Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why no one ever talks about this... Biomechanics!  (Read 7167 times)

Wazzup

Why no one ever talks about this... Biomechanics!
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:19:39 AM »

Ok I've been following both ll forums for a while and the conclusion is that in orther to gain height you will allways loose something.

One segment:
       Problem -> tibia to femur ratio
Two segments:
       Benefit -> more height
       Problem -> more expensive, more down time, wingspan to height ratio, sitting height to height ratio.

So know it is time for the femur vs tibia challenge. My conclusion is that it is very subjective and it depends on our starting pont. Beside the mock ups here are some points that made me want to go for femurs instead of tibias:

- you can use boots/insoles in orther to improve the tibia to femur ratio.
- you can use longer shirts in orther to appear to have a taller torso and smaller femurs
- less painfull
- smaller recovery time

But this is all irrelevant, what it matters is what no one ever talks! Biomechanically speaking imagine someone with an average tibia to femur ratio goes for +6,5cm. Where would walking flow better? Both perfecg? Femur? Tibia?

Why everybody talks about proportions and no one ever talks on how walking flows in the long term (+3 years after operation). Will he feal that something isn't right? Or will it be completely normal?

This is my major concern. For more that I hate beeing short I do not want to do this operation if I have to live the rest of my life knowing that walking doesn't go 100% as it used to.

Thank you all, Wazzup
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:52:30 AM by Wazzup »

TomD

• Private
Re: Why no one ever talks about this... Biomechanics!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 06:28:59 PM »

I have been speaking continually on this issue.

For those of us choosing CLL and have normal femur/ tibia ratios, the idea of doing one set is not an option for me. We have relied on hundreds of thousands of years of evolution to craft our body parts to specific standards to optimize our ability to move on our feet. The ones who could not were most likely eaten by predators or killed by other humans and did not leave a lot of offspring.

While we are no longer cavemen, our physical engineering remains somewhat important to the way we walk but its my belief that it will be exasperated when we try to run or pivot while changing direction. We would literally need to relearn how to do all those things with different ratios.

If doing both means we have shorter wingspan I put up with it. Unless we look like a T Rex, the untrained eye wont notice anyways and if they do just tell em you have long legs. That is a plausible explanation.

theuprising

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »

You bring up an interesting point. This is another one of the reasons most doctors performing CLL recommend safe lengthening amounts, the more you lengthen the more you mess up your biomechanics. Not just the tib/femur ratio but leg/toro and wingspan.

joax

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »

The brain can adapt to a lot of things, LL included. The brain doesn't really care if we're 10 feet long or 4 feet long, it ADAPTS. It doesn't even care if we have hands or tentacles. That's why I think remote controlling of things with the brain (via some kind of skin sensor) is the future of technology. There's a pretty interesting book about this topic, I'll share it if I remember the name.

endomorphisme

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »

The brain can adapt to a lot of things, LL included. The brain doesn't really care if we're 10 feet long or 4 feet long, it ADAPTS. It doesn't even care if we have hands or tentacles. That's why I think remote controlling of things with the brain (via some kind of skin sensor) is the future of technology. There's a pretty interesting book about this topic, I'll share it if I remember the name.

i'have tinnitus for 3 years and my brain has never adapted in the sense i still hear them and the bother me , sometimes, but i have no choice, i have to deal with it.
Anyway, do you think only 4 cm with tibia will alter your biomechanich?

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:46:42 PM »

I recall a few patients who claimed post recovery that they feel disproportionate.
5"6 and proud

ReadRothbard

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 12:05:06 AM »

Ok I've been following both ll forums for a while and the conclusion is that in orther to gain height you will allways loose something.

One segment:
       Problem -> tibia to femur ratio
Two segments:
       Benefit -> more height
       Problem -> more expensive, more down time, wingspan to height ratio, sitting height to height ratio.

So know it is time for the femur vs tibia challenge. My conclusion is that it is very subjective and it depends on our starting pont. Beside the mock ups here are some points that made me want to go for femurs instead of tibias:

- you can use boots/insoles in orther to improve the tibia to femur ratio.
- you can use longer shirts in orther to appear to have a taller torso and smaller femurs
- less painfull
- smaller recovery time

But this is all irrelevant, what it matters is what no one ever talks! Biomechanically speaking imagine someone with an average tibia to femur ratio goes for +6,5cm. Where would walking flow better? Both perfecg? Femur? Tibia?

Why everybody talks about proportions and no one ever talks on how walking flows in the long term (+3 years after operation). Will he feal that something isn't right? Or will it be completely normal?

This is my major concern. For more that I hate beeing short I do not want to do this operation if I have to live the rest of my life knowing that walking doesn't go 100% as it used to.

Thank you all, Wazzup

This is pretty much why I am doing two operations; I want maintain my original tibia to femur proportions.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Wazzup

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:42:31 AM »

What your saying can go both ways. I can use your point of view and say": according to other animals we are the only ones that use shoes and we weren't made to use them. So lenghtening femurs in 6 cm would be like correcting the +2cm from shoes and only +4 in femurs.

Even knowing my armspan is +7cm than my original height I believe that in my casr going beyond +6,5cm in total would be too much for my sitting height (88cm but no butt doe)

What do you think of my proportions: first picture is just me, second and thrid picture is me plus 6,7 and forth picture is me plus 10,8. I know that I need to gain some fat and some muscle.
https://unsee.cc/taseruni/
Where do you think I look better. This is really important to me, thank you all :))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:51:48 AM by Wazzup »

Blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:58:28 AM »

Your tibs look like they are a decent length.  I would probably do femurs first and see if you're happy enough with that.  The forth pic you look a little leggy but it doesn't look too bad.

How tall are you?

Wazzup

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:07:36 AM »

Only 1,65 and the average here is 1,73 I don't want to be tall i just don't want to be short. You want to hear something funny. You all complain that men must tower women, well that is not true!

I've already datted taller women and my mother is 10cm or 4 inches taller than my father. My mother is 1,67 when my father is only 1,57. And i must say my father was sucessful in life and never showed signs of height neurosis.

From my mothers side everybody is tall, even my 80years old grandmother is taller than me
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:51:16 AM by Wazzup »

LiveLife

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 05:13:40 AM »

Wazzup,

3 looks best. 4 is not bad either. 2 looks unproportionate. 
In fact, I think you could increase 3 to a couple more and that would still look good.

LiveLife

Blackhawk

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 05:14:07 AM »

I'm 167, the average where I live is 176 I think.  I would be happy also being around average. 

Wazzup

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 05:36:48 AM »

I'm 167, the average where I live is 176 I think.  I would be happy also being around average.
Beeing average is more that ok. I would even say that it is a bit non-sense to go through all this if you are already near average.

I allways laugh when some dude come here and says. The differance between 1,75 to 182 is much bigger than from 1,65 to 1,72. Well serious are you fuxking serious!

I doubt you all 1,80 that want to do leg lenghtenig prefer winter over summer, only becuase during summer you can't use boots in orther to appear 3cm taller :)

With plus 6,5 and boots i will be 1,75! My ratios will be ok and It will be perfect. Just imagening beeing taller than my grand-mother and mother and also 90% of women around here will be more than enough!!! I really don't want to ruin my biomechanics, proportions and my long term health  because of 3 extra cm.

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 09:53:44 AM »

This has been discussed and I am always on the conservative side. Would never harm my body just to be 10CM taller instead of 6, actually when I first joined here I was determined to not go beyond 4,5CM but now I am open to maybe doing up to 6,5CM.

Anyway I think "less is better" is a good rule of thumb. The less you lengthen the safer and more proportionate you will be.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »

Only 1,65 and the average here is 1,73 I don't want to be tall i just don't want to be short. You want to hear something funny. You all complain that men must tower women, well that is not true!

I've already datted taller women and my mother is 10cm or 4 inches taller than my father. My mother is 1,67 when my father is only 1,57. And i must say my father was sucessful in life and never showed signs of height neurosis.

From my mothers side everybody is tall, even my 80years old grandmother is taller than me

are u singaporean

Wazzup

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »

Actually I'm an European from Portugal. It appears that the link is broken. So here it is again, what you think  ;D
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=beae9b0

Moubgf

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 02:55:34 PM »

Actually I'm an European from Portugal. It appears that the link is broken. So here it is again, what you think  ;D
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=beae9b0

you can get the 4th picture if you get juicy. I would stop at 3d picture.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 04:01:27 PM »

you can get the 4th picture if you get juicy. I would stop at 3d picture.

I think he could pull off the fourth picture, but he's definitely going to have a reputation for basketball-player sized legs.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Wazzup

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 12:31:05 AM »

Ok i do not want to be called that because of the spider legs i would have after leg lenghtening. So u all agree that 3 picture is the best.

Well so lets just finish college beg parents for half the money, work or get a loan for the other half and go with Dr.Guichet. Main problem might be on how to gain some muscles and fat on my legs, I've allways been thin.

Would be nice if other people come here to share theirs opinions. The more the best! Ahah thank you all! http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=beae9b0

Overdozer

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 12:58:57 AM »

Third picture looks the best, it's pretty obvious. Tibias too high on the second and legs overall too long on the fourth. Btw, can you measure the distance between the ground to your belly button?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

TomD

• Private
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 05:34:48 AM »

What do you think of my proportions: first picture is just me, second and thrid picture is me plus 6,7 and forth picture is me plus 10,8. I know that I need to gain some fat and some muscle.
Where do you think I look better. This is really important to me, thank you all :))

You look great here. 13cm looks fine on you.  :D

Wazzup

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:40 AM »

Hi TomD not 100% sure if you are serious or trolling. But if i had to bet i would say you are joking.
None of the mock ups are 13,5cms and the link is broken, so here is the new one. 8) http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=beae9b0

ReadRothbard

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 07:47:51 AM »

He thought that you meant 6 cm on the tibias and 7 cm on the femurs altogether.

Future space tycoon

TomD

• Private
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 07:49:13 AM »

I am too old to 'troll' anyone. Sorry if I gave you that impression  :)

I looked at the photos and the third one looks the best. Then I read that is where you did 6,7 so I assumed you meant 6 on tibs and 7 on femurs = 13.

The new link you put up is the same photos I saw. If it is 13cm combined then you look good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up