Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many CM (inches) of height do you lose from the morning to the evening?

Less than .75 CM (.3 inches)
- 7 (9.7%)
.75 CM to 1.25 CM (.3 inches to .5 inches)
- 10 (13.9%)
1.25 CM to 1.75 CM (.5 inches to .7 inches)
- 30 (41.7%)
1.75 CM to 2.25 CM (.7 inches to .9 inches)
- 15 (20.8%)
Over 2.25 CM (.9 inches)
- 10 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many CM (inches) of height do you lose from morning to evening (poll)?  (Read 42109 times)

NewHeights

Hello All,

I lose about 1.5 CM of height from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep. I wake up at 177.25 CM (5' 9.8") and go to sleep at 175.75 (5' 9.2"). This sucks because it means that I have to tell people I'm 5' 10" (rounded up) when I wake up and 5' 9" (rounded down) when I go back to sleep. Also, In some people's minds, I may be short at 5' 9", because this is less than average height in the US, and average at 5' 10", because this is the average height. The "Short Celebrities List" usually has a cutoff at 5' 9" : (, so this number is psychologically embedded in many people's minds.

I think I'm the only one on this forum who just wants a tiny height increase to be 5' 10" (basically my current morning height). I don't need to be tall, I just want to call myself an average height man (5' 10" is average height for Younger Generation in the US)

For this reason, as I've stated many times, I'm most likely going to be doing a very strict inversion table, yoga, and glucosamine routine/experiment over the summer. If I can retain a height of 5' 10", I will be completely satisfied and never worry about height again. There should be very little height discrimination in dating and the real world at 5' 10", and honestly, I would never want to associate with any woman who discriminates against someone who is 5' 10", unless she is a giant and needs a tall guy. I don't NEED to by tall (over 6'), and I feel that the benefits of being tall are exaggerated (but that is a whole other discussion).

Anyway, how much height do you all lose throughout the day? Any other comments are appreciated as well.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

ecb1992

• Visitor

I have a stadiometer at home and over the past 8 months it seems to me that i generally lose anywhere from 1.3-2.2 cm. It all depends on how active i was,how well i slept and hydrated i was that day. I measure 168.5 in the morning (standing straight as possible) or 168 with a relaxed posture. By the end of the day i dip to 166.8 sometimes even 167(inactive) but my usual low is always just 166.3-166 (with a relaxed posture). Not sure if im supposed to stand as straight as possible but the difference is only like 0.5.

NewHeights

I have a stadiometer at home and over the past 8 months it seems to me that i generally lose anywhere from 1.3-2.2 cm. It all depends on how active i was,how well i slept and hydrated i was that day. I measure 168.5 in the morning (standing straight as possible) or 168 with a relaxed posture. By the end of the day i dip to 166.8 sometimes even 167(inactive) but my usual low is always just 166.3-166 (with a relaxed posture). Not sure if im supposed to stand as straight as possible but the difference is only like 0.5.

Wow, that's pretty interesting. Mine height loss is consistently 1.5 CM on dot. If you lose over 2 CM at times, you may stand to gain from taking glucosamine, which was proven to partially retain morning height.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

ecb1992

• Visitor

Wow, that's pretty interesting. Mine height loss is consistently 1.5 CM on dot. If you lose over 2 CM at times, you may stand to gain from taking glucosamine, which was proven to partially retain morning height.

Oh wow so 1.5 is your lowest?Everyone really is different then. I will no doubt try the glucosamine/inversion after LL! Would be estatic if i gained a whole cm. The only reason i ever lose more then 2cm in a certain day is when i didnt get enough sleep/not very hydrated or was on my feet the entire day. Its a combination of those three. The lowest i ever measured myself was 165.7! I will say, my posture does need improvement and ive been trying to train myself to sleep on my back but its so hard, i just lay there...

mini_me

• Visitor

The average height in the U.S. is 5'9" - 5'10… Many stats have it at around 5'9.2" or 5'9.5" but even at 5' 10" it's "approximately."
Most people can't see a 1 inch difference unless they measure you so being discriminated against because your height fluctuates between 5.9" & 5'10" is unlikely. 

Btw, who says the stats is based on evening height?
In fact, many people's driver's license have themselves an inch or more taller than they are and most actors & pro athletes have height stats listed that are taller than reality as well.

What is your height on your driver's license?
The info on your driver's license contributed to the stats that says what the average height for the American male is.

Horizon

• Visitor

maybe around .75cm in the morning
Internal Tibia in India - Consultation in April 2015 and LL in May 2015

microman

I can confirm it is 1cm, all websites say that as well.

I am 165.5cm in the morning, after 4 hours it goes back down to 164.5, which is what I consider my actual height, I think the male average was taken at this 'non morning' height.

Bruno Mars

The best time to measure your height is 7-8 hrs after you wake up. If we put it like that, then I lose around 1.5-1.7 cm. But right before I go to bed, I could lose 2 cm. So it really depends on the time as well.

microman

notice all the articles say 'you are taller in the morning' not 'you are shorter throughtout the day/evening'.

Enrisbusken

• Visitor

A couple of years ago, I was measured and measured myself several times around 10 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon. Consistently got 177.5-178.5, closer to the latter earlier in the day.

After correcting my posture (and purchasing a reliable stadiometer), I discovered that I can actually stretch to 181 cm straight out of bed. I typically shrink to 179.5 by late evening, sometimes 179.8 and sometimes 179.3.

Back when I first started considering LL, I thought that I would be about 5'9.5 at best come nightfall. My new height (I used to have horrible posture, wasn't able to flex my abs and glutes properly) of 5'10.5+ makes my goal of 6' more attainable (from the perspective of good proportions). Actually, I would be quite happy with a 1 inch gain, landing me at 6'0.25 in the morning and (at worst) 5'11.5 in the night.

Body Builder

Re: How many CM (inches) of height do you lose from morning to evening (poll)?
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 10:29:26 AM »

I can confirm it is 1cm, all websites say that as well.

I am 165.5cm in the morning, after 4 hours it goes back down to 164.5, which is what I consider my actual height, I think the male average was taken at this 'non morning' height.
Ιt is for sure more.

My differemces between morning and evening are about 2cm, never less than 1.5cm and when I hitbthe gym hard I may lise even a little more than 2 cm (about 2.2).

Bu no, 1 cm is too little.
Noone loses less than 1.5 unless they are awake only for 6-7 hours and then they sleep again.

kingofstory

• Visitor
  • Banned: Bander72 Mutiple Accounts
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »

Ιt is for sure more.

My differemces between morning and evening are about 2cm, never less than 1.5cm and when I hitbthe gym hard I may lise even a little more than 2 cm (about 2.2).

Bu no, 1 cm is too little.
Noone loses less than 1.5 unless they are awake only for 6-7 hours and then they sleep again.

Bodybuilder, I think that the loses are individual based. I average about 1.2 cm loss when I measure at night  but on some few nights it is 2 cm. There are several factors at play, such as how long you slept or if you were slouching for a good part of the day that can impact your height on a small scale like this.

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »

I lose around 1.5cm (sometimes it even seems 2cm).

1cm is definitely not the standard.

Downey

• Visitor

I think I may be in the minority here as I lose anywhere between 1.5-2 inches

Yes, inches. Not cm

myloginacct

I think I may be in the minority here as I lose anywhere between 1.5-2 inches

Yes, inches. Not cm

You need to get your spine and knees checked. Sounds like there's something wrong.

170cmMan

• Visitor

I hit 171cm in the morning and go down to 169-169.5cm in the late evening depending on how much walking I do. Mid-day height is just a touch under 170cm, which I consider to be my real height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up