Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL questions, looking for suggestions/inputs  (Read 1954 times)

bluesparks

• Visitor
LL questions, looking for suggestions/inputs
« on: November 28, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am currently 5'6 and I want to do 5cm LL (max) on both my tibia and femurs.

After reading a lot of journals and discussions, I am at peace with 5 cm LL on each section of my legs. I want to regain as much athletic ability as possible and avoid possible long term health effects. The risks and sacrifices for 5 cm+ LL is not enough to convince me.

Which one should I do first? Do I even consider doing both at the same time (I would really prefer this since the time commitment is potentially halved, but I do know the added risks)?

I just want to ask these questions so I have an idea of what to aim for. I wont be able to afford this any time soon, but I am only 22 so I have plenty of time  8).

Thank you so much in advance for all the replies.
Bluez

programdude

Re: LL questions, looking for suggestions/inputs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »

I urge just doing femurs, but even if you decide to do both, don't do them at the same time.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

bluesparks

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »

Only femurs? The tibia LL is still risky even for 5cm?

programdude

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:23:15 AM »

Honestly it depends. I have met people who have done ok with modest tibia lengthening but there is a lot to consider:
1. Depending on method, permanent knee pain.
2. Much greater recovery time
3. Worst scarring- if you do this and femurs you will have TONS of scars. Femurs alone is fairly modest scarring, Most of mine have healed pretty nicely in a short period of time. I've seen firsthand several tibia scars, and theres no way to hide them other than long pants, and theres lots.
4. Higher complication rate. While this is mostly true for females its still a factor for men.

Really, not sure why you wouldn't just do 5-8 CM on femurs
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

bluesparks

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 01:32:26 AM »

I think mostly for proportion's sake and health that's why i don't consider any more than 5cm.

I have shorter legs overall but the femur and tibia by themselves are quite proportionate.

Scars can be removed by simple operations though no?

programdude

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 02:05:52 AM »

To an extent, but usually not totally and that costs more money. Speaking of which you mention cost, and needing to save up and just doing femurs is incredibly cheaper.

I'd say start with femur, do what you are comfortable with- and then if unsatisfied move on to tibia.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 02:37:02 AM »

The consensus is that 7.5 cm per segment is the limit for regaining athletic abilities, fully.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Joel

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 03:18:55 AM »

If you work out and have big legs but they aren't long you can always get away with it, just don't go over 5cm or even go to 5cm if you already have hip or ballerina foot problems already
5'5 manlet of peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up