Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'1 155cm and need Advice  (Read 10888 times)

ohkim

• Visitor
5'1 155cm and need Advice
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »

Long story short I'm 5'1 21 yr old male and i'm not happy with my height and have a few questions
Whens the best time to get limb lengthening .. is the longer i leave it the worse it will be ?
How tall can I  except to become ? Is 15cm realistic ? My goal height is 5'6 or 170cm

Descreteuser

Re: 5'1 155cm and need Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:38:40 AM »

If u do it now u can tell your friends you had a growth spurt
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »

Thats a very good idea! ;D However I am turning 22 in 12 days ... also forgot to mention I had a ACL Surgery on my torn  knee  a year ago ...can this affect my chances of having a limb lengthening surgery ?

Descreteuser

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:30:55 PM »

If you use external method there should be no interference  with the knee..

wingspan 180

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »

Sorry for my ignorance .. what exactly is a external method?

Descreteuser

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »

U can either have an external device which means you'll have pins fixed into the bone which are in turn fixed to a device outside of your leg.. Or internal device which requires the surgeon to cut you open at the knee and insert a rod inside your bone whether it be your tibia sot your femurs..

wingspan 180

Descreteuser

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »

Also 15cm , done over 2 segments is possible but quite dangerous.. I think 6cm max on tibia sand 5cm max on femurs for a total of 11cm

wingspan 180

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »

Thanks for that info! sucks I cant do 15  :-\  I guess ill just wear shoe lifts to make up for my future height ;D ... is the tibia and femurs all done in one procedure ? How much would this roughly cost getting it done in Australia ?

Descreteuser

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »

U can but it's better to do tibia first than once they have fully healed  go on to do femurs. Not sure how much it would cost in australia

wingspan 180

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »

Thanks for that info! sucks I cant do 15  :-\  I guess ill just wear shoe lifts to make up for my future height ;D ... is the tibia and femurs all done in one procedure ? How much would this roughly cost getting it done in Australia ?

Australian doctors are pretty anti-LL for some reason.  You might have to get it done overseas.  People's budget usually determines which doctor they go to since prices vary so much.

Morpheus34

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »

Hello, 15 cm in two operations is possible. There are people, who have done 20 cm in 2 operations (Greekster, Apotheosis etc.).
I have done 9-10 cm in tibias alone. But it is very individual, depends on physical and mental capabilities. Some can do more, some less.
And it's also a questio of how much risk (of complications) somebody is willing to take and what is the personal importance of proportions.

Greetings Morpheus

Uppland

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »

OP you seem quite uninformed about the full implications of the surgery so let me quickly explain what your mindset should be like. Even if we disregard things like cost, time commitment and pain/discomfort there is still the pressing issue of recovery and permanent damage. Your legs will be subjected to a lot of abuse during the process and it's likely that they will never recover fully. The amount lengthened is directly correlated to how well you will recover, this means that the more you lengthen the more risk you must be willing to accept.

There is also the issue of your body's proportions, you will most likely not look (or be) normal if you lengthen your legs by more than 10CM. Please browse this forum and perhaps other sites to learn more about what you're really getting into -because it's no holiday I can tell you that much.

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 11:52:21 PM »

Australian doctors are pretty anti-LL for some reason.  You might have to get it done overseas.  People's budget usually determines which doctor they go to since prices vary so much.

I've just been reading up on that :( devastated LL is banned for cosmetic  use in Australia but I'm hoping with my current height I could apply for the category of Dwarfism or Short short stature  .  And this way I will be covered by Medicare so therefore the cost will be significantly less.

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 11:56:43 PM »

Hello, 15 cm in two operations is possible. There are people, who have done 20 cm in 2 operations (Greekster, Apotheosis etc.).
I have done 9-10 cm in tibias alone. But it is very individual, depends on physical and mental capabilities. Some can do more, some less.
And it's also a questio of how much risk (of complications) somebody is willing to take and what is the personal importance of proportions.

Greetings Morpheus
Thanks Im very happy knowing my goals are achievable ! Personally I think even 15cm is overkill but given my current Height 5 - 9 cm isn't going to do much for me really.  I would rather look disproportionate and be 5'5 - 5'6   then being 5'1 and i'm willing to take the risk.   

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 12:04:47 AM »

OP you seem quite uninformed about the full implications of the surgery so let me quickly explain what your mindset should be like. Even if we disregard things like cost, time commitment and pain/discomfort there is still the pressing issue of recovery and permanent damage. Your legs will be subjected to a lot of abuse during the process and it's likely that they will never recover fully. The amount lengthened is directly correlated to how well you will recover, this means that the more you lengthen the more risk you must be willing to accept.

There is also the issue of your body's proportions, you will most likely not look (or be) normal if you lengthen your legs by more than 10CM. Please browse this forum and perhaps other sites to learn more about what you're really getting into -because it's no holiday I can tell you that much.

Believe me I'm prepared to go through hell and back for a few more inches of height as life is no paradise at 5'1.  But safety matters most I guess sucks that if i  lengthen by 10cm it will only take me to 165cm and thats still very short  but ill be happy with that if I dont look to disproportionate .

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 12:57:13 AM »

Start lengthening and see how it goes.  If you get to 5cm on tibiae and feel fine, go for 6, then 7, then 8...

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 03:50:57 AM »

Start lengthening and see how it goes.  If you get to 5cm on tibiae and feel fine, go for 6, then 7, then 8...

Ill give it a shot.. I see  that you gained 3 inches congratulations! How many  LL surgeries did you perform to achieve that height? How long did it take you to recover ? and how would you describe the pain you had to deal with ?   

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 04:29:26 AM »

That was all done in one LL procedure.  It took me about six months after finishing lengthening before I could walk normally.  It was painful, but the real killer is the discomfort of being in bed all the time.  That gets old really fast.

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »

That was all done in one LL procedure.  It took me about six months after finishing lengthening before I could walk normally.  It was painful, but the real killer is the discomfort of being in bed all the time.  That gets old really fast.

I actually love the sound of that as long as theres a laptop and a internet connection I can stay in bed all day... 3 inches in one operation sounds amazing !!! you must be loving life now haha

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 06:04:08 AM »

Which part of proportions are you not happy with? Torso or arms?
173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!

theuprising

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 06:53:21 AM »

You sound like you haven't done any research, read the faq on this forum to get an idea about methods used in LL. Cosmetic LL does not exist in Australia at all, I looked into it extensively. You will need to start saving and head overseas if you want this done.

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 02:15:23 AM »

You sound like you haven't done any research, read the faq on this forum to get an idea about methods used in LL. Cosmetic LL does not exist in Australia at all, I looked into it extensively. You will need to start saving and head overseas if you want this done.

I  have been doing quite a bit of research but definitely not enough.  I was hoping to get limb lengthening under the category of short stature or dwarfism and not Cosmetic  lengthening so I am eligible for medicare (no cost I believe ) ... but if that fails I have been looking into visiting doctor Xia as he is the only doctor promising huge results and has taken over thousands of clients.  I feel much safer  visiting him or doctor Franz from S-Africa and doing the Precise method.   But my main priority at the moment  is  Dr. Minoo Patel who lives in the same state as me and has been trained by Dr Paley and offers Precise.  I am definitely still very ignorant but I'm here to learn an  gaina as much knowledge from this forum before I make  a decision and I'm hoping people on here can share there past experinces espically people from Australia or of similar height or anyone who has done LL.  ;D

ohkim

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 02:17:06 AM »

Which part of proportions are you not happy with? Torso or arms?

I fail to understand what  you mean ? I am not unhappy with any proportions just unhappy with my overall height  :(

wants2growtaller

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 10:41:48 AM »

Hey im five one and I also want to do limb lengthening surgery. Just wondering if you went through with it.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity
Pages: [1]   Go Up