Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russia is just as bad as India for leg lengthening  (Read 11109 times)

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
Russia is just as bad as India for leg lengthening
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

A lot of people like me also warn others never to go to India for leg lengthening. But a lot of people who agree that India is bad never say anything to avoid Russia. Actually I see a lot of people recommend Russia. But I say that Russia is just as bad as India. Maybe hospitals are nicer but the doctors also do not know what they are doing.

Bagirov patients have problems
Barinov patients have problems
People go to Russia-trained doctors and have problems

It is safe to say that if you want leg lengthening, do not do it outside of Europe or USA. Some places in China or Korea might be fine, I don't know. But for sure avoid India AND Russia!
I've got to do what I've got to do.

crimsontide

Re: Russia is just as bad as India for leg lengthening
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:00:17 PM »

russia is better than india... for sure

but of course america, france,etc is better

everone usually recovers... but it will take longer if you go to some of these places

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »

All you do is post about how India is bad. Good to see you found a new hobby.

Do you plan on generalizing anything else? How about "America is fat" for your next banner?

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 07:18:13 PM »

???.
Thats overgeneralization. NOT all Russian doctors are that bad.
There is no point in the risk. And I have not seen a single good case from a Russia doctor yet.

All you do is post about how India is bad. Good to see you found a new hobby.

Do you plan on generalizing anything else? How about "America is fat" for your next banner?

There is no thing wrong with generalizing if the general result is terrible. Will you go swimming in the ocean inside a circle of man eating sharks just because you MIGHT come out okay? Of course you will not, but then again you might not want to offend the poor sharks by making general statements of them :(

Overdozer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:25:17 PM »

+15$

Don't go to the states or EU either, because you know... patients there also have problems.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

jfk

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

A lot of people like me also warn others never to go to India for leg lengthening. But a lot of people who agree that India is bad never say anything to avoid Russia. Actually I see a lot of people recommend Russia. But I say that Russia is just as bad as India. Maybe hospitals are nicer but the doctors also do not know what they are doing.

Bagirov patients have problems
Barinov patients have problems
People go to Russia-trained doctors and have problems

It is safe to say that if you want leg lengthening, do not do it outside of Europe or USA. Some places in China or Korea might be fine, I don't know. But for sure avoid India AND Russia!

So firstly it is good that we have a consensus that US/West and Middle Europe is good for LL. We also know that going to India is pretty risky.

I dont know what qualifies you to say Russia is a bad place for LL. I can tell you that I was actually in Russia for LL. I have seen many good results. I myself have a very good result.

So let people decide who they believe. I can tell you that Russia is a good place to do LL. I was there and I saw it. 

But if you know even more than me, who was there almost a year and did LL, then we are looking forward to hearing from your expertise.

Ozymandias

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 08:25:05 PM »

Well, I have never had LL in Russia, but after reading plenty of diaries here my opinion is that Russian doctors are generally very competent surgeons, but the aftercare is quite a big problem. I had the hope that Dr. Solomin / Kulesh could change this by offering LL at Clinic Medem, so I was reading badwolf's diary with attention. Sadly he moved to Saint Elisabeth, so I can't take him as a reference  :-\

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:06:55 PM »

russian drs are fine as far as the surgery goes... it is the aftercare that causes  issues

but thats a very big issue..... aftercare is 99% of it... surgery takes a few hours

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:57:57 PM »

Can't comment on Russia.

There's at least one good doctor in India though.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 06:25:01 AM »

There is no thing wrong with generalizing if the general result is terrible. Will you go swimming in the ocean inside a circle of man eating sharks just because you MIGHT come out okay? Of course you will not, but then again you might not want to offend the poor sharks by making general statements of them :(

What do you think about Dr. Mangal Parihar?

Sandra

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 07:12:54 AM »

I agree that some Russian doctors are good surgeons, the problem is with aftercare. But it's more problem for foreign patients than locals. Because all local patients got phone numbers, what's up and skype of their doctors. So they can call them any time and if there is any problem, they show what to do on skype live. That what dr Bagirov usually does.
First I wanted to go to dr Bagirov, he does the surgery both in my city and in Moscow. But he comes to my city once a month for 5 days, and he lets local patients stay in hospital for 5 days only. That's why I was afraid to risk, even if I could contact him 24 hours a day.

tx1111

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 08:00:48 AM »

Well, I have never had LL in Russia, but after reading plenty of diaries here my opinion is that Russian doctors are generally very competent surgeons, but the aftercare is quite a big problem. I had the hope that Dr. Solomin / Kulesh could change this by offering LL at Clinic Medem, so I was reading badwolf's diary with attention. Sadly he moved to Saint Elisabeth, so I can't take him as a reference  :-\

Hey if you decide to go with Solomin you can choose where you want the op done and where to stay.
That patient was moved to St Elizabeth by his own choice to save money but if he had asked no one would have objected to him satying at Medem.
Actually moving to Elizabeth was a smart and rational choice because while it may be boring there, you still get the attention you need while saving money. It all depends on your priorities.

badwolf

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 08:27:37 AM »

What tx1111 said. I'll update my diary as soon as I get internet access. I've only been here 2 weeks so far, so don't take my word for it yet, but so far the aftercare has been excellent in Saint Peterburg. I have my support team of doctor, cook/caretaker, and physiotherapist. Both physiotherapist and cook/caretaker are reasonably priced and Dr. Kulesh typically comes to check on me, change bandages, take me shopping, etc. about once every third day without charging a fee. He has also reassured me that if I have any complications he will be on call. So far, there's not much I can complain about.

badwolf

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »

Sorry, just to clarify, Dr. Kulesh does charge 1000 ruble per bandage change. He'a taught me how to do it myself though and soon I'll probably do it on my own.

Other things he has helped me with: handling my visa registration together with MEDEM, helping me rent my apartment, paying for me when my credit cards don't work and I don't have cash (which I later pay back when I have cash), buying anything I text him I need when he comes to visit (which I, once again, pay back later in cash), picking me up from the airport (with me paying for the taxi fare to my hotel), etc. The list is pretty extensive.

As far as I know, the aftercare in Volgograd is also pretty great. Kurgan as well.

I think it's really only Dr. Bagirov in Moscow who seems to not offer extensive aftercare.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 07:33:41 PM »

What do you think about Dr. Mangal Parihar?

He has only one patient for cosmetic lengthening and the case was not acceptable to me. Frames for over one year and big ugly scars. Also a little bit of x legs. I rather go somewhere I know my results will be good.

becometaller

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 09:09:55 PM »

Your too picky bro. Other LL surgeons have also big scars, not just parihar

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 09:23:39 PM »

He has only one patient for cosmetic lengthening and the case was not acceptable to me. Frames for over one year and big ugly scars. Also a little bit of x legs. I rather go somewhere I know my results will be good.

1) 2 months per cm is pretty standard for adults lengthening with external fixation only if you want to be on the safe side. I could have had the frames off much more quickly if I had chosen to go with lengthening over a nail.

2) I don't have x-legs (valgus).

3) If scars are an issue then internals are the way to go. Or you can get scar revision later on to reduce them. For wearing cages, I don't think my scars are all that bad.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.msg39882#msg39882

4) I'm the only cosmetic patient of Dr Parihar who has written a diary. But as far as I know he has performed 12 cosmetic lengthening cases so far. He's done an enormous amount of surgeries for deformities, injuries, and limb length discrepancies, however.

becometaller

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 09:33:13 PM »

There are people with bad scars even with internals. Kk scars are very good for externals. Some people doing internals have worse scars. This guy is too picky.

Joel

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 11:18:50 PM »

idk about this, but Russian women are so hot why wouldn't you want to go to Russia?  How many women did RGKEY get  ?  FFS
5'5 manlet of peace

crimsontide

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »

i dont like india at all

but  u cant blame india for scars

if you do dexternal,  youre gonna get some scars... some might be quite large and ugly

you cant change that... you have  pins and rods and bolts sticking in your legs....  thats external

and when you lengthen... the  holes will stretch....

thats unavoidable if doing external

Penguinn

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 07:51:36 AM »

There are people with bad scars even with internals. Kk scars are very good for externals. Some people doing internals have worse scars. This guy is too picky.

I wouldn't say 'picky' is the right word. More like 'biased'. He really hates any country except US and UK for LL.

becometaller

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 05:01:49 PM »

Yes biased

KrP1

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »

I dont think that russia is as bad as india for LL. I really think that is better because it is a more advanced country. The problem is that they use an old method.  internals are the best way to do this. Is like use an iphone6 vs a phone of 10 years ago so the results and the comfort during lengthening are not the same. When you are going to do something like this to your body you  should use the best you could afford.
If you could not pay for internals.  LON is the best way to go. But like in everything in this life if you do it with someone with a lot of experience is more probable that you get better results and russian doctors doesnt do a lot of nailing.

Choose well buddies ...you only have one body.

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 04:59:08 PM »

I agree that some Russian doctors are good surgeons, the problem is with aftercare. But it's more problem for foreign patients than locals. Because all local patients got phone numbers, what's up and skype of their doctors. So they can call them any time and if there is any problem, they show what to do on skype live. That what dr Bagirov usually does.
First I wanted to go to dr Bagirov, he does the surgery both in my city and in Moscow. But he comes to my city once a month for 5 days, and he lets local patients stay in hospital for 5 days only. That's why I was afraid to risk, even if I could contact him 24 hours a day.

Maybe it makes lot more sense for Russia locals to do lengthening in Russia then, but aftercare like you say is big deal. That is why I will go with Dr. Paley for his good physical program and local housing.

1) 2 months per cm is pretty standard for adults lengthening with external fixation only if you want to be on the safe side. I could have had the frames off much more quickly if I had chosen to go with lengthening over a nail.

2) I don't have x-legs (valgus).

3) If scars are an issue then internals are the way to go. Or you can get scar revision later on to reduce them. For wearing cages, I don't think my scars are all that bad.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=634.msg39882#msg39882

4) I'm the only cosmetic patient of Dr Parihar who has written a diary. But as far as I know he has performed 12 cosmetic lengthening cases so far. He's done an enormous amount of surgeries for deformities, injuries, and limb length discrepancies, however.

If you had done externals with Paley, you will have only needed 1 month per cm maximum and scars would be less. Paley also does releases as standard and you say Parihar does not do the releases. That means years from now you will have problems.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »

Maybe it makes lot more sense for Russia locals to do lengthening in Russia then, but aftercare like you say is big deal. That is why I will go with Dr. Paley for his good physical program and local housing.

If you had done externals with Paley, you will have only needed 1 month per cm maximum and scars would be less. Paley also does releases as standard and you say Parihar does not do the releases. That means years from now you will have problems.

1) Paley doesn't do externals.
2) If he did externals, how do you figure going with Paley would make you require wearing frames for a shorter time frame?
3) I haven't seen how Paley applied his Ilizarov frames when he used them for CLL. Have you seen any pinhole scars from prior patients of his?
Pages: [1]   Go Up