Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: One Step Closer - External tibias, femurs, humerus - Petersburg, Russia  (Read 93626 times)

Overdozer

Re: One Step Closer - External tibias, femurs, humerus - Petersburg, Russia
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2016, 06:20:21 PM »

January 18

Started working on my knee ROM. Already seeing some progress because I'm going full HAM. My method is:
1. Take some painkillers (the more the better)
2. Sit on a chair while browsing the internet and just let your leg hang with your slippers/shoes/boots (boots later on)
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Also don't forget to extend your knee from time to time.

Alternative is lying around browsing the internet and placing your leg on your other flexed leg.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Peaceout

« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »

hi,update?
Any news about your arm lengthening?

Overdozer

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2016, 03:53:52 PM »

hi,update?
Any news about your arm lengthening?
Well, I have full knee ROM now in both legs. Ankle ROM also improved quite a bit, but I still feel stiffness in the mornings. Walking is fine, but anything more than that - meh. I feel like I would need another 2 years to recover "fully". I've put AL on hold for now, have to deal with some RL things.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Peaceout

« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2016, 05:28:30 PM »

How are you dozer?

Overdozer

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2016, 08:01:23 PM »

Fine. I have full ROM now both in my knees and ankles. Legs are straight. I don't feel soft tissues stretching anymore in the mornings. I use the stairs much more comfortably now. My gait has improved a LOT. Squats are also much easier now. Still there's a way to go. Well being honest, I'm quite lazy with my "training program" which consists of me sitting behind my pc 24/7. Well I work in IT and also most of my entertainment comes from it so... I'm quite impressed with the results considering I give like nothing. Definitely need to walk more. Breath some air ya know. Will do.

guichethope

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2016, 12:31:51 PM »

Hi can you put pics of your scars please , hope you are doing well by the way

hype88

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »

Hey mate,

I'm looking at going with the same doctor, I just wanted to know how much did it cost you to do two segments and how much time did you have away from home and work?

Overdozer

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »

Hi can you put pics of your scars please , hope you are doing well by the way
Scars not that good looking, though mostly they're all white already and I can't care less about them. Not uploading pics right now.

Hey mate,

I'm looking at going with the same doctor, I just wanted to know how much did it cost you to do two segments and how much time did you have away from home and work?

Keep in mind that I'm a local patient. I live in St Petersburg. I think prices are a little higher for international patients plus you have to pay for visa, flights, rent, etc. It cost me around 600 000 rubles or as of this date less than 10000$ (20000$ back in the days when ruble wasn't dead - before Ukraine invasion)

So yeah I stayed mostly home. Left the hospital 10 days after the surgery, that helped to cut down the costs as hospital stay isn't cheap for 1 room. My work also doesn't require me to go anywhere, I freelance when I want to, so yeah I wasn't away from my home or my work.

I'm doing good overall. Nothing to report currently, saving money for arm lengthening, as I've spent more than 1 mil rubles already on other cosmetic and not only surgeries - don't ask me which ones.. Most people don't notice I've had LL even if you draw their attention to it (I said jokingly that I've had LL and asked to rate my proportions - seems no one knows Vitruvian Man). Anyways while they may not notice it, I do and I'm not satisfied mainly with my arm length. So I'm probably going to lengthen 2.5-3cm in the humerus next year probably in february or march.

tikal

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2016, 06:24:45 PM »

how much cost simple illizarov only install  on foot ?

onemorefoot

« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »

Who would you recommend for LON, Kulesh or Solomin?
Budget will determine my future.

Overdozer

« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »

Who would you recommend for LON, Kulesh or Solomin?
Not sure, I think Solomin is the one who does nailing. While Kulesh is overall better with externals.

Overdozer

« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »

Had a long film (x-ray) few days ago. Here it is. You can see how my thighs are really skinny still. They were even more so. But I'm making progress. Also my flat feet got a little worse I think, not sure.

http://i.imgur.com/IGxEAgo.jpg

Here's analysis and measurements:

The last lines say:
Femur length (right & left): 553mm & 548mm
Tibia length: 440mm & 441mm
Lower limbs length: 993mm & 989mm

Pretty good overall.

onemorefoot

« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2016, 12:12:28 AM »

Were your tibias 36-37 cm pre-surgery? I ask you this to compare proportions. I guess your knee height was 50 cm pre-surgery.

Peaceout

« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2016, 10:23:52 AM »

Why there is a bump at the bottom of your right femur?Is it just a genetic,normal thing?Or?

Overdozer

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »

Why there is a bump at the bottom of your right femur?Is it just a genetic,normal thing?Or?
You mean the thickened bone at the lengthening site? That may happen when you break/lengthen your bones - the newly generated bone may be thicker.

Were your tibias 36-37 cm pre-surgery? I ask you this to compare proportions. I guess your knee height was 50 cm pre-surgery.
I don't quite remember. But considering that I've lengthened around 7.5 cms, that's a good assumption.

Peaceout

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2016, 01:42:37 PM »

I just found it very interesting.Never heard of it before.Then its not something to worry about i think.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2016, 03:54:58 PM »

The thicker part is where the break is. Bones seem to heal thicker and stronger once broken it's like a compensatory factor your body does to protect itself.

Peaceout

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »

The thicker part is where the break is. Bones seem to heal thicker and stronger once broken it's like a compensatory factor your body does to protect itself.
That makes no sense.Then why its only 1 tiny part out of all four segments??(he lengthened all of them)

Overdozer

« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »

That makes no sense.Then why its only 1 tiny part out of all four segments??(he lengthened all of them)
It's actually pretty common, but doesn't happen all the time. You can check last x-ray in ShyShy's diary:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=649.0

theuprising

« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2016, 02:59:55 AM »

Just did some maths so your femurs is approx 55 cm and tibs 44cm. Therefore your sitting height is 84 cm at 182cm?! If this is right can you at some stage post pictures with a shirt tucked in (standard business wear)? If no one notices the short torso length like you've said happens in real life it will pretty much put to bed all proportions arguments. Good luck with your recovery!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:40:29 AM by theuprising »

Bry

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »

I plan on doing it next year with Dr Solomin for 7cm increase, Im 167cm.

I'm pretty sure my upper and lower legs are almost the same length, is there any way to measure it?
Should I do the full 7cm or divide it in cross lengthening?
Femur or tibs?
I got 175cm wingspan and a short torso

Overdozer

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »

I plan on doing it next year with Dr Solomin for 7cm increase, Im 167cm.

I'm pretty sure my upper and lower legs are almost the same length, is there any way to measure it?
Should I do the full 7cm or divide it in cross lengthening?
Femur or tibs?
I got 175cm wingspan and a short torso
Only valuable leg length measurement is from xrays.

Dividing just 7cms may not be worth it, when you can lengthen all 7 in just one leg segment as many others do, however obviously in terms of proportions and biomechanics 7cms divided between tibia and femur is better than all 7 in just tibia or femur. But it's double the surgeries double the cost and double the hassle.

Tibs are less painful to lengthen in my experience. When it comes to external LL they are also much more comfortable. If you're saying your tibia and femurs are almost the same length, that probably means you may have longer than average tibias and in terms of tibia-femur proportions it may be better off to lengthen femurs. Lengthening femurs I'd advice with internal self-lengthening nails, though it can be done with purely externals, the main disadvantage is extreme discomfort especially when lengthening bilaterally (two femur bones at the same time). It is an option nonetheless when your budget is limited and you're mentally ready to experience hell on earth.

With 175 arm span you can probably get away with lengthening all the way to 180. If it wouldn't be for the short torso as you claim, I could recommend lengthening 10-12 cms divided between 2 segments 6-4 or 7-5 femur-tibia.

Manga

• Visitor
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »

How are you doing?

Overdozer

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2017, 01:02:22 AM »

How are you doing?
Rather good I suppose, still recovering. When I just removed my last frame, I had::
1) Limited Knee ROM - now it's 100% in both legs, I can touch my ass with my heels without pain.
2) Limited Ankle ROM, I could feel tension in my ankles especially when just getting up in the morning, measured ROM was limited, walking down stairs not so easy - now it's 100% in one ankle and almost 100% in the other - still need some time. Walking down stairs is easy and I don't feel any tension in the mornings anymore.
3) Balance issues, bad gait - significantly improved since then
4) Tension in the knees when standing up straight, which required me to use leg muscles to keep legs straight - nonexistent anymore
5) A very hard time doing squats - signifanctly improved since then

I still feel like I could use another year

onemorefoot

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2017, 02:40:17 AM »

Your final height is exactly 182 or a little over?

Overdozer

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »

Your final height is exactly 182 or a little over?
A little under, precisely 181 most of the day :P I guess it could be explained by the Q angle which is around 13 degrees for me and made me lose around 15% of the lengthened bone in height so a little over 1 cm.

doomsday

« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »

Do you know what is your sitting height? Also is there any chance to  post some photos , just to see the proportions?

Overdozer

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2017, 04:51:57 PM »

Do you know what is your sitting height? Also is there any chance to  post some photos , just to see the proportions?
SH is 89.5-90 cms.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »

SH is 89.5-90 cms.

Do you know how much sh cms you lost cuz of femur lengthening?

Overdozer

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2017, 06:04:36 PM »

Do you know how much sh cms you lost cuz of femur lengthening?
If you're talking about flat ass after FL then probably not much as I was skinny before too. But yes I guess if I add ass SH may increase a little idk

Peaceout

« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »

So what do you think about AL now?Still planning or?Have you ever felt uncomfortable in any situtation?(i mean proportionally)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up