Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov  (Read 164080 times)

Whitefog

• Visitor
Re: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »

Can u ask dr that "is that ok to take melatonin to heal bone more faster" bcoz I got on website is stimulate osteoblast differentiation.  I pray u heal faster nd I welcome ur appreciate ur decision of lengthening at 4 cm which is safe. If I do I will consider 5:5 max. Can u tell me what will be the duration of 5 cm on tibia for lengthening.  Then normal activities.? When u will put off ur fixator.?

Moubgf

« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »

yeah it doesnt feel like dampers during LL, because the pins keep everything locked and hard, i guess it feels similar to a bike without any dampers at all when walking, its just hard pressure going through the lower legs while the flesh stays rigid. But as i said this feeling is starting to get less and less noticable. The stronger the muscles get i guess they start to work again as dampers and you start to feel the legs less as you walk.

Soon it will feel like it did before LL, at this pace im improving at i would guess within a month i can walk like before LL and with the pressure gone.

keep fighting man. You earned it. take your time soon enough this will be a distaint memory and you will be enjoying your reward.

IamAndrew

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2014, 06:05:31 AM »

Inspiring journey. I especially like how you stopped at 4.3 cm to feel right with yourself and as you picture yourself being VS going for 6-7 CM just to be taller.

Can't wait for some photos of the frames under pants. I would like to see a walking video also at some point.

Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

paco1

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »

Hi Wannabegiants,
How are you doing? I am planing my surgery with doctor salameh in september, in germany. My goal is 5,5.
I think doctor salameh and bagirov device are similar, but salameh device when you have some callus is removable the bottom part, and then the device is smaller during the rest of consolidation period.
I was thinking in doctor mitkovic too but you are right although his device  looks like smaller it is more dificult to hide under the trousers.
cheers.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »

Hi Wannabegiants,
How are you doing? I am planing my surgery with doctor salameh in september, in germany. My goal is 5,5.
I think doctor salameh and bagirov device are similar, but salameh device when you have some callus is removable the bottom part, and then the device is smaller during the rest of consolidation period.
I was thinking in doctor mitkovic too but you are right although his device  looks like smaller it is more dificult to hide under the trousers.
cheers.

Sounds good, Im doing fine, no problems really, but life is so damn boring. My walking has gotten better, but walking without crutches still not efficient enough that i feel i can stop using the crutches completely. Maybe in another 2 weeks..

I didnt know the bottom part was removable, that is a great idea, makes me sad that i cant do that with my device, im still debating which people i can meet before removing the frames.. if it was smaller i would go out and live almost like normal the moment i can walk normal.. Well Bagirov was cheaper than Salameh so at least that makes me not regret my choice

paco1

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2014, 09:11:06 PM »

I hope you have a good journey.
Sorry for my bad english, but i am from Spain and i don't speak well.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2014, 09:17:41 PM »

keep fighting man. You earned it. take your time soon enough this will be a distaint memory and you will be enjoying your reward.

Thanks man, i appreciate it!

Wannabegiant

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »

Inspiring journey. I especially like how you stopped at 4.3 cm to feel right with yourself and as you picture yourself being VS going for 6-7 CM just to be taller.

Can't wait for some photos of the frames under pants. I would like to see a walking video also at some point.

Thanks, yeah i value my recovery and athleticism a lot, i was very explosive before the surgery, hoping to be able to recover fully. I have a way bigger chance of doing that when only doing 4,3 cm compared to 6 or 7 cm. Also i cant bear being in the frames longer than i already have too. I just wanted to become close to average and at 5'10 i will pretty much never be considered short. All i need to be happy.

Taller

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2014, 01:37:18 AM »

5'10 is an awesome height to be. I am almost that height and, whenever I run into people of 5'10' I always think that it's a very solid and manly height. It's also very practical. 5'10 is, in my opinion, the minimum height to be considered alpha, but it won't keep you from fitting into small cars or cramped airplane seats. I hope you'll love it. How is your walking coming along, by the way? How much do you think that 4,3cm has altered your proportions?

GeTs

« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:50 AM »

5'10 is an awesome height to be. I am almost that height and, whenever I run into people of 5'10' I always think that it's a very solid and manly height. It's also very practical. 5'10 is, in my opinion, the minimum height to be considered alpha, but it won't keep you from fitting into small cars or cramped airplane seats. I hope you'll love it. How is your walking coming along, by the way? How much do you think that 4,3cm has altered your proportions?
tbh I'd rather struggle a bit in planes and cars and being 6'0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »

Thats also exactly what ive noticed, 5'10 being the minimum to be able to act like a genuine alpha, thats what i intend to be as i have the looks and the personality for it, but i knew my original height would prevent people from taking me seriously.

My walking is getting better and better, but as mentioned, im still too slow for it to be efficient enough to walk all the time without the walker/crutches, so i still use them most of the time to move around. But i have training sessions every day where i walk a lot without them.

My proportions look better to be honest, 4.3 cm barely does anything to the torso/leg ratio, however i have very long arms so the legs look more proportional relative to my arms now (my bodytype looks less like a gorilla now which is good)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:34:56 AM by Wannabegiant »

PrettyTall

« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »

ho much it all coast you.?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2014, 11:41:10 AM »

ho much it all coast you.?

6450 euro for the surgery and 7 days hospital stay. Then i payed for another 5 days at the hosptial, i dont remember the price for hospital stay but its quite expensive.

Then i had 4 flights total, two trips to Moscow and back. I bought each of the tickets for about 900 swedish kronor. Also the medicine i bougth cost about 900 swedish kr as well.

In the end quite expensive but still ends up being less than majority of other options.

PrettyTall

« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »

so it' all about 7100 aprox so in order to do that you need say 10000euro ?

Converse

• Visitor
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2014, 11:20:37 PM »

Hi Wannabegiant,

I am considering getting bilateral tibias with Dr. Bagirov as well; crimsontide's diary is highly informative about the whole process (the lack of after-care part sucks though). It would seem that issues like pin-bending do not feature if you're using his frame. 

I am interested in lengthening around 7.5 cms or so,  along those lines I was wondering how freely can you move around wearing these frames during distraction and then during consolidation period? I mean, I probably would have to wear them for at least 8 months, so is walking up stairs, standing on commuter rails etc. possible? Is there still a lot of pain after the distraction is done?

Thanks in advance for replying!

Wannabegiant

« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »

Hi Wannabegiant,

I am considering getting bilateral tibias with Dr. Bagirov as well; crimsontide's diary is highly informative about the whole process (the lack of after-care part sucks though). It would seem that issues like pin-bending do not feature if you're using his frame. 

I am interested in lengthening around 7.5 cms or so,  along those lines I was wondering how freely can you move around wearing these frames during distraction and then during consolidation period? I mean, I probably would have to wear them for at least 8 months, so is walking up stairs, standing on commuter rails etc. possible? Is there still a lot of pain after the distraction is done?

The frame uses some thicker pins, i dont think its completely immune to pin-bending though but if it happens it would be like 3 mm or less, very slight.

It depends on how fast you lengthen and on the individuals ability to recover i guess, but in general if you follow the instructions of the doctor you should be able to start walking about 2-3 months after surgery, but im not sure if this takes longer if you are still lengthening at this point.

Btw, if you are going to lengthen 7.5 cm, i can almost guarantee that you wont be done in 8 months, its likely 7.5 cm will take like 10 months or even 1 year. And it might take even longer than that if you have complications (like in crimsons case he got ballerina feet, and that prevents him from walking normally, the longer this problem lasts the less effective your walking and weightbearing will be to increase the consolidation.

Guys like Rgkey are the exception to the rule, and he used a different doctor who might do his bone incisions differently and make them heal faster, who knows, but dont expect it to go that fast, you will most likely be dissappointed.

Converse

• Visitor
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2014, 12:57:31 AM »

Thanks for replying Wannabegiant; just to clarify, I was under the impression that Dr. Bagirov also offered double cuts (osteotomy at two sites per segment)  ???  ? Won't that help with reducing the distraction and consolidation phase?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2014, 01:22:26 AM »

Thanks for replying Wannabegiant; just to clarify, I was under the impression that Dr. Bagirov also offered double cuts (osteotomy at two sites per segment)  ???  ? Won't that help with reducing the distraction and consolidation phase?

I asked his assistant about this before i had the surgery and i can confirm they do not offer the double cut. I dont think it would be aesthetically a good idea to do the double cut if you re gonna lengthen that much either, since one of the cuts are near the ankle where there is very little muscle mass, so it might end up looking really long and thin, and fragile if you get like 4+ cm of length there.

Converse

• Visitor
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2014, 01:26:37 AM »

Hmmm, that's true! What about the range of motion during distraction though? Did you experience any trouble with sitting down, or any knee pain during movement etc?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2014, 01:36:39 AM »

Hmmm, that's true! What about the range of motion during distraction though? Did you experience any trouble with sitting down, or any knee pain during movement etc?

The first month or so it will be slightly painful to sit down, the pain went away before i was done lengthening so i dont really remember how it felt, but it was like small pincing pain around the pin sites i think, also there was a lot of knee stiffness, so its not recommended at all to sit down a lot (because of knee stiffness and blood circulation), either stand or lay down with legs extended.

the knee stiffness went away really fast after i was done lengthening (maybe 2 or 3 days and i could fully straighten my knees without much effort at all)

FedUp

• Visitor
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2014, 11:13:43 PM »

Yo wannabe, have you had any problems renewing your stay permit in Russia? I emailed Barinov and they told me the Migration office had made their rules tougher and it would make it difficult to stay for longer than 6 months... how is this? Thanks in advance

Wannabegiant

« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2014, 11:48:37 PM »

Yo wannabe, have you had any problems renewing your stay permit in Russia? I emailed Barinov and they told me the Migration office had made their rules tougher and it would make it difficult to stay for longer than 6 months... how is this? Thanks in advance

I dont know.. i only stayed at the clinic for ca 12 days, so a business Visa was enough. Why do you need to stay for 6 months or more? The clinic encourages you to lengthen at home, as long as you follow instructions and dont lengthen to fast or to much (like 8 cm) you shouldnt have any serious issues.

westercoasten

« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »

Thanks for a great diary great to se someone that has the same goal, I`m also looking for 4 cm so I have some questions:
Whats your wingspan?
Wich date did you start lengthening and wich date did you stop? Was there some initial distraction by the doctor like 0,5 cm?
Was it scary to do the "skruva" haha dont know the word.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »

Thanks for a great diary great to se someone that has the same goal, I`m also looking for 4 cm so I have some questions:
Whats your wingspan?
Wich date did you start lengthening and wich date did you stop? Was there some initial distraction by the doctor like 0,5 cm?
Was it scary to do the "skruva" haha dont know the word.

Are you swedish? (since you mentioned "skruva", i would translate it to "turning" in this case)

I havent measured my wingspan, but i have very long arms and wide shoulders (despite only weighing around 63 +/- kilos pre-surgery)
Even now after i have finished lengthening, my wingspan looks slightly longer than my height, so i would guess i have 180+ cm in wingspan.

I started lengthening 5 days after i had the surgery which was mars 01, and no they do not distract the bone during the surgery so you start from 0. I was done lengthening at the beginning of May, cant remember exact date, i slowed down my lengthening speed slightly when i was almost done because i had an infection, but it didnt make much difference overall in the total time it took, just a few days extra.

So the lengthening took me about 2 months, but i lengthened 4.3 cm to be exact.

crimsontide

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

just want to emphasize something.... what wannabe said about rgkey is very true.... and you must believe it, no matter what dr you go to....  rgkey is a very very rare case....

if you lengthen tibias over 5 or 6 cm, you can expect to get ballerina.... i can almost guarantee it... and trust me, it is not a small issue. just because its not a permanent issue does not make it small....  i would recommend to not go over 6 cm.... I've done maybe 7 cm now...

if you will do more than 5, you will need a release

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »

Ballerina was an issue for me, but only a small issue that resolved itself eventually.  Different people's legs can stand to lengthen different amounts.

westercoasten

« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »

Are you swedish? (since you mentioned "skruva", i would translate it to "turning" in this case)

I havent measured my wingspan, but i have very long arms and wide shoulders (despite only weighing around 63 +/- kilos pre-surgery)
Even now after i have finished lengthening, my wingspan looks slightly longer than my height, so i would guess i have 180+ cm in wingspan.

I started lengthening 5 days after i had the surgery which was mars 01, and no they do not distract the bone during the surgery so you start from 0. I was done lengthening at the beginning of May, cant remember exact date, i slowed down my lengthening speed slightly when i was almost done because i had an infection, but it didnt make much difference overall in the total time it took, just a few days extra.

So the lengthening took me about 2 months, but i lengthened 4.3 cm to be exact.
Yes of course its "turning", what was I thinking, temporary lost my brain.
How long before u take of frames? Have u been walking out in public like to the store or are u only at home?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

Yes of course its "turning", what was I thinking, temporary lost my brain.
How long before u take of frames? Have u been walking out in public like to the store or are u only at home?

The clinic said before i had the surgery that 4 cm would take 6-9 months on average. And that lines up with what Dr franz said on this site, ie that it takes around 1.5 - 2 months per cm to consolidate in adults, however he mentioned that his patients on average take 1.3-1.5 months per cm, and that they add 0.5 months to that estimate so the patients wont get to high expectations.

With that said, if im average in terms of healing i should be done in 6 months total, which would mean the end of august, which is about 1.5 months from now. I have an appointment with a local orthopedic 24 of July, and he will probably be able to give me a more accurate estimate when i will be done.

My first x-ray which i did after ca 2 months post surgery showed a lot of callus "fog" along the whole distraction gap, an im young and have done lots of sports most of my life, ive never smoked in my life and i have been eating very healthy and taking supplements all this time, i expect the healing to be average or better.

Taller

« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2014, 11:21:32 PM »

I apologize of this has already been asked, but does Dr. Bagirov fixate the fibula bone on both ends?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »

I apologize of this has already been asked, but does Dr. Bagirov fixate the fibula bone on both ends?

I didnt ask him about it so i cant know for sure but im almost certain that he does fixate the fibula on both ends, since i have pins going into those exact spots where the fibula is located both near the ankle and on the outside of the knees. Also, i have no x-legs at all which is one of the complications which can happen if the fibula isnt fixed if i recall correctly, which makes it even more likely that he did fixate the fibula.

Converse

• Visitor
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2014, 06:34:44 AM »

Hey Wannabegiant,

Thanks again for posting your experience in such detail and answering all those questions, like I had mentioned earlier I am considering Dr. Bagirov for bilateral tibial lengthening and I have booked a date in August.

I still had a few questions at this point, do you think it would be okay if I PMed you?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up