Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving for LL? Invest in silver!  (Read 1590 times)

Moose

Saving for LL? Invest in silver!
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:15:56 PM »

Currently if your living in the US the economy still isn't that great. If you have FIAT currency. (dollars euros blah blah blah basically I.O.U.s) Saving your money in paper dollars is probably one of the worst things you can do especially since each country has a monumental debt and everyone is trying to inflate it away.

What is inflation? its where   gets more expensive and your dollar is worth less and less. 50k mighteve been a  ton of a money back in the 50s now its a decent salary.

Now silver the ratio is currently 71-1 ounce of gold. The ratio has always gone back historically to a 16-1 to 12-1 ratio to gold. Note that silver is being tossed and thrown away every day whereas gold is hoarded and treasured. Silver is used plenty in industry as silver has a 9-1 mining ratio to gold and currently in a deficit. Also note that half the mined silved is used in industry (iphones, medical devices, other garbage). Currently it is being suppressed and manipulated to the market so industry dont have to shell out to much for silver else that smartphone in your pocket may cost another 100 to 200 more. This only creates more opportunity for silver to gain traction.

Now you dont have to take my word for it do the research yourself. Espeically since the fed isnt increasing interest rates and may do QE4 (basically print money out of thin air to create purposeful inflation)  you may strongly consider precious metals are your investment instead of fiat paper currency) Hate to see some of you who saved up for such a long time to see it dwindle away due to an economic crises.
Mod Note: Currently Banned for violating rules

NewHeights

Re: Saving for LL? Invest in silver!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »

You can always buy TIPS (treasury inflation protected securities) to protect against inflation/weaker dollar if you are in the US and concerned about inflation.

As for sound investing, can't go wrong with biotech/pharmaceutical stocks, as they have been the best performing sector on average for a long time.

Also, stick with companies with good credit ratings (S&P, Moody's, and Fitch) as they usually have good downside protection during an economic crisis or recession.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Moose

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

the best and safest guarantee against inflation will always be gold. Now if your looking for value and opportunity to lets say get 20k to 80k in value i would say invest in silver it is more volatile than gold but right now it is pretty cheap. 300oz-500oz of silver one day in the future may be able to get you 2 LL surgerys. an Internal and external. in my opinion
Mod Note: Currently Banned for violating rules

NewHeights

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »

the best and safest guarantee against inflation will always be gold. Now if your looking for value and opportunity to lets say get 20k to 80k in value i would say invest in silver it is more volatile than gold but right now it is pretty cheap. 300oz-500oz of silver one day in the future may be able to get you 2 LL surgerys. an Internal and external. in my opinion

I have to disagree. TIPS are backed by the US.government, and adjust the interest rate received to compensate for inflation
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"
Pages: [1]   Go Up