Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I recently realized that my height problem is divided into 3 issues.  (Read 3362 times)

I've been suffering from depression over my height for 10 years now. It was in 2009 when I first had my x-tray and discovered that I was gonna end up short and there's nothing I could do at that point.

All these years, though, all I knew was that I had problems with my height but I never realized that my problem with height consists of 3 different problems but are all intertwined:

1. The fact that my short height was caused by negligence and stupidity of my parents and myself instead of genetic factor. Had I not suffered from years of extreme sleep deprivation and depression for the sake of school, I might have been tall.

2. The fact that my father and sisters are all tall, yet I'm significantly shorter than my own father and barely taller than my sisters is something extraordinary or a rare phenomenon.

3. The short height itself.

In other words, the burden that I bear because of my height is actually 3 times heavier than that of other normal short dudes.

Leg Lengthening could still help with the problem #2 and #3 to some extent but it doesn't change anything to the problem #1.

Canon

Re: I recently realized that my height problem is divided into 3 issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »

How tall are you

Jeanpierre0703

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »

So you are especial now?
Everyone here has a reason they didn't want to be short:
-Short parents
-Carelessness of parents in theirs children's height (good nutrition, promote sports)
-They realized later on the impact that this topic would have on their lives
-Genetics
-Diseases
Add that some wanted to stand out in some sport and height prevented them, or live somewhere where the average is above theirs height and can not be taken seriously by the girls or anyone (I meant it for mens mostly)
Then you come here to understate "normal short dude's" reasons...
You are a troll or a child who wants to blame everyone and fell unique
I'm giving you this atention because I (as everybody here) share this fkng feeling and want to help us and the others
So, stop complaining about the problem and focus on how to solve it, even if it takes 10 years to

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 02:19:03 PM »

u shouldnt cry over a split milk.The time having gone away is just away.

cheekycabs

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 02:22:42 PM »

OP is a known troll. Save yourself the wasted time and don’t reply. He is literally just baiting for responses.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »

So you are especial now?
Everyone here has a reason they didn't want to be short:
-Short parents
-Carelessness of parents in theirs children's height (good nutrition, promote sports)
-They realized later on the impact that this topic would have on their lives
-Genetics
-Diseases
Add that some wanted to stand out in some sport and height prevented them, or live somewhere where the average is above theirs height and can not be taken seriously by the girls or anyone (I meant it for mens mostly)
Then you come here to understate "normal short dude's" reasons...
You are a troll or a child who wants to blame everyone and fell unique
I'm giving you this atention because I (as everybody here) share this fkng feeling and want to help us and the others
So, stop complaining about the problem and focus on how to solve it, even if it takes 10 years to

If it was because of short parents/genetics/diseases, there would be nothing to regret. Because you couldn't have prevented it (you can't choose your parents). However, in my case, I could have been more open minded and bold in taking action. I could have saved myself a lot of unnecessary trouble stems from my stunted height.

u shouldnt cry over a split milk.The time having gone away is just away.

If you think ending up 5'6 when you're supposed to be 5'10"++ is a spilled milk.

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 03:34:00 PM »

Bull . 5'6 is normal. If u use a Timberland boot without lift's u could get 5'8, and if u get could get 5'10.
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »

If it was because of short parents/genetics/diseases, there would be nothing to regret. Because you couldn't have prevented it (you can't choose your parents). However, in my case, I could have been more open minded and bold in taking action. I could have saved myself a lot of unnecessary trouble stems from my stunted height.

If you think ending up 5'6 when you're supposed to be 5'10"++ is a spilled milk.

What makes you think you were supposed to be 5’10. You cant go off by your siblings height. You guys dont have the same genes.

Quit complaining, your not anymore special than any other short guy on here.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

star-ray

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 06:15:40 PM »

Hey Bruce,

I also have tall siblings and yea it sucks when your the much shorter one. I do belive me being short was down me not taking taking right nutrients as a kid. I think I would have been maybe few inches taller. Maybe.

However, what is done is done. I can't go back in time and any thought like that is negative and just uses up your brain. Better to focus on a solution.  LL and sorting out your posture you can get alot of cm back.

Last thing , please  don't let your current height hold you back from achieving your goals.

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 12:22:57 AM »

Hi Bruce

I understand your frustration and some sort of resentment especially against your parents.  My old brother was like you and he didn't change a bit even after our parents passed away.  He wasted his life on complaining our parents, especially father not only about height but about pretty much everything.  On the contrary, I didn't complain my parents.  They also suffered from their own problems, poverty, poor education, and so on.  It is no use complaining parents.  So I tried to understand them and never really complaint.  I have worked hard and achieved some success in my career and finally got my CLL done.  It took me long long long time to fix problems, achieve my career goal, and overcome my shortcomings including height.  I am quite old now but very happy with CLL done, although I may not be able to enjoy this new height for a long time.  Anyhow, don't let your destiny rule over yourself.  Make your destiny with your will and hard work!

Good luck!

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 09:04:40 AM »

Bull . 5'6 is normal. If u use a Timberland boot without lift's u could get 5'8, and if u get could get 5'10.

5'6" is definitely too short, but it doesn't matter regardless. If you buy a house with a pool for a price, then you'd expect the pool by the time you receive it regardless of whether you want to use it or not.

Whether 5'6" is tall, normal, short or dwarf, it's no longer relevant. What matters is the height I deserve and I was supposed to be which is not this 5 fking 6.

What makes you think you were supposed to be 5’10. You cant go off by your siblings height. You guys dont have the same genes.

Quit complaining, your not anymore special than any other short guy on here.

5'10" is just a rough estimation being conservative. By looking around that, I don't see guys shorter than his father by 4" and same height as their sisters on a daily basis. I'm sure they exist, but like I said it's a rare phenomenon.

I got to be either extremely unlucky or stunted my growth. I don't know how much height I lose, but what I know is I slept 0-2 hours a night since the age of 9 consistenly until 17.

Hey Bruce,

I also have tall siblings and yea it sucks when your the much shorter one. I do belive me being short was down me not taking taking right nutrients as a kid. I think I would have been maybe few inches taller. Maybe.

However, what is done is done. I can't go back in time and any thought like that is negative and just uses up your brain. Better to focus on a solution.  LL and sorting out your posture you can get alot of cm back.

Last thing , please  don't let your current height hold you back from achieving your goals.

Yeah man, but LL also comes with a price.

Hi Bruce

I understand your frustration and some sort of resentment especially against your parents.  My old brother was like you and he didn't change a bit even after our parents passed away.  He wasted his life on complaining our parents, especially father not only about height but about pretty much everything.  On the contrary, I didn't complain my parents.  They also suffered from their own problems, poverty, poor education, and so on.  It is no use complaining parents.  So I tried to understand them and never really complaint.  I have worked hard and achieved some success in my career and finally got my CLL done.  It took me long long long time to fix problems, achieve my career goal, and overcome my shortcomings including height.  I am quite old now but very happy with CLL done, although I may not be able to enjoy this new height for a long time.  Anyhow, don't let your destiny rule over yourself.  Make your destiny with your will and hard work!

Good luck!

Hey man, it's great to hear that you finally had the chance to redeem yourself. May I ask how old you are and where you did it?

Ghostfish

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 10:32:51 AM »

Hey man, it's great to hear that you finally had the chance to redeem yourself. May I ask how old you are and where you did it?

Hi Bruce

I am really old. I am in late 40s.  I did cll at Paley institute.  I did it very late because of many reasons.  I couldn't have a chance to stop my career.  What I am doing is not like normal jobs so you can quit and find it again easily.  So I have had to continue to study and work to achieve my career goal.  Last year, I was able to make a time of 5 month or so break, which is the longest time I have had for my break.  Luckily, Stryde just came out at the right time, which allowed me to go back to work as soon as possible.
So you can achieve your goal and change your life.  You are still very young as far as I remember about you.  Work hard to be successful.  Make a plan for your CLL.  If you have enough money, do Stryde.  If not, find a more economical solution.  Don't sit the place where you have been.  Move forward for your life!

PAGrb490

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 10:58:44 AM »

You are my hero!

Please tell me how was your consolidation compare to younger people. I am asking cause I am planning to get Strude later this year and I am 37 and a female , so , an age-induced slow consolidation is one of my concerns.

Respectfully,

Y

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »

I got to be either extremely unlucky or stunted my growth. I don't know how much height I lose, but what I know is I slept 0-2 hours a night since the age of 9 consistenly until 17.

Makes no sense why someone would sleep 0-2 hours a night for 8 years. I dont even think youd be alive if this was true. Why were you the only one who was “impacted” by this and not your siblings, yet you claim they out grew you. Something doesnt add up.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Astronomy

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 08:21:50 PM »

In fact I'm supposed to be more taller than 175cm(Cuz I live in a super modern city) But...the fact is that I'm only 162cm.But I myself don't blame myself or mystery for this.I don't mean to criticize you I just suggest you to face the facts.Don't try to trace back Because There are always pities in our lives.
By now what you have to do is to consider conducting LL.Rather than it Other things would make no sense.Not to regret is always better than to regret,isn't it?

Astronomy

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 08:25:39 PM »

Are you serious???You kept 0-2-hour lackage of sleep from 9 to 17???Jezzzzzzzz

myloginacc

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »

You'd still feel short even if you had grown to your father's height.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Ghostfish

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 12:16:18 AM »

You are my hero!

Please tell me how was your consolidation compare to younger people. I am asking cause I am planning to get Strude later this year and I am 37 and a female , so , an age-induced slow consolidation is one of my concerns.

Respectfully,

Y
Hi PAG
I think you are asking me this, right? My bones have grown well at the similar rate as other young patients.  Some patients like 20 yr old actually got their bones grow too fast, so they couldn't slow or stop lengthening whereas I slowed down lengthening a couple of times in the middle due to tightness. Stryde seems to be really helpful for bones to grow.  I think your age is not that old as compared to mine :)  So don't worry too much and just go for it. Drink milk, take vitamine D/calcium, and walk as much as you can during lengthening!
Cheers,

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 01:58:05 PM »

Makes no sense why someone would sleep 0-2 hours a night for 8 years. I dont even think youd be alive if this was true. Why were you the only one who was “impacted” by this and not your siblings, yet you claim they out grew you. Something doesnt add up.

Are you serious???You kept 0-2-hour lackage of sleep from 9 to 17???Jezzzzzzzz

My sisters loved being in school and never had problems with it, never stayed awake at night and always got sufficient sleep.

It's perfectly possible to sleep that much every night for a long period. Just ask any doctor. I remembered once during Junior High School, I was so grateful having managed to get 4 hours of sleep.

You'd still feel short even if you had grown to your father's height.

I probably wouldn't, but even if I did feel short, doesn't matter because I wouldn't really be short.

Astronomy

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »

My sisters loved being in school and never had problems with it, never stayed awake at night and always got sufficient sleep.

It's perfectly possible to sleep that much every night for a long period. Just ask any doctor. I remembered once during Junior High School, I was so grateful having managed to get 4 hours of sleep.

I probably wouldn't, but even if I did feel short, doesn't matter because I wouldn't really be short.
Maybe Im ignorant...But 8-9 hours even 10 hours for sleep are essential for your bodys maturing at the age of 9-17.I dunno why you can do this But I was also a stay-outism and Id been keeping 6-7hours sleep but I had already felt very tired in the midnight

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 09:18:46 PM »

Maybe Im ignorant...But 8-9 hours even 10 hours for sleep are essential for your bodys maturing at the age of 9-17.I dunno why you can do this But I was also a stay-outism and Id been keeping 6-7hours sleep but I had already felt very tired in the midnight

I was fked up.

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 04:00:22 PM »

I was fked up.

So, u are 5'6. Use elevator shoes everyday and u gonna look 5'8 for everyone.
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 07:08:44 PM »

So, u are 5'6. Use elevator shoes everyday and u gonna look 5'8 for everyone.

As if 5'9" version of myself wouldn't be able to wear elevator shoes and look 5'11" for everyone.

I mean, I do think elevator shoes are helpful but it's more like a painkiller rather than a cure.

YungGud

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2019, 07:31:17 PM »

As if 5'9" version of myself wouldn't be able to wear elevator shoes and look 5'11" for everyone.

I mean, I do think elevator shoes are helpful but it's more like a painkiller rather than a cure.
Pure truth... Clown shoes not gonna help
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Astronomy

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2019, 08:18:06 PM »

The like of shoes will only make you feel more in lower level if ur short before wearing them.
Im 162cm therefore I never consider them

Mzacr

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 12:11:03 AM »

I've been suffering from depression over my height for 10 years now. It was in 2009 when I first had my x-tray and discovered that I was gonna end up short and there's nothing I could do at that point.

All these years, though, all I knew was that I had problems with my height but I never realized that my problem with height consists of 3 different problems but are all intertwined:

1. The fact that my short height was caused by negligence and stupidity of my parents and myself instead of genetic factor. Had I not suffered from years of extreme sleep deprivation and depression for the sake of school, I might have been tall.

2. The fact that my father and sisters are all tall, yet I'm significantly shorter than my own father and barely taller than my sisters is something extraordinary or a rare phenomenon.

3. The short height itself.

In other words, the burden that I bear because of my height is actually 3 times heavier than that of other normal short dudes.

Leg Lengthening could still help with the problem #2 and #3 to some extent but it doesn't change anything to the problem #1.
Then do LL for fk sake. Nobody is stopping you. And your parents gave you a home and food you ungrateful piece of  . You don't deserve any height anymore than many of us do, so just log off stop being a bitch and do LL so you can stop wasting everybody's time.

cheekycabs

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 12:44:08 AM »

Then do LL for fk sake. Nobody is stopping you. And your parents gave you a home and food you ungrateful piece of  . You don't deserve any height anymore than many of us do, so just log off stop being a bitch and do LL so you can stop wasting everybody's time.

The dude has 550 posts of the same tired crap, he’s a professional of wasting peoples time. This won’t change it.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Astronomy

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 01:34:24 AM »

The dude has 550 posts of the same tired crap, he’s a professional of wasting peoples time. This won’t change it.
I think,just I,if u realizes the problems,then solve it,dont waste time playing role like in tragic drama

Ghostfish

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 06:25:08 AM »

Hi jcayabo
You are really funny! I laughed so hard.   ;D ;D 
But, let us give him some time.  I think he has been lost and needs some time to find his way.  Hopefully, he can find the way to get over his negativeness in his life soon.

cheekycabs

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »

Hi jcayabo
You are really funny! I laughed so hard.   ;D ;D 
But, let us give him some time.  I think he has been lost and needs some time to find his way.  Hopefully, he can find the way to get over his negativeness in his life soon.

He’s been making these posts for 4 years, regardless of endless advice.

But yeah you go and change that. Good luck on another 4 years.

He’s a troll by every definition and the attention you feed him will keep him crapposting for years to come.

Ghostfish

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 03:25:09 PM »

He’s been making these posts for 4 years, regardless of endless advice.

But yeah you go and change that. Good luck on another 4 years.

He’s a troll by every definition and the attention you feed him will keep him crapposting for years to come.
Yeah, it is true that he has been posting quite similar stuffs over and over.  As I said, he has been lost so it may be one way he can vent his stress and agony.  Hopefully, he feels better some day.  Anyway, if one does not like his posts, then just ignore them.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up