Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update: Actual wingspan  (Read 3225 times)

LittleWhiteMan

Update: Actual wingspan
« on: January 31, 2015, 01:57:09 AM »

I just measured my wingspan again. It is of just 62.5 inches long...

Wingspan: 159 cm (62.5-63)
Total height: 154.5 cm (60.9-61)

Do you think I will grow a bit more? Whats the average wingspan to total height ratio?
5'1", 100 lbs

Blackhawk

Re: Update: Actual wingspan
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 03:29:28 AM »

It seems that most people have a wingspan a bit over their height.  I think you have a normal ratio.  I am 167 with a wingspan of 176.  You're pretty young.  I think you will grow more and you'll definitely put on more weight.  If I were you I would try to be as healthy as possible.  Eat right and join a gym.  But do more cardio rather than lift weights.  Maybe in a few years you won't need more than 1 round of LL.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 04:17:17 AM »

It seems that most people have a wingspan a bit over their height.  I think you have a normal ratio.  I am 167 with a wingspan of 176.  You're pretty young.  I think you will grow more and you'll definitely put on more weight.  If I were you I would try to be as healthy as possible.  Eat right and join a gym.  But do more cardio rather than lift weights.  Maybe in a few years you won't need more than 1 round of LL.

No, he should definitely do weights, also. Weights do wonders for your self-esteem.

LWM, try Stronglifts 5x5.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 06:12:25 AM »

No, he should definitely do weights, also. Weights do wonders for your self-esteem.

LWM, try Stronglifts 5x5.

I agree that being fit and having good muscle mass does increase your self esteem.  However I have read some about certain cardio workouts increasing HGH, and putting on too much muscle at a young age will restrict your height.  I don't know if there are many good studies on the topic but I will look for some.  I started working out with weights when I was young and was built like readrothbard when I was about your age so I understand the desire to lift and put in muscle.  But I think at a young age cardio is probably better for you.

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »

I agree that being fit and having good muscle mass does increase your self esteem.  However I have read some about certain cardio workouts increasing HGH, and putting on too much muscle at a young age will restrict your height.  I don't know if there are many good studies on the topic but I will look for some.  I started working out with weights when I was young and was built like readrothbard when I was about your age so I understand the desire to lift and put in muscle.  But I think at a young age cardio is probably better for you.

There were these twins at my high school - one has a daily dosage of video game while the other has his intake on day-to-day chaotic training. The athletic one is 6 inches taller and is still growing.

There's minimal evidence for such things, but a friend of mine who started puberty when he was eight lifted intensely the month after he began puberty, and he peaked at 6"2, the tallest in his family. He was a committed athlete and trains every single day.

Whenever I'm in the weight rooms, I always see dads giving their little children 15+ pounds of weights along with some mad protein, but years later, they shoot up like any normal person would during adolescence. It's a fascinating sight, but I can assure that it's genetics that play that role.
5"6 and proud

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »

There were these twins at my high school - one has a daily dosage of video game while the other has his intake on day-to-day chaotic training. The athletic one is 6 inches taller and is still growing.

There's minimal evidence for such things, but a friend of mine who started puberty when he was eight lifted intensely the month after he began puberty, and he peaked at 6"2, the tallest in his family. He was a committed athlete and trains every single day.

Whenever I'm in the weight rooms, I always see dads giving their little children 15+ pounds of weights along with some mad protein, but years later, they shoot up like any normal person would during adolescence. It's a fascinating sight, but I can assure that it's genetics that play that role.

Some Doctors always mention the risks of injury for youngsters that lift weights but I agree that a good amount of them grew to be tall nowadays I rarely see a small bodybuilder they all grow a lot of inches.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »

Some Doctors always mention the risks of injury for youngsters that lift weights but I agree that a good amount of them grew to be tall nowadays I rarely see a small bodybuilder they all grow a lot of inches.

Actually, most bodybuilders are relatively short or average-height. However, this has more to do with the fact that shorter men put on aesthetic muscle a lot faster and a lot easier than tall men.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 02:21:45 AM »

Actually, most bodybuilders are relatively short or average-height. However, this has more to do with the fact that shorter men put on aesthetic muscle a lot faster and a lot easier than tall men.

this is a good point.

and shorter guys compensate by building up

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 03:55:07 AM »

It does seems that the majority of the athletes end up reaching their max. height potential. It is indeed a fact, my younger brother who is 15 is already around my dad's height and still growing I guess. However, he was the athletic one while I was the freaky one playing videogames 24/7, oh and I was an early bloomer. It is still surprising though how some of those asocial and unathletic guys end up being tall regardless of not having a healthy childhood.
5'1", 100 lbs

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 03:57:30 AM »

There are as well some athletes who unfortunately end up being average height or under the average, even when their parents are over the average. There is this half-white half-hispanic guy who is just 5'5" and his white father is like 6'0" feet, and the guy is a wrestler and used to be in the football team. He even looks like his father, probably the only mexican thing he got was his mother height, hah. No jokes since that is probably the same that happened to me.
5'1", 100 lbs

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 04:47:50 AM »

There are as well some athletes who unfortunately end up being average height or under the average, even when their parents are over the average. There is this half-white half-hispanic guy who is just 5'5" and his white father is like 6'0" feet, and the guy is a wrestler and used to be in the football team. He even looks like his father, probably the only mexican thing he got was his mother height, hah. No jokes since that is probably the same that happened to me.

Yeah, guess we're the "lucky ones"
5"6 and proud
Pages: [1]   Go Up