Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Glucosamine Study - Small Height Increase (up to .8 CM) and Gravity Boots  (Read 41272 times)

NewHeights

Hi all. I am part of a small group on this forum who wants to explore alternatives to LL. I considered LL (am still considering to some degree) but because I only want a .5 inch to 1.5 inch height increase (currently 69.2" with a 70.5" arm span), I am exploring if there are alternatives to LL which can help me reach my goal. I have heard that people have gained up to 1" of extra height through inversion table or gravity boots and up to .8cm from using glucosamine supplements. All of this height was gained in the spine.

Has anyone experimented or plan on experimenting with either of these alternative remedies?

Here is the glocusamine study: average height gained after 8 weeks (page 3) was .39 cm with a standard deviation of +/- .44cm, so some gained .8cm (~1/3 inch)

Appreciate any comments. Thank you
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

NewHeights

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

Nicki

• Visitor

This seems interesting,how much would the  glucosamine supplements cost and do you know  anyone who has tried the supplements?

NewHeights

I don't personally know anyone who has tried this for spinal elongation (It is an uncomfortable subject to bring up with friends and family), but I do know people who have used it to support connective tissue, and it works extremely well. Also, someone on this forum achieved +5 mm of additional spinal height from using this, which is consistent with the study.

The standard dose is 1500 mg per day with choindroitin. It is relatively inexpensive and can be purchased at Costco, CVS, or Walgreens. This was also the amount used in the study.

I am going to try a Glucosamine/Choindroitin supplement for 12 weeks and report back.

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln

These are not permanent - those methods don't apply to bones, but apply to the tissue; However, they can keep their length if you plan to do this everyday for the rest of your life.
5"6 and proud

NewHeights

You are right about having to do it every day, but people brush their teeth every day to keep them healthy... what's popping 2 glucosamine tablets to keep the extra height? Inversion table might be too much of a commitment though. At least that's my philosophy. Plus there are additional benefits to glucosamine, such as improved joint and tendon strength and health.

Nicki

• Visitor

I"ll be waiting on the report back,please let me know your results after 12 weeks,Good Luck!

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln

You are right about having to do it every day, but people brush their teeth every day to keep them healthy... what's popping 2 glucosamine tablets to keep the extra height? Inversion table might be too much of a commitment though. At least that's my philosophy. Plus there are additional benefits to glucosamine, such as improved joint and tendon strength and health.

Absolutely, but I can get lazy with inversion routines lol
5"6 and proud

joax

This is ridiculous for only .8 CM. Have you even thought about the long-term side effects? I'd consider it for at least a 5CM gain. .8CM centimeters is nothing, while you're putting your health on the line.

NewHeights

I don't think this is ridiculous, .8 cm (1/3 inch) gain is relatively significant, and the gain could potentially be 2 - 3 cm when combined with gravity boots or an inversion table. You also have to look at this from my perspective. I am 69.2" tall at night, and only want a .5" to 1.5" gain in height. Being a solid 5' 10" is all I want (although 5' 11" is my dream height), and honestly, I think that any girls who only want a 6' or taller guy are jackasses and I try to avoid them. Being 5' 10" would allow me to avoid such girls.

As for the risks, I agree that their may be some degree of risk to taking glucosamine, however, this supplement has been studied for long-term use up to 6 years, and there have been VERY few reported long-term side effects. Let's put things into perspective here... Do you honestly think that taking glucosamine supplements carry more health risks than LL?

Long-term inversion on the other hand could potentially mess your back up.

ForcedPuberty

Re: Glucosamine Study - Small Height Increase (up to .8 CM) and Gravity Boots
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:02:15 PM »

glucosamine........risks.............AHAHAHAHAHA

I don't want to live in this world.

why don't you look up the risks for any medication in existence including something like panadol.

glucosamine has no more risk than a multivitamin or vitamin e tablet. that's just retarded.

Side Effects

List Panadol Extra Strength side effects by likelihood and severity.

The following side effects are associated with Panadol Extra Strength:

Common/rare side effects of Panadol Extra Strength:

Acute Liver Failure
Acute Pustular Eruptions on SkinS
Decreased Blood Platelets
Decreased Neutrophils a Type of White Blood Cell
Decreased White Blood Cells
Deficiency of Granulocytes a Type of White Blood Cell
Discolored Spots and Small Elevations of the Skin
Giant Hives
Hepatitis caused by Drugs
Inflammation of Skin caused by an Allergy
Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
Vocal Cord Swelling
HivesLess
RashLess
Redness of Skin

and your going to be taking a fk load more than panadol during leg lengthening. why are people so retarded when it comes to nutrition.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Shor7Guy

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 03:09:06 PM »

does this increase the morning height? if so does it keep your boosted morning height the same all day?

GeTs

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »

I don't think this is ridiculous, .8 cm (1/3 inch) gain is relatively significant, and the gain could potentially be 2 - 3 cm when combined with gravity boots or an inversion table. You also have to look at this from my perspective. I am 69.2" tall at night, and only want a .5" to 1.5" gain in height. Being a solid 5' 10" is all I want (although 5' 11" is my dream height), and honestly, I think that any girls who only want a 6' or taller guy are jackasses and I try to avoid them. Being 5' 10" would allow me to avoid such girls.

As for the risks, I agree that their may be some degree of risk to taking glucosamine, however, this supplement has been studied for long-term use up to 6 years, and there have been VERY few reported long-term side effects. Let's put things into perspective here... Do you honestly think that taking glucosamine supplements carry more health risks than LL?

Long-term inversion on the other hand could potentially mess your back up.
1.5 cm is a big difference to me

NewHeights

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 07:27:36 PM »

The study says that the increase in height is "most likely" retained morning height

Shor7Guy

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »

so if i am 173.5 in morning (like straight away wake up measure) taking this would just keep me at that height all day? thats still good if it is so cus its all torso height which helps proportion Nazis like myself.

GeTs

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 02:46:17 PM »

so if i am 173.5 in morning (like straight away wake up measure) taking this would just keep me at that height all day? thats still good if it is so cus its all torso height which helps proportion Nazis like myself.
I think, if u're 173.5 in the morning then you're 172 at night, glucosamine will help you mantain part of your morning height so instead of you being 172 at night you'll be 172.8, but what if you do stretching exercises and hanging so you become 174-175 in the morning?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 03:54:39 AM »

ive followed up on this.

i did my own testing.

i am 174.5 in the morning.

with glucosamine, i keep my height at 173.5-174.5 for hours and hours.

which means i can confidently say my height is probably 174 until early-late afternoon.

evening height, well it increased by 0.5 cm, as expected.

i tried dosing more, ie, i went up to 10,000 mg. not much effect. doing so is stupid i know, but i was desperate.

taking too much = diabetes risk, tho some studies say its OK.

so, do what the study says,take 750 mg glucosamine, twice a day. (i think thats btr than 1500 mg in one pill).

what i do now? 1000 mg twice a day.

i tried also hyaluronic acid, it does not work. somehow ur body seems to shut down its own production, and ur height gain from glucosamine.. disappears!

Shor7Guy

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 04:40:02 AM »

ive followed up on this.

i did my own testing.

which means i can confidently say my height is probably 174 until early-late afternoon.

i tried dosing more, ie, i went up to 10,000 mg. not much effect. doing so is stupid i know, but i was desperate.

so, do what the study says,take 750 mg glucosamine, twice a day. (i think thats btr than 1500 mg in one pill).

i tried also hyaluronic acid, it does not work. somehow ur body seems to shut down its own production, and ur height gain from glucosamine.. disappears!

When you take twice a day what times? Wouldn't the morning height remain same even at midnight if you take the pills throughout the day? Can you try this? Also when you took 10,000mg did you take that throughout day or just twice or once?

NewHeights

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 01:14:53 PM »

ive followed up on this.

i did my own testing.

How long have you done your own testing? I think maximum results were obtained after 8 weeks according to the study

ItsMyLife

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

When you take twice a day what times? Wouldn't the morning height remain same even at midnight if you take the pills throughout the day? Can you try this? Also when you took 10,000mg did you take that throughout day or just twice or once?

i took 1500 mg many times a day.. doesn't work..
still, 0.5 cm at the end of the day...
probably retains ur height a little longer.

fahimmuchi

• Visitor

guys I have been doing the growtaller4idiots for 8 weeks as well as the GTG's first grow taller workouts . I gained like 1.3 cm in my morning height so far,I haven't gained any height lately though,maybe my posture just got better.Did you guys hear about skintightlflash? he grew from 171.5 cm to 175.9 cm in about 2 years  just by stretching and eating right,and yes he does take supplements

here is a link to my youtube channel ,this is my week 15 vlog

here is the link to skintightflash's channel

Uppland

Well mate there are a lot of scams going around, please reassure us by doing these things:

-Tell us how exactly this is supposed to work, because it does not make sense that supplements will increase your height after growth plate closure.

-Prove that you are not trying to sell anything, perhaps give it away for free or tell us how we can get the program with no cost at all.

That said, 1.3CM is not an unreasonable gain by just stretching the spine, which is what I assume that you are doing.

maximize

I take glucosamine daily because although the evidence is mixed, there is some evidence for joint health which is important for anti-aging. I also take some hyaluronic acid and hydrolyzed collagen powder daily. I buy them all in the powdered forms and blend them into shakes I drink with other things in it as well (kind of a homemade meal replacement deal).

I don't know if it helps me retain my morning height. I just take it for my skin/joints.

Also for reference, I bought a Teeter inversion table for $1k 2 years ago. It's sat almost completely unused since and I'll be selling it on Kijiji/Craigslist. Inversion is uncomfortable, my head feels like it's going to explode when I'm down, I get lightheaded when I come back up, and it pulls on the ankles. I really couldn't do it every day for the rest of my life. If it was going to give me an inch or more, maybe. Otherwise no thanks.

fahimmuchi

• Visitor

well I am gonna do this for 2 years,see how much height I can gain,I am hoping to get to 175 cm in the morning within next february 2016

Bruno Mars

Confirmed Glucosamine worked. Been taking 2 pills a day. Increase of 0,5 cm in evening height.

onemorefoot

Yes it works, but it goes away if you stop taking it, so ll is the only option.
Budget will determine my future.

zeel55

• Visitor

Hey all, I have just ordered glucosamine sulphate, just wanted to know if i am 168.5 in the morning and 167 in the evening, would that mean i have a chance of adding those 1.5cms to my height or just a minimal .5.
Thank you

onemorefoot

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 05:40:04 AM »

Inversion table is very dangerous, personally I wouldnt do it, take the pills instead. Read naturalheightgrowth, the guy there tried it and reported back pain, so he stopped doing it and lost he height he gained.

EndGame

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 09:56:34 AM »

Inversion table is very dangerous, personally I wouldnt do it, take the pills instead. Read naturalheightgrowth, the guy there tried it and reported back pain, so he stopped doing it and lost he height he gained.

What makes it dangerous? Using it too much? What is the typical usage suggested?

onemorefoot

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »

In general, in a long term it could cause problems in the spine;  if someone wants to achieve more height he/she would have to use it for a long time.

standinstrong1

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 01:25:32 AM »

Hi all. I am part of a small group on this forum who wants to explore alternatives to LL. I considered LL (am still considering to some degree) but because I only want a .5 inch to 1.5 inch height increase (currently 69.2" with a 70.5" arm span), I am exploring if there are alternatives to LL which can help me reach my goal. I have heard that people have gained up to 1" of extra height through inversion table or gravity boots and up to .8cm from using glucosamine supplements. All of this height was gained in the spine.

Has anyone experimented or plan on experimenting with either of these alternative remedies?

Here is the glocusamine study: average height gained after 8 weeks (page 3) was .39 cm with a standard deviation of +/- .44cm, so some gained .8cm (~1/3 inch)

Appreciate any comments. Thank you

I'm glad that this topic was brought back to the top. Read the OP was like reading my own thoughts. I started out at 5'9 morning height, 5'8.5 evening height before starting back with yoga a week ago. Currently, I'm just below 5'10 in the morning at 5'9.8 or so barefoot. In the evening I typically shrink to 5'9.25 eventually and drop to 5'9.1 if I work out very hard for about 4-6 hours on that day. I know that the height gain temporary but if taking this supplement could help me continually retain my 5'9+ evening height then I would be glad.

I just ordered a bottle of an glucosamine supplement. I also hope to reach 5'10. It seems as the days go by that the gains are getting slower but I seem to be slowly be creeping up to 5'10, I'm so close and I hope that I can reach 5'10+ as a morning height and 5'9.5 as an evening height at least. I will see. I just started stretching so I guess I will really see if any further results come of this or not in a few months. I know that I have had some really, really, bad posture but did not realize that I may have been 5'10 this whole damn time and didn't evening freaking know it!

I now claim to be 5'9-5'10 which I believe is an honest statement. I do hope to be able to just say 5'10  some day. To reach 5'10.5 morning height and 5'10 evening height would great, that to me only  seems possible via this surgery. But I feel that I'd want at least 5'11 barefoot if I did decided that I wanted surgery though. Right now, with lifts that give me .6 inches in extra height I can reach as high as 5'11.75 with shoes on if it's straight out of bed. I can tell my proportions would be out of wack if I got past 5'11.5 or so barefoot. I hope to see some positive results from this supplement as well. So far, I've done yoga each day but less than when I initially started; I do it about thrice a day for about 10 minutes because I want to see more gains over time hopefully. I enjoy doing yoga(big stress relief) but I wonder if I can get to the point in the future to maybe do it thrice a week and still keep the results. I too hope that this or other methods can be a lasting alternative outside of surgery.

P.S. You guys have done well in your research on this forum man.

Hope everyone's height dreams can come true!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up