Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Small growth spurt at 19  (Read 25293 times)

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
Small growth spurt at 19
« on: April 28, 2015, 05:32:42 AM »

So yesterday i went to a doctor. For my skin rashes n there was the height measuring equipment n it was night time n. I told doc to measure me n i stood at 168.2,i guess i need to update my height here!!
banned for clone account: Emef:Yemef

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!
Re: Small growth spurt at 19
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »

Go for it.
173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!

NewHeights

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »

So yesterday i went to a doctor. For my skin rashes n there was the height measuring equipment n it was night time n. I told doc to measure me n i stood at 168.2,i guess i need to update my height here!!

Congrats man! Squeeze out that extra growth! I saw someone from my high school 3 years after we all graduated and he grew over 2 inches, so a late growth spurt is definitely possible.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »

what bugs me is that my growth plates were fused 2 years ago,maybe my spine's growth plates were'nt fused but im not sure though!

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »

Lucky bastard, my plates have been confirmed as fused. I might have grown a few mm from an increase in spinal thickness but that's it.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »

A good friend of mine was about 2 inches short than me when he was around 18. Now, one year later he is even taller than me by some cm's.
Some people hit a late growth spurt but unfortunately it's kinda rare.

theuprising

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »

Hey yemef just read your sig. If you want to avoid stupid complications then you should read up on the issues caused by internal tibias.

heightangel

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »

Very very rare. Growth spurts hardly happen at that age...

KrP1

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 09:42:12 PM »

thats great, i stoped growing at 15 , most people continue growing till 18

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »

Yup i know its rare and also i dont doo stretcching excersices soo it isnt that typical temporary increase and. And also @theuprising i know there have been. Some sleight compliications but from what ive read on this and the other foruum ,the external tibialsurgery has had far more complications than to internal method but i know that the number if people who have done internal tibial lengthening are oonly few,but im if i go through this surgery im going to doo only about 6cm in tibia and from the diaries ive read if i do the procedure undeer an experiences surgery i guess ill be relatively safe wiith much speedy recovery than to the externals

theuprising

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 07:58:32 AM »

Yup i know its rare and also i dont doo stretcching excersices soo it isnt that typical temporary increase and. And also @theuprising i know there have been. Some sleight compliications but from what ive read on this and the other foruum ,the external tibialsurgery has had far more complications than to internal method but i know that the number if people who have done internal tibial lengthening are oonly few,but im if i go through this surgery im going to doo only about 6cm in tibia and from the diaries ive read if i do the procedure undeer an experiences surgery i guess ill be relatively safe wiith much speedy recovery than to the externals

Cite sources which states that external tibial has far more complications than internal tibia. There are many sources that point to permanent knee pain from internal tibial nails. I don't think you have any idea what your talking about.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 08:56:14 AM »

From the experience of mdow,sweden and many others im sure of what im talking about infact apothesis has has knee issues due to his very large tibial lengthening and also mr.tall has had a pretty nice n well internal tibial journey.infact i know internal has dangers but if done under the hands of a big surgeon imo its far better and safer than externals

theuprising

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 10:01:37 AM »

You still haven't cited any sources of internal tibia being safer or even stated why it is safer. Safer in what way? I see significant instances of permanent knee pain and no way to correct axial deviations with internal tibia.

Unless you start posting sources your opinion means nothing.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 08:20:24 PM »

Well seeveral horrible experiences and .many patients who literally got butchered from this n the old forums are the evidence my dear friend :)..(ik butcher sounds harsh )

endomorphisme

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »

I just grew 0,5 cm after 18 to, it has nothing extraordinary

theuprising

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 08:36:08 PM »

Well seeveral horrible experiences and .many patients who literally got butchered from this n the old forums are the evidence my dear friend :)..(ik butcher sounds harsh )

You confirmed what I thought, you have no medical studies at all just anecdotal evidence and you couldn't even answer the question on why you thought it was safer. Internal tibia has a greater risk of permanent complications. Don't post about topics you have no idea about, it spreads misinformation and makes you appear to be foolish

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »

Oh yea??! Practical is the real deal nott something written on paper! I think u aren't an engineer..anyways id love to see ur so called sources which state internal tibial lengthening is far more risky than externals, waiting here...tick tick

theuprising

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:15 PM »

Do you even speak English or are you just using google translate? What are you even talking about. You have failed to answer any question posed to you.
You said internal tibia is better and safer HOW? You are ignorant.

Here is the evidence IM nailing causes problems.

http://www.ors.org/Transactions/55/0764.pdf
The potential causes of anterior knee pain after intramedullary (IM) nailing of the tibia are not completely understoo d. Knee pain usually begins several months after IM nailing of the tibia and nail removal does not always provide pain relief 1 . From more than 20 factors potentially associated with knee pain, only two factors are strongly correlated with knee pain: activity level 2, 3, 4 and size of the tibia 5 . Clinical studies suggest that the knee pain is activity - related in most patients and is exacerbated by kneeling. The current study tests the hypothesis that the entry hole resulted from tibial nailing could cause anterior knee pain by significantly altering the local strain distribution in the proximal tibia. Using the finite element method, this study explores the etiology of anterior knee pain after intramedullary nailing and examines the effects of standing, walking, and kneeling on a normal tibia model, a nailed tibia model and a tibia model with the IM nail removed.
The hypothesis of the current study was that the entry hole resulted from tibial nailing could cause anterior knee pain by significantly altering the local stress and strain distribution. The strain values recorded for the tibia with the nail removed in single - limb kneeling were significantly greater than the values recorded for the intact tibia. Strain values recorded around the hole for the tibia with the nail removed were higher than the strain values for the intact tibia for all the loading configurations considered. For each load case, the highest principal strain values were found in the nailed tibia model. Removing the nail does not reduce the strain to normal values encountered in an intact tibia

http://www.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/88-B/5/576
However, one of the most common problems associated with tibial primarily, and retrograde femoral nailing secondarily, is chronic anterior knee pain.15,43,45–51 This can be an important handicap for the patient, affecting his employment and daily or leisure activities. Its incidence has been reported to be as high as 86%.52 It may be present even in patients who have an intact knee as with antegrade femoral nailing.7,15,30,43,44,51,53,54 Its aetiology is unclear, but a multifactorial origin has been suggested.

http://upoj.org/wp-content/uploads/v24/09_Courtney.pdf
While much has been written about the incidence of anterior knee pain through a patellar splitting or parapatellar approach, the clinical effects of knee pain after suprapatellar nails have yet to be addressed in the literature.  Our data show no difference in the Oxford Knee Score between the two groups.
So the suprapatellar nailing, praised by Dr. Monegal and proclaimed to be 'completely safe' regarding knee pain, appears to be barely studied. Also:
http://www.amjorthopedics.com/fileadmin/qhi_archive/ArticlePDF/AJO/041120546.pdf
Based on this cadaveric study, tibial nailing in the semi- extended position with a superomedial arthrotomy and lateral patellar mobilization (ie, suprapatellar nailing) is associated with risks to anterior knee anatomy at the starting point comparable to other previously described tibial nailing techniques. A superomedial arthrotomy places the portal closer to the medial meniscus, compared with a quadriceps splitting approach. We feel that the technique may offer significant advantages in the management of proximal tibia fractures undergoing nailing; however, because risks to the patellofemoral joint have not been clearly elucidated by this or other studies, it may not be the approach of choice for more simple fractures not predisposed to malalignment. Additional clinical studies are warranted to further define the role of this technique in the management of tibia fractures, including those of the proximal third.

http://theglobaljournals.com/ijsr/file.php?val=November_2014_1416664332__124.pdf
nov 2014
Background  -Intramedullary tibial nail  needs to give a careful  thought. Its correlation with chronic anterior knee
pain seems to be crucial factor.
There has been a growing concern about the tibial nailing being accompanied by an increase in the incidence of anterior knee pain. Suggested contributing factors include younger, more active patients, nail prominence above the proximal tibial cortex, meniscal tear, unrecognized articular injury, increased contact pressure in the patellofemoral articulation, damage to the infrapatellar nerve, and surgically induced scar formation. Some authors have suggested that a transtendinous approach is associated with more frequent anterior knee pain than is a medial paratendinous approach. The cause of this knee pain is still unclear.
20 patients (67%) in our study complained of anterior knee pain related to the nail entry site during the follow up. 80 % (16 of 20 in pain group) of the patients who developed knee pain had done so within 6 months of surgery. Out of the 20 pain group patients, 11(55%) reported Mild pain (VAS 2.1 – 4), 5(25%) Moderate pain (VAS 4.1 – 6), 4(20%) re - ported severe pain (VAS > 6.1). On analysis of functional knee score it was observed that the most common problem encountered was with kneeling, and 90% (18 of 20) of the patients experienced pain during this activ - ity. Half of these patients could not kneel at all because of knee pain
Squatting was the next, with 70% (14 of 20) of patients experiencing discomfort and one third of these patients finding the activity impossible.

From this thread
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2168.0

Check MATE

Waiting for your so called sources in reply ...tick tick

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »

Hmm very soon ull get my response bro!!! And also speaking of illiteracy yea i use google  translater infact thats the reason iown a audi and study in iit(the only indian college which is in top 30 colleges of the world) seeya soon brother :)

theuprising

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »

Lol at the ebragging which has nothing to do with thread. ;D

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 07:38:07 AM »

I thought u were smart! My bad...coz i never revealed who i am here so talking aboit my car n diplomas isn'tboasting as long as u don't know who i am brother :)

theuprising

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 07:48:39 AM »

That's nice because the second I read your posts I knew you weren't smart. Still waiting for those sources tick tick...

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 10:38:26 AM »

i pity u ;)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »

Yemef, unlike Theuprising you didn't bring up any studies to back up your claims.
Braging about the car you drive isn't very expedient  :-\.
Show us some studies to prove what you are trying to tell us otherwise it's just a waste of time.
I am not calling you a liar but give us some sientific evidence of your claims.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »

well i just want him to show me the proof where internal tibial surgery has gone wrongbut if u ask me i can show you tons of external surgeries that have gone wrong and also i dont have any sources because i have my life to live instead of studying about LL 24/7 coz only if i study now only then i can afford for this surgery because my parents are strictly against it and according to me experiences are far more important than some baseless sources because i had hairloss problem(solved now or atleast for now) a drug known as minoxidil had various information from different sources and i can assure you that many sources had opposite information like this including with this  doesnt work and some like this including with this does work bla bla bla so speaking of sources without any patients experiences is kinda baseless in my experience

Alittletooshort

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 03:12:41 PM »

Yes but studies are the only reliable sources to determine weither a statement is true or not in an objective way.

Would it be possible to stop writing in this text message style? It lets everything you write here appear much less serious. You are grown up like most of us here it  just makes you sound so immature, I don't want to be offensive or anything, this was just an advice.
Cheers

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 05:31:25 PM »

sure brother  :) but im still confused where i used the text message format in the above message that i just wrote,anyways i do know i sometimes use text message format and will try not to do it from next time.

theuprising

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »

Alittletoshort

The problem that has become obvious with yemef is that doesn't even understand basic logic and reasoning, surprising for someone who 'apparently' goes to a top 30 college. It takes about 5 minutes on google to find sources yet he can't manage it. However he does have the time to talk about his 'supposed' car, the college he goes to, his hair loss in fact pretty much anything other than his original claim.

Yemef either back up what you say or don't say it. This surgery is serious and we can't have people making baseless claims.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 09:51:48 AM »

oh yea??? thats the reason half of the people here are just obsessed about proportions rather than height???common and as i siad sources mean nothing without patient's experience,are you dumb or something??? i said i dont rely on sources and lol!!!! do u think its funny for me to be short???? bro u dont know what ive been through so stop talking   here and i just want to have internal surgery because ive read so many threads where internals have been told to be more safer n quicker and personally ill be going that way if u want to have externals thats your wish i did'nt say that even i know infact i just said in my opinion and are you so dumb??? that you dont understand what ive said and instead you are saying ive been trying to avoid your questions?? lmao!!! have a nice day and i just dont want further argument because i dont argue with immatures and have a nice day

theuprising

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »

Once again you make stupid claims like certain methods causing problems and then act like a petulant child when asked to back it up. You have no sources only stories you've read online and you are foolish enough to think that it discounts academic research. Your opinion is therefore worthless and you should not be giving advice on any LL methods. Have a nice day.

Yemef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:15 PM »

Stories?? Those are real experiences and they are worth more than sources naah not worth my time trying to explain practicals are more important than bullcrap written on paper and i can say watever i want to my wish dont u dare tell me wat to say and  iididnt give any one any advice so dont put false accusations on me naah y am i doin this ,im chillin by d way u ain't need to wory bout dat 8)v
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up