Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The cure - alternative to LL  (Read 2844 times)

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
The cure - alternative to LL
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:11:39 PM »

As stated in the title above, I am an individual of height neurosis/dysphoria. Of course, that is why I'm here. However, my experiences of my environment has pushed my mindset to that extent - which had me down for some of the things I couldn't do because of my height. (The first being riding that roller coaster when I was ten, and seeing my schoolmates have a blast on it without me.)

My dad won a lot of competitions for strength. Even though we are of the same height, he would rank first on bench, squats, dead lifts, and arm wrestling. While I am his son, I resemble a lot of him, but I am fairly weak. Although, seeing him a week ago, he told me he was exactly like me, and all he had to do was work for it.

So what do I do? I started lifting for the first time, and results were quick:

I got from lifting a 10-15 pound dumbbells to 55 in two weeks. I beat 6 out of the eight heavylifters in my gym at arm wrestling. I know that arm wrestling doesn't determine much in terms of overall strength, but height doesn't determine much in overall success. I'm not genetically gifted, but I worked pretty damn hard.

I remember in 6th grade, I tried everything to grow, so I could dunk a ten foot rim. Even to this day, I wish I could grow to jump high and dunk, soaring in freedom that I felt has been lost.

However, I found out recently on how CLL can vastly affect your athletic ability. I was going to do what apotheosis/sysop did on MakeMeTaller, but we all know how that turned out. He even said that he would "post dunk videos" but that is never going to happen.

Last night, I came across certain articles about a man named Brandon Todd. He can dunk, but he's 5"5 (167cm). I didn't think this was real, but people below 5"9 are able to participate in dunk competitions.

So I did some thinking, either to lose the athletic ability and experience the norm, or be something unreal.

Since I am not going to do CLL for many years to come, I am going to use that time to reach those parameters along with other areas as well. Yes, it's highly unlikely I will achieve it, but like LL, you have to see what your body does.

Once that goal has been reached, I will grant the opportunity for someone of my pick to take my position of lengthening, because I won't be able to maintain that goal once lengthened.

However, I made this topic so that if some of you have certain goals, post your progress here for open criticism and support. If you are not doing it, there's plenty such as talent, finance (For LL or not), relationships, etc.
5"6 and proud

GeTs

Re: The cure - alternative to LL
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:57:54 PM »

Please stop, I don't have height dysphoria, I just want to be taller more than anything else

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 11:06:56 PM »

If you didn't have height dysphoria, then you wouldn't desire to be taller "more than anything else" and wouldn't have taken the time to seek out a limb lengthening board and spend so much time on it.

Don't gotta lie to kick it bro.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 12:12:56 AM »

As stated in the title above, I am an individual of height neurosis/dysphoria. Of course, that is why I'm here. However, my experiences of my environment has pushed my mindset to that extent - which had me down for some of the things I couldn't do because of my height. (The first being riding that roller coaster when I was ten, and seeing my schoolmates have a blast on it without me.)

My dad won a lot of competitions for strength. Even though we are of the same height, he would rank first on bench, squats, dead lifts, and arm wrestling. While I am his son, I resemble a lot of him, but I am fairly weak. Although, seeing him a week ago, he told me he was exactly like me, and all he had to do was work for it.

So what do I do? I started lifting for the first time, and results were quick:

I got from lifting a 10-15 pound dumbbells to 55 in two weeks. I beat 6 out of the eight heavylifters in my gym at arm wrestling. I know that arm wrestling doesn't determine much in terms of overall strength, but height doesn't determine much in overall success. I'm not genetically gifted, but I worked pretty damn hard.

I remember in 6th grade, I tried everything to grow, so I could dunk a ten foot rim. Even to this day, I wish I could grow to jump high and dunk, soaring in freedom that I felt has been lost.

However, I found out recently on how CLL can vastly affect your athletic ability. I was going to do what apotheosis/sysop did on MakeMeTaller, but we all know how that turned out. He even said that he would "post dunk videos" but that is never going to happen.

Last night, I came across certain articles about a man named Brandon Todd. He can dunk, but he's 5"5 (167cm). I didn't think this was real, but people below 5"9 are able to participate in dunk competitions.

So I did some thinking, either to lose the athletic ability and experience the norm, or be something unreal.

Since I am not going to do CLL for many years to come, I am going to use that time to reach those parameters along with other areas as well. Yes, it's highly unlikely I will achieve it, but like LL, you have to see what your body does.

Once that goal has been reached, I will grant the opportunity for someone of my pick to take my position of lengthening, because I won't be able to maintain that goal once lengthened.

However, I made this topic so that if some of you have certain goals, post your progress here for open criticism and support. If you are not doing it, there's plenty such as talent, finance (For LL or not), relationships, etc.

how tall are u?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 04:09:33 AM »

You don't lose athletic ability from ll. Most doctors will tell you that; I emailed Dr. Guichet about the subject, because I'm a powerlifter and concerned about losing strength in my lower body. He said that he has had plenty of bodybuilders and cyclists get ll at his clinic and then go on to win prestigious, nation-wide competitions.

I am strong in the three big lifts, but I still want ll.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:58 AM »

If you didn't have height dysphoria, then you wouldn't desire to be taller "more than anything else" and wouldn't have taken the time to seek out a limb lengthening board and spend so much time on it.

Don't gotta lie to kick it bro.
nope, I just made my mind up that I like my new height

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 01:06:45 AM »

You don't lose athletic ability from ll. Most doctors will tell you that; I emailed Dr. Guichet about the subject, because I'm a powerlifter and concerned about losing strength in my lower body. He said that he has had plenty of bodybuilders and cyclists get ll at his clinic and then go on to win prestigious, nation-wide competitions.

I am strong in the three big lifts, but I still want ll.

Even the G-man himself? What about Leechlet? but I heard his effects were due to misconduct pre/post op, but a few other diaries of Guichet had explained how they become much less athletic, but can engage in physical activity for only much lesser of a threshold. 

Unlike my dad, I revolved my life around the ability of my legs, but why not lengthen when I revolve my life sitting in front of a computer on my cubicle? But I'll work my way for the big three, but LL is more of a want for me rather than a necessity.

Please stop, I don't have height dysphoria, I just want to be taller more than anything else

That's the power of clicking the home button and ignoring this thread entirely. I'm not integrating this perspective to your daily life. Besides, if I have to wait to lengthen, why not persist on opportunities until the time comes?

how tall are u?

5"6 barefoot, 5"9 with shoes.
5"6 and proud

ReadRothbard

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 03:35:20 AM »

I haven't seen anyone say that the lost athletic ability with Dr. Guichet (except for leechlet). Who are you talking about?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up