Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running after LL  (Read 6442 times)

krin0610

• Visitor
Running after LL
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:11:55 AM »

Hello,

Just to give an update about my post LL experience.

Started at around 172cm and I am now around 180cm measured recently again by my GP (181cm with flat shoes).

I had my surgery on 16/07/2013, stopped lengthening on 08/11/2013 for 8cm gain tibia lengthening in India with Dr Sarin.

I am walking pretty normal now and started running almost a month ago. Now I am running at speed 7 with no weird external sign. Yesterday I ran for around 10 mins.

I have to say that when I came back home, our National Health (free as we pay National Insurance Tax when working) took care of me as they still believe that I had an accident with limb reconstruction. So I think I had the best medication & PT for my body to recover with regular scans etc.

Nails scheduled for removal in January 2015 as the medical staff believes that I am totally OK and a scan was done recently to see if running is affecting anything but everything was perfect!!!!

I am not here in this forum that often as nobody in my entourage (friend, colleagues and neighbours etc know about my LL ... My family leaving in another country) ... so might not reply to queries or feedback.

Tx

Uppland

Re: Running after LL
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »

Thanks for sharing but surely the doctors that examined you must have noticed the bone had been lenghtened and not just repaired?

krin0610

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »

Thanks for sharing but surely the doctors that examined you must have noticed the bone had been lenghtened and not just repaired?

That was my fear too but the good thing was that I stayed in India for just above 9 months implying just above 6 months after frames removal (stopping lengthening) and my callus was one of the best if not the best in the guesthouse. So six month post frame removal, my tibia looked almost fully consolidated to the extend that the PT in India couldn't determine where the cuts were made initially.

Here back home, during my first scan (almost 9 months post frame removal ... here we have to wait to be referred to an Ortho by our GP so it took time for me to finally see an ortho ... ), the Ortho did not even question where the bones were broken during the accident ... why? because first of all, the story was that I had several open fractures implying several broken bits along the tibia and also that I lost unattached bones thus a high limb reconstruction was needed. So for the doctor (Ortho), I was actually doing well and for him everything seemed to be healed perfectly with no gaps whatsoever ...

I saw the Xrays myself and you couldn't really guess or see any gap, everything looked so solid and white apart from not being all smooth and natural ... but the ortho reassured me it was normal that they looked that way since I lost the natural bones and these were new reconstructed bones.

The only worry that the ortho had was my left ankle that looked weird to them but again they said it was due to the shock of the accident and that I might have to suffer from arthritis in the future but I knew inside me that there was no accident and that this was probably the impact of pins/frame and that this will gradually repair naturally ... that ankle used to be painful but much more better now ... almost normal now.

Tx

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:35:48 PM »

Okay but didn't they find it strange that your tibia was 8 cm longer than normal? I guess most people won't make that connection but they're trained medical staff you'd think they would notice something was off. Also why did you choose not to tell them abut the surgery?

And most important of all: how are you feeling, is your recovery going well?

krin0610

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:27:08 PM »

Okay but didn't they find it strange that your tibia was 8 cm longer than normal? I guess most people won't make that connection but they're trained medical staff you'd think they would notice something was off. Also why did you choose not to tell them abut the surgery?

And most important of all: how are you feeling, is your recovery going well?

Okay but didn't they find it strange that your tibia was 8 cm longer than normal?

No way! Remember these doctors don't even think about this especially here in my country (I wouldn't name it) where cosmetic limb lengthening is illegal ... LL is only done on a medical basis here. So an Ortho here wouldn't have these ideas of LL in his mind ... we (LL patients) think about this because we underwent this surgery. Also, some people naturally have longer tibia (especially brothers from the black race ... black men tibia are naturally longer). Anyway, proportions are never a set thing ... we are all different.

Also why did you choose not to tell them abut the surgery?

If I did, I wouldn't have all this attention I guess ... LL is illegal here ... However, there was one girl in the guesthouse from the same country ...she came back here and told the truth to the medical staff and still had everything under our National Health.
It was my choice that's all and I don't regret it.

how are you feeling, is your recovery going well?

Feeling so well and so respected now at work, night out and at the Gym ... recovery very good and walking totally normal now and running at 7 speed ... The greatest thing that happened to me: LL!

Tx

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »

When you say your National Health took care of you, what do you mean by that exactly? Like what are some of the services they provided you for free?

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 10:58:50 PM »

Okay but didn't they find it strange that your tibia was 8 cm longer than normal?

No way! Remember these doctors don't even think about this especially here in my country (I wouldn't name it) where cosmetic limb lengthening is illegal ... LL is only done on a medical basis here. So an Ortho here wouldn't have these ideas of LL in his mind ... we (LL patients) think about this because we underwent this surgery. Also, some people naturally have longer tibia (especially brothers from the black race ... black men tibia are naturally longer). Anyway, proportions are never a set thing ... we are all different.

Also why did you choose not to tell them abut the surgery?

If I did, I wouldn't have all this attention I guess ... LL is illegal here ... However, there was one girl in the guesthouse from the same country ...she came back here and told the truth to the medical staff and still had everything under our National Health.
It was my choice that's all and I don't regret it.

how are you feeling, is your recovery going well?

Feeling so well and so respected now at work, night out and at the Gym ... recovery very good and walking totally normal now and running at 7 speed ... The greatest thing that happened to me: LL!

Tx

Alright thanks for answering and glad you're feeling good you definitely deserve it after what you went through. Cheers mate.

c

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 05:52:01 PM »

现在看来这不是一个好的选择,8厘米的小腿延长太多了,如果你还在,我希望你可以回复

ReadRothbard

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 02:37:25 PM »

good luck with arthritis and sitting in a wheel chair at 50 lmao  8)

Why would he be?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

canterk

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 03:34:56 PM »

why? after consolidation and getting back your normal gait and doing normal activities what makes you say that someone who did CLL would get those issues at 50 compared to people who did not do CLL? and also OP's diary was from 2014 i bet he's living the dream now and wont even bother reading your reply here.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 04:29:05 PM »

You are the same guy that claimed to be depressed and that life did not matter anymore to u in another post , n you come here with a stupid phrase out of nowhere?!
8 cm tibia with sarin it's a f****** mess , but your comment it's terrible and someone who knows how ppl with height dysphoria feels , should not throw that  t* comment out of nowhere in the forum !
Many ppl read here and they are not informed ;if you are discouraged urself and/or are scared of the surgery leave the forum and save those comments because they are pointless and toxic !!
We know this surgery has risks but we also know what puts us at more risk or not so not every story is the same ,ur comment it's just not needed !
We need more mentally stable people here or even a real diary would make no sense because their criteria of judging the pain/the process/the recovery will never make sense ,and the topics will always have ppl who throws in random things like death,cripple and 15cm in one segment and able to run as fast as before!
Se ye we don't need your sarcasm, but if you have more knowledge then please share with us .

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 06:58:26 PM »

why? after consolidation and getting back your normal gait and doing normal activities what makes you say that someone who did CLL would get those issues at 50 compared to people who did not do CLL? and also OP's diary was from 2014 i bet he's living the dream now and wont even bother reading your reply here.

Actually, maybe he's talking about running/jogging and not LL. That can be really hard on your knees.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up