easy

balme

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 10:41:00 AM »

i can understand a doctor wants market his business, but some posts and sharings repels me a lot. doesn't seem trustworthy.

overandover

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 11:30:12 AM »

It's usually Dr Debiparshad but occasionally Mahoubian comes up. These guys are all on youtube, tik tok and mainstream tv and news articles promoting limb lengthening. What do you think about it?

https://www.gq.com/story/leg-lengthening

I've heard he is a bad surgeon that's why he does some much advertising.

informationispower

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 11:37:38 AM »

I also remember that when Paley was interviewed on cyborg4life channel, he said that he is lying about the actual number of patients he actually operated on

Polvorón

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 02:32:35 PM »

I hope that this becomes mainstream, because the prices could be lower (maybe not in USA) and the safety could be better. I don't want a society where science and technology is reserved only for rich people.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

motoboarder

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 03:42:35 PM »

My opinion, I'd take them less serious than the mature names in the field like Paley and Rozbruch. Insta and tiktok are platform mostly for teenagers showing off meaningless videos. I think all doctors in the US are competitive but advertising on such platforms make them look, well, a little irrelevant.
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

VermontGuy762

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 04:41:46 PM »

Man the end of that article is hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Dirona

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 04:44:31 PM »

What makes you think he is a bad doctor?
Taking it easy

motoboarder

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »

What makes you think he is a bad doctor?

I second it. There was a case reported on this forum that this doctor (may have) authorized nail removal for some patient a bit too early, resulting in him snapping his femur just few days or few weeks after removal. When he came back for emergency resolution, the doctor - was on vacation I think - left him frustrated without response for >24h. His inflamed femur looked horrifying..
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

Hatch

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 12:25:15 AM »

" Those weight-bearing nails were recalled after evidence emerged that the steel might corrode, but Dr. D says that a new nail is awaiting FDA approval and should be available in 2023."

Is that so? Why he would lie? Because that might affect to his patients and they might delay the surgery. And that is bad for business.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2022, 05:31:46 AM »

Dr. D, who is five ten [...]
Guess he was wearing lifts when he got interviewed ;)

In all seriousness though, I was a bit horrified when this article showed up on the Firefox start page for me. I came straight here to complain after reading it. It would be nice if these articles didn't show the femur scars in such detail. Mine look way too similar to the examples in the article >:(

Someone finding out what the scars look like and associating it with the ones on my legs is my biggest fear. My scars from removal are fading, but apparently not quickly enough..

They went back to the friend’s apartment, and John found himself in the kitchen, alone with his friend, who is about six feet. “He leaned in to me,” says John. “He says, ‘Look, man, I’ve known you for three years. Never have you been able to look me eye to eye. What’s up?’ ”

John looked him up and down—and started laughing. “To this day, I still haven’t told him,” John says mischievously. “I’ve just been like, Maaan, you’ve gotten shorter.”
This part is hilarious though because it's so true. My old friends were so freakin' confused but in the end I never told anyone and everyone eventually just accepted it and didn't press further. New friends don't have any clue that I was short before, and that's pretty nice too.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Dirona

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2022, 06:19:02 PM »

Guess he was wearing lifts when he got interviewed ;)

In all seriousness though, I was a bit horrified when this article showed up on the Firefox start page for me. I came straight here to complain after reading it. It would be nice if these articles didn't show the femur scars in such detail. Mine look way too similar to the examples in the article >:(

Someone finding out what the scars look like and associating it with the ones on my legs is my biggest fear. My scars from removal are fading, but apparently not quickly enough..
This part is hilarious though because it's so true. My old friends were so freakin' confused but in the end I never told anyone and everyone eventually just accepted it and didn't press further. New friends don't have any clue that I was short before, and that's pretty nice too.

I think Dr D has made some "tall claims" here.. First of all, he is not 5 ft 10. Secondly, I am not sure of the number of tech folks who come to him.
Because he has lied like I mentioned above, I am not sure of his credibility anymore. BTM, what do you think about him based on your experience?
Taking it easy

BelowTheMean

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 05:29:36 AM »

I think Dr D has made some "tall claims" here.. First of all, he is not 5 ft 10. Secondly, I am not sure of the number of tech folks who come to him.
Because he has lied like I mentioned above, I am not sure of his credibility anymore. BTM, what do you think about him based on your experience?

He’s a good surgeon, but from his perspective CLL is just a business and he has to market to get more patients. I guess all of the surgeons are guilty of this.. that’s how they make money.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

4cm

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2022, 08:46:23 AM »

At least he is honest, I think there some surgeons or their team here but they don't reveal their true identities.

Kangaroo

• Visitor
  • Don't make logic fallacies!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2022, 11:55:17 PM »

Just to increase their reputations.
I saved my data on both the domestic two hottest social medias, two hottest social platforms, one social platform for bad girls, one website operating for photos, articles, etc., as well as two studying platforms that I am using in my college, and Google Drive, as well as Wordpress.
Pages: [1]   Go Up