Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help explaining to parents  (Read 3047 times)

llx54511

• Saul
Need help explaining to parents
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:47:38 AM »

Height matters. Obviously as many of us know, height has a lot of influence on a mans character/personality. Unfortunately my parents mostly my mother believes height does not matter. She supports my decision of surgery however she still believes and tells me that height does not matter. She says that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and accept myself for who I am. She says if a man is short, he should still be confident and not let his height get to him. I try to explain that in our culture, society overly favors men that are tall. Tall men generally get more respect, women, friends, etc.

Also you cannot just "be confident" like she says. It's very easy, basically natural to be confident when your tall. She believes it's in our heads. So if you have had a hard time in life because of your height, please explain how and why if you can. I really need to get her to see that I'm not the only one who "let's height get the best of me" and that short men DO have it harder and society DOES favor tall men. Also if you can link any relevant articles and or studies on the psychological/psychosocial effects of short stature on men that would be great.
Morning: ~162cm
Night: ~161cm
Wingspan: 174cm
Realistic Goal: 172cm
Ultimate Goal: ~177cm

Uppland

Re: Need help explaining to parents
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:29:39 AM »

My parents say the same thing I know they mean well but I feel like my mom at least should understand how much of a mans masculinity is defined by his body size. Dad has been relatively tall all his life so I understand if he thinks it's a none-issue.

Smallguy

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 04:22:17 AM »

Well, my ex-gf also told me that height doesn't matter and looks is not important. What's important is on the inside. But I never seen a fat and ugly chick dating a tall and handsome man (and intelligent) unless she really makes up for it by being super rich and vice versa.

Do you have a gf? If you don't, you can tell your mom, "that's why." Height counts.

I assume you need your mother to understand because she will be paying for the surgery. Because if not, we live in a democratic society and you can go do LL with your own money.

I think the reason for not having a GF is a good excuse to tell your mother. Otherwise, you can show her charts of how taller men makes more money then shorter men. And if she watches drama, you can tell her that the main characters are always the tall, handsome and smart guy. And the villain or the secondary characters are short. Or you can tell her to loan you the money and after you come back taller and get a new job, you can pay her back. My salary increase by 20% after I came back.

if you need more advice, let me know. I have 28 years of life experience.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:54:30 AM »

I have a better idea.

ask you mom if she would marry a man much shoter than herself?

ask your mom did she marry a man taller or shorter than herself?

ask your mom how many men she dated who were taller and how many men were shorter than she is?

then tell her she is part of the problem because in society women discriminate against men because of their height but it is subconscious and they don't realize it. they do it without even noticing they do it. and this is the reason why she always picked tall men. because the short men were not good enough for her.

game/set/match :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

GeTs

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »

Height doesn't matter because she's already with the family idea and she's happy, and women never admit what they think, if u weren't her son she would've looked in a completely different way at this situation

Disobedient

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »

161cm really short for a man .. if you're being bullied in college or so try to record that and show it to her with a teary eyes, or even stage that and record it ..

if she is really believing that personality is everything and it's only in your head I doubt you'll convince her even if you'll show her many statics and studies..

Do you have a gf? If you don't, you can tell your mom, "that's why." Height counts.

nah, then she'll try to arrange a date for him .. mothers love that, so this would be her golden chance!! 

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »

My salary increase by 20% after I came back.

if you need more advice, let me know. I have 28 years of life experience.

Thanks for the tips, did your salary really increase?

Can you expand on that a little, do you think it was because of you height increase?

Smallguy

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 06:09:41 AM »

Thanks for the tips, did your salary really increase?

Can you expand on that a little, do you think it was because of you height increase?

No, height increase is just a superficial change. Just like any cosmetic surgery, it has no effect on your resume or job competency.  Other sees me as the same. Before I wore lift, so that gave me from 5'6 to 5'8. But after I came back, I wore these luxurious Mephisto flat shoes and my height is 5'9. So I'm basically the same. What it did give me though is confident. Before I was insecure and couldn't see myself as becoming manager. But now, I feel like I can direct and tell other people what to do.

Do you know mountain climbing? My city has a lot of mountains. These days, I check out which mountain has the best view and trek on to climb it. It is dangerous and sometime I find myself lost in the mountain for a day. In a way, life is very similar to mountain climbing. People who are insecure and lazy would only stay on the bottom of the mountain, like how I was content with being an accountant. But they would never get to see the view at the top. LL is like the hiking boots that give me the extra boost in confident. I was able to take the risk and make the effort to trek up the mountain to enjoy the beautiful view that life has to offer.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Uppland

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 06:51:12 AM »

Cheers mate.

I had that confidence but I lost it in a few weeks last year. Now I'm not sure if I can get it back if I don't do this surgery but I've never done anything this crazy before.

theuprising

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:19 AM »

Ultimately it is your choice to have LL unless of course you are asking your parents to pay for it.

KrP1

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 01:05:43 AM »

No, height increase is just a superficial change. Just like any cosmetic surgery, it has no effect on your resume or job competency.  Other sees me as the same. Before I wore lift, so that gave me from 5'6 to 5'8. But after I came back, I wore these luxurious Mephisto flat shoes and my height is 5'9. So I'm basically the same. What it did give me though is confident. Before I was insecure and couldn't see myself as becoming manager. But now, I feel like I can direct and tell other people what to do.

Do you know mountain climbing? My city has a lot of mountains. These days, I check out which mountain has the best view and trek on to climb it. It is dangerous and sometime I find myself lost in the mountain for a day. In a way, life is very similar to mountain climbing. People who are insecure and lazy would only stay on the bottom of the mountain, like how I was content with being an accountant. But they would never get to see the view at the top. LL is like the hiking boots that give me the extra boost in confident. I was able to take the risk and make the effort to trek up the mountain to enjoy the beautiful view that life has to offer.

wow really nice man

Moubgf

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 01:17:18 AM »

wow really nice man

Or maaaaybe he actually got better social feedback after surgery. Maybe maybe just maybe that might be it? Would be silly to call it kunfidense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up