Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A discussion i had with my grandmother (from my maternal side)  (Read 2652 times)

• Proportionā˜¤Nazi
A discussion i had with my grandmother (from my maternal side)
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »

So from a topic to another topic, My grandmother from my maternal side(who knows nothing about my height neurosis) said that my little cousin (first cousin/13 years old) Will have an dangerous surgery this month, I asked what kind of surgery and i was shock to find out that he was about to do LL, Apparently one of his legs is shorter than the other. She wasn't very happy with my aunt's decision to let my little cousin do LL in Belgium (where they live) She said that they will "butcher him" and that he will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, She said that my aunt should have chosen a clinic based in Germany (for better results) Anyways she was really worried about general anesthesia, Because he had trouble waking up from it in the past (He has undergone many surgeries, Due to his muscle atrophy)
Anyways i had a glimpse of her reaction, Ill never tell anyone if i do LL even if it seems strange that i have "grown" so much in my early 20's, There won't be much support and the fact that i want to do it for cosmetic reasons will anger EVERYONE in my family.

Anyways, I found out that i have some Asian in my bloodline, Which i found REALLY REALLY strange.
I asked her how did my great grandmother and great grandfather from my paternal side look like (because i have never seen them, Even on photos; And they are from the same small city, Where basically everybody knew each other) And i was curious why did the sister of my grandfather of my paternal side look so Japanese (pale with very scrunched eyes) My grandfather from paternal side dosen't look very Asian, Maybe 10%. She described her as very pale with rosy cheeks (same as me and my father) and short, No more than 150 cm's. This might explain why my arms are roughly the same size as my legs, And why i am taller than my father and why he is taller than his father and why my uncle (my fathers younger brother is 187 cm) Asians are getting bigger and bigger with every passing generation (maybe due to better nutrition), Anyways my dad dosen't look even 5% Asian, Nor does my uncle. I don't look even  remotely Asian, I was born with blue eyes and dark blond hair like most (if not all caucasian babies)  My eyes are normal size for a caucasian. I asked my grandmother from my maternal side, Where did my great grandmother from my paternal side come from, But she said that she has to ask someone older than her if he knows. Anyways this maybe the reason behind my stature to wingspan ratio and my ulna length indicating that i should be 184 cm and the distance between my navel and the top of my head being 71-72 cm's. But i don't even look 1/10 Asian.
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

Uppland

Re: A discussion i had with my grandmother (from my maternal side)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

Don't you think older people have trouble with invasive surgeries in general? Most old people I know are not very flexible in anything really my maternal grandmother can't even use a cellphone properly -and we bought her one designed for old people.

Beardedguy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »

People are still growing with every passing generation. It wont surprise nobody that in about 400years the avg of China will be 6'0 and 6'5 for a Dutchman
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)

GeTs

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »

People are still growing with every passing generation. It wont surprise nobody that in about 400years the avg of China will be 6'0 and 6'5 for a Dutchman
doubt it, life would be hard at 6'5

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »

Hardly; mean height has almost stopped increasing in sweden at about 181CM. Scientists say we might get to 183 in 50 years but hardly more than that. Also average height varies, a century ago north americans were taller than europeans and now the opossite is true. In another 100 years the europeans may have shrunk and perhaps the east asians are the tallest peoples on earth.

Beardedguy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 11:40:12 PM »

My trip to Germany when I was 15 (5'9)  was THE moment when I learned that the world was taller and therefore started my struggle for increasing height. The deutsche are hughs! My aunt's mann is 6'7, his mom 6'0!!! and it's told that dutchs are taller.
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)
Pages: [1]   Go Up