Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glucosamine Study - Small Height Increase (up to .8 CM) and Gravity Boots  (Read 41274 times)

onemorefoot

Re: Glucosamine Study - Small Height Increase (up to .8 CM) and Gravity Boots
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »

In general, in a long term it could cause problems in the spine;  if someone wants to achieve more height he/she would have to use it for a long time.
Budget will determine my future.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 01:25:32 AM »

Hi all. I am part of a small group on this forum who wants to explore alternatives to LL. I considered LL (am still considering to some degree) but because I only want a .5 inch to 1.5 inch height increase (currently 69.2" with a 70.5" arm span), I am exploring if there are alternatives to LL which can help me reach my goal. I have heard that people have gained up to 1" of extra height through inversion table or gravity boots and up to .8cm from using glucosamine supplements. All of this height was gained in the spine.

Has anyone experimented or plan on experimenting with either of these alternative remedies?

Here is the glocusamine study: average height gained after 8 weeks (page 3) was .39 cm with a standard deviation of +/- .44cm, so some gained .8cm (~1/3 inch)

Appreciate any comments. Thank you

I'm glad that this topic was brought back to the top. Read the OP was like reading my own thoughts. I started out at 5'9 morning height, 5'8.5 evening height before starting back with yoga a week ago. Currently, I'm just below 5'10 in the morning at 5'9.8 or so barefoot. In the evening I typically shrink to 5'9.25 eventually and drop to 5'9.1 if I work out very hard for about 4-6 hours on that day. I know that the height gain temporary but if taking this supplement could help me continually retain my 5'9+ evening height then I would be glad.

I just ordered a bottle of an glucosamine supplement. I also hope to reach 5'10. It seems as the days go by that the gains are getting slower but I seem to be slowly be creeping up to 5'10, I'm so close and I hope that I can reach 5'10+ as a morning height and 5'9.5 as an evening height at least. I will see. I just started stretching so I guess I will really see if any further results come of this or not in a few months. I know that I have had some really, really, bad posture but did not realize that I may have been 5'10 this whole damn time and didn't evening freaking know it!

I now claim to be 5'9-5'10 which I believe is an honest statement. I do hope to be able to just say 5'10  some day. To reach 5'10.5 morning height and 5'10 evening height would great, that to me only  seems possible via this surgery. But I feel that I'd want at least 5'11 barefoot if I did decided that I wanted surgery though. Right now, with lifts that give me .6 inches in extra height I can reach as high as 5'11.75 with shoes on if it's straight out of bed. I can tell my proportions would be out of wack if I got past 5'11.5 or so barefoot. I hope to see some positive results from this supplement as well. So far, I've done yoga each day but less than when I initially started; I do it about thrice a day for about 10 minutes because I want to see more gains over time hopefully. I enjoy doing yoga(big stress relief) but I wonder if I can get to the point in the future to maybe do it thrice a week and still keep the results. I too hope that this or other methods can be a lasting alternative outside of surgery.

P.S. You guys have done well in your research on this forum man.

Hope everyone's height dreams can come true!

Bander72

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 02:56:40 AM »

This may sound like a noob but it seems to me that having a lower body fat can help. The spine has less pressure and it can relax more. I remember from these supposed people that said they grew they were skinny also and inverted with 20 lb dumbbells in each hand.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

MoveUp

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 02:51:21 AM »

I'm glad that this topic was brought back to the top. Read the OP was like reading my own thoughts. I started out at 5'9 morning height, 5'8.5 evening height before starting back with yoga a week ago. Currently, I'm just below 5'10 in the morning at 5'9.8 or so barefoot. In the evening I typically shrink to 5'9.25 eventually and drop to 5'9.1 if I work out very hard for about 4-6 hours on that day. I know that the height gain temporary but if taking this supplement could help me continually retain my 5'9+ evening height then I would be glad.

I just ordered a bottle of an glucosamine supplement. I also hope to reach 5'10. It seems as the days go by that the gains are getting slower but I seem to be slowly be creeping up to 5'10, I'm so close and I hope that I can reach 5'10+ as a morning height and 5'9.5 as an evening height at least. I will see. I just started stretching so I guess I will really see if any further results come of this or not in a few months. I know that I have had some really, really, bad posture but did not realize that I may have been 5'10 this whole damn time and didn't evening freaking know it!

I now claim to be 5'9-5'10 which I believe is an honest statement. I do hope to be able to just say 5'10  some day. To reach 5'10.5 morning height and 5'10 evening height would great, that to me only  seems possible via this surgery. But I feel that I'd want at least 5'11 barefoot if I did decided that I wanted surgery though. Right now, with lifts that give me .6 inches in extra height I can reach as high as 5'11.75 with shoes on if it's straight out of bed. I can tell my proportions would be out of wack if I got past 5'11.5 or so barefoot. I hope to see some positive results from this supplement as well. So far, I've done yoga each day but less than when I initially started; I do it about thrice a day for about 10 minutes because I want to see more gains over time hopefully. I enjoy doing yoga(big stress relief) but I wonder if I can get to the point in the future to maybe do it thrice a week and still keep the results. I too hope that this or other methods can be a lasting alternative outside of surgery.

P.S. You guys have done well in your research on this forum man.

Hope everyone's height dreams can come true!

So you gained an inch from yoga? That's really impressive man. Can you share what yoga poses you do? I know little about yoga, but hear it loosens your body up, so I guess it loosens the spine and allows it to decompress somewhat.
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 04:37:06 AM »

So you gained an inch from yoga? That's really impressive man. Can you share what yoga poses you do? I know little about yoga, but hear it loosens your body up, so I guess it loosens the spine and allows it to decompress somewhat.

Thanks, I was shocked myself because I was not expecting much but after all the years of looking down while I walk, I wonder if I must of somehow developed very bad posture. I know that much of a change seems to be unusual so I blame my bad posture for it.
The stretches I have used are: forward bending, wall bridge, cobra, cat stretch and super cobra. Here are some links to the vids I used:

I plan to incorporate some different stretches to try to get more results. The results still seem to be coming but now at a very slow pace since I only do it a few times a day I guess. Also, I hope that it does not seem like I am promoting the gorwtaller4idiots because I will be the first to say that it is a scam to tell people they are guaranteed any results. I would say to anyone, do not buy the guide because I saw it posted for free, if you just google it, you will see. Also, you can just watch free Youtube videos for info on it I'm sure.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 04:40:57 AM »

This may sound like a noob but it seems to me that having a lower body fat can help. The spine has less pressure and it can relax more. I remember from these supposed people that said they grew they were skinny also and inverted with 20 lb dumbbells in each hand.

That's a good point, I'm in the process of losing 25 pounds mainly for health reasons. I'm 185 and trying to reach 160. The hanging exercise seems intense, I can imagine it working. I'd have to see if there is a spot in the gym to hang that way. There is a lat machine that I started hanging from though.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »

Also, it seems that stretching out really good before laying down helps. Today I measured myself after I woke up out of bed. I was stretching a good 12 minutes or so before bed. It's only after doing so that I now wake up past the plateau at right at 5'10 on the dot but that is very temporary and seems to quickly shift back down to 5'9.8 after about only 10 minutes or so. I will keep working at it to see if it can last longer or go further. I know this must sound like bs to some people but I will go to the doc to get measured again in a month or so and maybe I can post part of my records anonymously or something.

Bander72

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »

Yeah go to the doctor. With a stadiometer you will see if the gain is there but don't let them push your head down or they will measure you shorter.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

BillyG

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »

I have also started taking glucosamine, as well as couple other "supplements"   8)
Wouldnt be surprised to grow taller permanently, as my dad when he was my age was 5'6. He eventually grew up to 5'9.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2016, 01:56:17 AM »

Yeah go to the doctor. With a stadiometer you will see if the gain is there but don't let them push your head down or they will measure you shorter.

That's a good idea. I'm definitely confident about it. The main reason why I feel so sure of my results is because their measurements seem to reflect mine. When I went there last year, I was measured at 5'8.5. She kept telling me to stand up straight, possibly because I must have still been just under 5'9 at the time. Who know's, I may have been around 5'8.75 at the time but she may have rounded down instead of up. I didn't ask.

For my next appointment, I will schedule it in the morning to see what happens. I'd imagine by the time that I get there maybe they'll record me at 5'9.5 or so. I will make sure to ask the nurse for an exact measurement however. Hopefully there isn't more than a 1/4 inch difference between their measurements and mine.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2016, 01:57:19 AM »

That's a good idea. I'm definitely confident about it. The main reason why I feel so sure of my results is because their measurements seem to reflect mine. When I went there last year, I was measured at 5'8.5. She kept telling me to stand up straight, possibly because I must have still been just under 5'9 at the time. Who know's, I may have been around 5'8.75 at the time but she may have rounded down instead of up. I didn't ask.

For my next appointment, I will schedule it in the morning to see what happens. I'd imagine by the time that I get there maybe they'll record me at 5'9.5 or so. I will make sure to ask the nurse for an exact measurement however. Hopefully there isn't more than a 1/4 inch difference between their measurements and mine.

How old are you?
I learned some stuff during this time

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:10 AM »

How old are you?

I'm actually 29 years old.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 02:38:48 AM »

I have also started taking glucosamine, as well as couple other "supplements"   8)
Wouldnt be surprised to grow taller permanently, as my dad when he was my age was 5'6. He eventually grew up to 5'9.

That's great man! How old are you right now? My dad was 5'8, I can tell because my best friend is 5'9 and he had roughly an inch on my dad.

BillyG

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 08:10:10 AM »

That's great man! How old are you right now? My dad was 5'8, I can tell because my best friend is 5'9 and he had roughly an inch on my dad.

Mr.Bone

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »

Anyone has any update on glucosamine height gains after this long time?
banned for trolling/racist

Johnson1111

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »

Absolutely, but I can get lazy with inversion routines lol

myloginacc

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »

No glucosamine sulphate only "diaries", as far as I'm aware.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

battroll

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »

Ive been using inversion boots plus glucosamine plus mk677 for a few months. I gained around 0.5cm morning height and 0.8 overall height ( i dont lost as much height as before during the day)

My bones are bused but mk677 cause water retention and some of that water could be in my disks.

I also stopped deadlifting and squatting, that could.be a reason too.

Before I was 181.5cm in the morning and around 179.7cm at night and now im 182cm morning and 180.5cm at night.

Mr.Bone

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »

Ive been using inversion boots plus glucosamine plus mk677 for a few months. I gained around 0.5cm morning height and 0.8 overall height ( i dont lost as much height as before during the day)

My bones are bused but mk677 cause water retention and some of that water could be in my disks.

I also stopped deadlifting and squatting, that could.be a reason too.

Before I was 181.5cm in the morning and around 179.7cm at night and now im 182cm morning and 180.5cm at night.

All that for only 0.5cm? That is BAD!
banned for trolling/racist

battroll

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »

Yes, although ill continue taking glucosamine and mk677 since its helping with my shoulder pain
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up