Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: My Experience So Far- External Monolateral - Dr Mitkovic  (Read 89210 times)

Descreteuser

Re: My Experience So Far- External Monolateral - Dr Mitkovic
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:36 PM »

How do you feel now at 185 cm? Do you still comparing your height with other guys?Or you think less about height?
Does your family and friends  know for surgery?

now that ive gone from being on the verge of being tall to a height that is no question tall, i no longer obsess about my height as im completely 100% satisfied with it.. i let my height before stop me from being myself, and let it affect me in all aspects of life.. but now its just a thing of the past and when i see people that make me look small or short it doesnt bother me in the slightest bit as i know that no one could ever question me about being short... my next goal is to get myself into great shape, get back to normal life and earn money again, be confident with who i am and live a life without insecurities.. and no, noone knows ive done this..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

Want More

« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »

it is good to hear that you make your goal. I hope next year or max for 2 years we will be the same height :D What do you think how much time it will need to pass  to run again?
I need only 5cm.

Descreteuser

« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2015, 01:12:37 AM »

it is good to hear that you make your goal. I hope next year or max for 2 years we will be the same height :D What do you think how much time it will need to pass  to run again?

1 to 1.5 years from operation to run i recon

wingspan 180

Descreteuser

« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »

Tuesday 18th August - Went and got an Xray from the local hospital as the other x ray places machines were currently not operating. The doctor had to call ahead to ensure we were able to get it done there. Normally it was only for local patients. I had my X ray and the doctor came visited me. He told me my right leg callus was stronger than my left. Which was expected as the the right leg was operated on first. The doctor took the cd which would show my exact measurement of my distraction gap. Left leg was 3.9cm and right leg was 4.1cm.

Update on walking: I no longer use crutches, i am able to walk completely normal most the time, although it is still a bit tiring, especially when ive been walking for more than half an hour. I can walk up stairs pretty easily now. Going down stairs is still awkward. My ballerina is completely gone. I still have slight knee bending in my right leg, but it is much better, getting close to being flat. I still need to improve my dorsiflexion, which is gettin my ankle back past 90 degrees.. my left foot can get back about 15 degrees, my right probably 5-10. The physio told me a while ago that 30 degrees is when its back to normal.

Timeline: It has been 6 months since my right leg was operated on, and 5 1/4 months since my left leg.. ive been going to the gym, 3 to 4 times a week, ive been out and enjoyed myself, even went to a nightclub and danced. in a months time the doctor will loosen the fixator from 1 pin, top and bottom on both legs.. this will allow more weight bearing to my legs..Then a week later loosen from another pin top and bottom on both legs. A week from then the bar will be completely removed and the pins will remain in my leg for another week. This is incase my leg cant support my weight and the device can be easily put back on.. (very unlikely scenario).. then once my legs prove they can support me, the pins will be removed.. So by the time my frames are removed, im looking at 7 months post op from my left leg, and almost 8 months post op for my right leg..

Also to those amazing expert heroes out there that say 7-8 months is a 'bad score' for 4cm, my frames could have come off earlier, but im not a hero like you, and i believe its better to be safer than sorry. Id rather know my legs are completely healed, than thinking im awesome for getting them off earlier than running into problems later.. and having your bones heal and getting your frames off is only a fraction of the achievement. Being able to get your frames off than walk away, completely normal, thats what i believe is a real achievement..

wingspan 180

doomsday

« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »

Thanks for the update, glad you're doing better. I started considering Mr Mitovic but im still researching his device. You mention about recent Xray, would you be able to post it here? Im trying to understand the fibula fixation on the top and bottom of the bone. Peace.

Descreteuser

« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2015, 11:17:56 AM »

Thanks for the update, glad you're doing better. I started considering Mr Mitovic but im still researching his device. You mention about recent Xray, would you be able to post it here? Im trying to understand the fibula fixation on the top and bottom of the bone. Peace.

its only fixed at the bottom not the top.. my x rays are the old school ones.. very hard to get a clear picture up on here..

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2015, 11:48:00 AM »

is there a reason for the 0.2cm difference between left and right leg with your lengthening gap

i have 0.1 atm, but i dont see why, but im turning extra to re aling the legs together.

Descreteuser

« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »

is there a reason for the 0.2cm difference between left and right leg with your lengthening gap

i have 0.1 atm, but i dont see why, but im turning extra to re aling the legs together.

it could be a number of things.. the doctor could have accidentally measured it wrong, as the cuts in the gap arent the easiest to see. ive measured myself standing on either leg at a time.. and i get the exact same measurement.. so thats all that matters.. the doctor had me lay down on my back and have my body completely staright and he checked the my legs and said there was a 1mm difference.. which is barely anything.. even if it was 2mm difference its no problems.. most people naturally have one legs slightly longer than the other...

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »

oh okay i have been adding more turns to the left leg, even though that makes no sense since the turns have been equal until now yet it read a 0.1cm difference in the x ray

i will ask him if i should go back to having equal turns in the legs, he is resetting my device today.

Descreteuser

« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2015, 12:46:19 PM »

oh okay i have been adding more turns to the left leg, even though that makes no sense since the turns have been equal until now yet it read a 0.1cm difference in the x ray

i will ask him if i should go back to having equal turns in the legs, he is resetting my device today.

dont stress about it too much.. its only 1mm..

wingspan 180

ewf

« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »

Hey guys. This afternoon I got my first xray done since my device was fitted on Tuesday. I think Dr. Mitkovic will be taking a look at them either later on today or tomorrow, but everything's looking a-ok to me.
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

Roseym

• Visitor
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2015, 01:14:22 AM »

Thanks so much!  How long did you have to spend in Kiev -total- before you could go home?  How long since the date of surgeries could you walk ok on your own?  Do you have to fly back to have device removed?  If so, when and for how long?  Thanks in advance!
RM

Emef

• Newbi
  • Banned
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2015, 08:00:18 AM »

What is the maximum length that can be safely lengthened using this device
Mod Note: Was originally banned temporarily for clone account "YEMEF" on Oct 15 and informed of the reason with ban message ""banned for clone account: Emef:Yemf".  Return only to lie  that " this forum does that without giving an explanation without doing anything wrong".  Banned again on Feb 16.

Descreteuser

« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2015, 09:02:49 AM »

Thanks so much!  How long did you have to spend in Kiev -total- before you could go home?  How long since the date of surgeries could you walk ok on your own?  Do you have to fly back to have device removed?  If so, when and for how long?  Thanks in advance!
RM

ive stayed here the whole time.. just over 6 months so far.. it took me just over 2 months to lengthen.. and then i think just shy of 3 months post op i took my first steps without the walker. after about 4.5 months i was walking full time unaided.. at 5 months my limp was gone..

wingspan 180

Descreteuser

« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2015, 09:07:34 AM »

What is the maximum length that can be safely lengthened using this device

safely, i would say 5cm.. after that every cm is very hard.. 6cm is very achievable tho, but it will be difficult.. 7.5cm is possible but would be extremely challenging,and very likely to run into problems.. i personally would never do more than 6 with this device..

wingspan 180

Urmi

• Visitor
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »

Hello,

can you update your recovery now? How much precentage of function you got back? Can you run?

Descreteuser

« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2015, 08:59:30 PM »

Sunday 4th October - took the bars off myself today.. and did a small bit of walking in my hotel room.. i'll spend the next few days with just the pins in, then have them removed on the 8th, and have the wounds cleaned 1 more time on the 9th just before i leave..

wingspan 180

Keep Growing

« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2015, 07:45:12 AM »

Hey,
How do you feel now with the pins out? How is your walking now? Is the duckasss gone?
Hope you’re good!
Cheers,

Tiny

« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »

Can you give an update? Thanks.

Peaceout

« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2016, 09:23:12 PM »

Update please!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »

He died of Cirrosis because the screws somehow held his liver tissue in a good state.. One of the dangers of LL
I learned some stuff during this time

Tiny

« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2016, 10:05:15 PM »

No way dude. I saw him logged in a few weeks ago.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2016, 10:10:52 PM »

No way dude. I saw him logged in a few weeks ago.

Must be his family trying to understand how he decided to go through LL

Tiny

« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2016, 10:17:41 PM »

Wtf. How did you know?

Thatdude950

« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2016, 10:50:01 PM »

He died of Cirrosis because the screws somehow held his liver tissue in a good state.. One of the dangers of LL

A bad joke?

Peaceout

« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2016, 10:52:16 PM »

Seriously wtf?

TIBIKE200

TIBIKE200

« Reply #244 on: February 28, 2016, 10:53:58 PM »

No. He did nt die of Cirrosis because Cirrosis has nothing to do with LL or legs in general. Common guys...

Tiny

« Reply #245 on: February 28, 2016, 11:02:53 PM »

Wtf man. You're joking about a person's life here. That's not very nice.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »

Just like 99.9% of LLers, he went on with his life.

Descreteuser

« Reply #247 on: February 29, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »

no i am not dead lol.. carrying on with life as usual.. everything is normal.. i havent really tried to run yet.. i can jog but dont much.. go to the gym regurlarly... was gonna ask everyones oppinion on what height i should claim.. as i dont like to lie about my height and say i am taller than i am.. i wake up at 186cm, after a long day of work i can get down to 184, but if im just lounging around i measure 185, now as most people where im from dont go by cm they go by feet and inches do you think ican claim 6'1 with those numbers, ive normally just told people who have asked that i am just under 6'1 as i feel like that is more honest answer.

wingspan 180
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up