Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New (Questions, Recommendations)  (Read 5014 times)

droga

• Visitor
New (Questions, Recommendations)
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:34:18 AM »

Hello All
I have been reading thru the Limb Lengthening forum for a few months now. I have been able to gather very good information from this board and old forum  as well.  To all who have contributed thank you.
I have yet to consult with any doctor and am weighing my options on which physician I should go with and the best procedure I could get with a $40,000 budget.
I'm 38 year old male.  5.3 1/2 inches 161.3 cm 147 lb.  I would like to increase my height by 4 inches with one surgery.
I would appreciate some feedback and suggestions to those whom have gone thru the process and can help me in this very important decision in my life.

1) Are there any doctors in the US that can perform the surgery around the 40K I have saved.  I'm ok with paying for housing/hotel in the US.
2) If there are no US doctors within by budget than whom would I be best off with over seas. Brazil would be great as I speak Portuguese fluently, but Dr. Luzzi's price seem high for a over seas doctor.
3) Is 4 inches possible with one surgery?  If not what is the most realistic?
4) I have skinny legs will this in someway hinder me from getting the surgery or limit lengthening?

Thank you all in advance.  This as many of you know very hard information to get and some what personal, so I really appreciate any and all help people have to offer.

Thanks
Devon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: New (Questions, Recommendations)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »

1. That's the absolute low end for Dr. Mahboubian with externals, so maybe you could afford his fee if you don't get any bells or whistles with your LL.

2. You might be better off in China or India going for that much height, see #3.

3. Most doctors don't want to let you do 4 inches in one surgery.  I know that many people have gone to Beijing and lengthened that much or more on their tibiae with one surgery.  Some extreme cases did closer to 5 inches there.  Dr. Sarin's HLN would also let you lengthen 4 inches or slightly more on your femurs.  But keep in mind their clinics are in filthy, polluted cities and some of the things you'll see going on there would get a U.S. hospital shut down immediately.

4. People with thick legs at the Beijing Institute tended to have more pain and difficulty during LL.  The patients I saw gaining a ton of height there were almost exclusively the skinny girls.

droga

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:33:19 AM »

MDOW (Medium Drink of Water)
Thanks for replying so fast.
I actually just scheduled a phone call with Pamela from Dr. Mahboubian's office.  Via email she said I could leave Cali 3 weeks after surgery, which seems great.  However, I am concerned how I will get PT on my own, hopefully she can give me some feedback on our phone call.  My other option at the moment is Dr. Rozbruch in NYC but have not gotten a reply from the email I sent earlier in the week. I would actually be ok with 4 in, hoping Dr. Mahboulian will consider it.
Thanks Devon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:42:27 AM »

I didn't do any PT during my LL and I turned out fine.  Your PT can be walking and stretching after LL, and if you have any specific problems you can go to a doctor/therapist to have them addressed.

droga

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:52:54 AM »

MDOW
I was trying to find your diary on old forum  but I'm not sure if you have one.  It seems like you went to Beijing, right?  If you don't mine me asking what was your original height, gain, age and which procedure did you have done?
I read a few diaries where Dr. Pang in Beijing and he was giving Tramadol for pain. Is that true? I was told that in the US they give you something stronger such as oxycodone. I don't think anyone here wants to take Narcotics but if the pain is so severe Tramadol seems like a weak narcotic.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 03:12:43 AM »

I was 25 when I had the surgery.  I had a falling out with old forum  and was banned before I went to Beijing, so no diary.  I'm now writing a retroactive diary on this site telling my whole experience.

It's true that they aren't big on narcotic pain relief in Beijing.  There's a wariness of all western drugs in China; they think they're poison and should only be used as a last resort.

All the other info you asked for is at the bottom of all my posts in my signature. ;)

Sweden

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 03:36:15 AM »

If I was 157cm tall I would go for 170. Many live a decent life at 170.

Aim for professional bodybuilding and you will have a fantastic life!

Best of luck.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

droga

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 03:48:59 AM »

Didn't notice your stats at the bottom.  ;D
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that with Beijing's current price, airfare, meals (opting for delivery) the price is not that much of a difference.  That is of course if I can get the procedure done with Dr. Mahboubian's around the 40k I have on hand.
Would you mind sharing what your total expenses were.  Obviously the US dollar does not buys as much Yuan now as it did in 2007. I'll figure out the Math.

Also can you or someone point me to a place I can figure out on how to measure the femur, tibia and correct ratio proportinos.
I apologize if my questions have been asked before and maybe obvious, I just want to be prepared for when I dish out $500 bucks for the consultation with the doctor I end of choosing.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »

I paid $25,000 for the surgery plus about $1500 for the airline ticket.  I liked the Chinese food they had there so meals weren't a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up