Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wingspan problems  (Read 8086 times)

venables

• Visitor
Wingspan problems
« on: July 09, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »

I am considering limb lengthening, but couldn't help noticing that my wingspan is 1.5 inch shorter than my height. I am 5'6 and want to be 5'11. What will happen if I do this? I've got short legs and long torso.

microman

Re: Wingspan problems
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »

if you are 4cm taller than wingspan then LL is not for you sadly.

NewHeights

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:16:21 PM »

I am considering limb lengthening, but couldn't help noticing that my wingspan is 1.5 inch shorter than my height. I am 5'6 and want to be 5'11. What will happen if I do this? I've got short legs and long torso.

You'd probably have to do clavicle or humerus lengthening too. average ape index has been reported anywhere from 1.02 to 1.05, and less than 1 is not very common
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

JConnor

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »

First, wingspan is a crude metric you shouldn't care about, because it takes into account shoulder width and finger length which aren't relevant to arm/height proportions.  Your arm length is what you should be focusing on.  When your arms are at your side, what is the distance between your wrists and the floor?

I'm concerned about you wanting to do 5" as that is a massive amount of lengthening and could throw off all kinds of proportions.  Have you done mockup photos of your body with 5"?  Those are really the only way to see if your proportions will be tolerable.

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:24:46 PM »

I'm in the same boat, thought it was a death sentence but honestly it looks fine as long as you stay below maybe 8CM. If it should turn out weird humerus lengthening is, in my opinion, a very realistic alternative -allegedly it is much safer than leg lengthening. The problem as I see it is clavicle width, Dr Monegal said he'd be concerned with functional recovery on a cosmetic patient but the user Taller (who I trust) said it is safely doable.

Arm length isn't that important allow me to demonstrate.

This man is a global sex symbol more or less and his arms are much shorter than mine despite being 5-6CM taller:

Alittletooshort

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »

He looks a little weird imo, this disproportion shoudln´t be noticed by people who are not obsessed with proportions thought.
 5 inches is clearly too much for someone who already starts with a negative ape index. You should set more realistic goals, something like 2-3 inches.

NewHeights

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »

This man is a global sex symbol more or less and his arms are much shorter than mine despite being 5-6CM taller:

I've paid close attention to mr. Cavill. I think his short arms are partially an illusion because of how wide his shoulders are and how far his arms are from the sides of his body.

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:23 PM »

I've paid close attention to mr. Cavill. I think his short arms are partially an illusion because of how wide his shoulders are and how far his arms are from the sides of his body.

No I am completely certain that he has short arms, more precicely it is is hands and forearms that seem to be underdeveloped.

In this picture his shoulder width is not apparent and his arms still look short.

Descreteuser

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 11:51:15 PM »

No I am completely certain that he has short arms, more precicely it is is hands and forearms that seem to be underdeveloped.

In this picture his shoulder width is not apparent and his arms still look short.

i pretty much look like that minus 20 -30 pounds.. its kinda freaky how similar his arm looks to mine from the side. short bicep and underveloped forearms.. i hate it but i guess if a superman has the same thing it may not be such a problem.. does anyone know what his wingspan is.. may be similar to mine.. my wingspan is 180 with 185 so -2 inch ape index
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180
Pages: [1]   Go Up