Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wingspan thoughts  (Read 8330 times)

Descreteuser

wingspan thoughts
« on: July 11, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »

now i can kind of stand up nearly straight i thought id upload a proportion photo.. what are your thoughts on how my winspan/ height ratio looks..

starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

microman

Re: wingspan thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »

i feel you do have short arms but i see tall men with short arms anyway so it is within reason.

what is your wingspan?

NewHeights

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:57:32 PM »

now i can kind of stand up nearly straight i thought id upload a proportion photo.. what are your thoughts on how my winspan/ height ratio looks..

wingspan looks completely normal, as does your torso/height ratio. You look kinda like me with slightly wider shoulders and longer arms, and obviously taller.

Tibs look a tiny bit long, but would be fine in clothes and you could always throw on some leg muscle to alter perceived leg proportions.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

microman

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »

oh yeah tibs do look long, are your tibs as long as your femur?

Descreteuser

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 11:56:55 PM »

wingspan looks completely normal, as does your torso/height ratio. You look kinda like me with slightly wider shoulders and longer arms, and obviously taller.

Tibs look a tiny bit long, but would be fine in clothes and you could always throw on some leg muscle to alter perceived leg proportions.

yeah im not too worried about the tibia length.. ive obviously lost alot of muscle in my legs so ill be able to get that back quite quick once i recover..

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 12:13:02 AM »

does dr. mitkovic let you know the tibia and femur length before the operation, i want to make sure my tibia is not longer than my femur, even if that would mean only 4cm instead of 5cm.

but that's good you can stand, the device looks way more comfortable than ilazarov.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »

It was a smart decision to stick to 4 cm´s, your arms look a little short but you mentioned that you already had short arms so it´s probably not a big difference to your pre op proportions.
Your tibias look long but not in a bad way, just work out and regain the muscle you´ve lost and you´ll be fine.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 10:00:56 AM »

What are your stats, and how much did you lengthen?

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »

His wingspan is 180, he is 185 now and lengthened 4 cm´s. Correct me if the numbers  are wrong OP.

microman

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »

would he not be 184 then? i thought his starting height was 180.

seems to me he is 7cm taller than wingspan, rather than 5cm taller, but wingspan is not as accurate as arm length is, i guess if you had broader shoulders that would be worse for you as more of your wingspan would be shoulder than it would be arm length.

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 02:29:13 PM »

His signature says:

starting height 181.6cm/180.1cm (5'11.5/511)  morning/night
final height      185.7cm/184.2cm (6'1/6'.05)     morning/night

deleted, I misread
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:27:04 PM by Uppland »

microman

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »

huh no he is 4.1cm taller.

but yeah he has broad shoulders which means his wingspan is maybe arguably less than other peoples that don't have broad shoulders, after my op. i will be 2.5cm taller than wingspan.

yeah i would remove the morning height thing from your stat, it's not your real height, it is only temporary height that lasts for about 4 hours. the male average is taken with your real height which is likely from 11 am to 11pm+.

interestingly if you stay up very very late and avoid bed you will actually lose about 2mm of height by 4 am, at that time i am 164.2cm, i was really surprised.

Morpheus34

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »

Hello

You look good :)

Greetings Morpheus

Descreteuser

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 04:42:19 PM »

wingspan 180

Descreteuser

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »

His signature says:

deleted, I misread

haha thought so

wingspan 180

Descreteuser

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 04:47:21 PM »

huh no he is 4.1cm taller.

but yeah he has broad shoulders which means his wingspan is maybe arguably less than other peoples that don't have broad shoulders, after my op. i will be 2.5cm taller than wingspan.

yeah i would remove the morning height thing from your stat, it's not your real height, it is only temporary height that lasts for about 4 hours. the male average is taken with your real height which is likely from 11 am to 11pm+.

interestingly if you stay up very very late and avoid bed you will actually lose about 2mm of height by 4 am, at that time i am 164.2cm, i was really surprised.

i measured myself the night before surgery at about 9pm.. i measured 181 on the dot.. i only ever got as low as 180.1 after a long day of work wearing a tool belt all day and lifting heavy things.. on a day off where i wasnt working and just walking around with no labour intensive activities i would never measure any lower than 180.6.. but generally every time i measured myself in the afternoon i would measure 181.. so technically now i generally measure just over 185cm as i did 4.1cm, so i base my height on what i normally measure at in the afternoon which i believe is quite an accurate measurement.. either way we are talking a few mm here and there which doesnt matter lol.. as for my wingspan i had someone measure it at work quite a while ago and got 181 but recently i did it myself and got 180 but i was using a ruler.. so i may have to check again when i have a tape measure.. either was as long as my proportions arent too noticeably out of wack i can rest easy haha..

wingspan 180

G-Man

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »

Wingspan/height looks fine imo.

microman

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »

yes i wouldn't worry about proportions but yeah looks to me like maybe you are 5cm taller than wingspan rather than 4cm, you can measure wingspan easily by measuring your right hand against the corner of a wall and just putting the measuring tape to the left hand, this way its much easier than not using the corner of a wall.

i do recomend a stadiometer though, i have done the whole tape measure and book thing and it can be off by 0.5cm each time i take the reading, now with the stadiometer my height is always measured the same.

do you have measurements of tibia and femur bone in cms.

do you plan on a 2nd LL trip for femurs.

Descreteuser

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 05:12:02 PM »

yes i wouldn't worry about proportions but yeah looks to me like maybe you are 5cm taller than wingspan rather than 4cm, you can measure wingspan easily by measuring your right hand against the corner of a wall and just putting the measuring tape to the left hand, this way its much easier than not using the corner of a wall.

i do recomend a stadiometer though, i have done the whole tape measure and book thing and it can be off by 0.5cm each time i take the reading, now with the stadiometer my height is always measured the same.

do you have measurements of tibia and femur bone in cms.

do you plan on a 2nd LL trip for femurs.

not exact measurement no... and definitely not i dont believe there is any point of being any taller... especially with my proportions.. im at a great height now that im happy with.. so no more after this for me

wingspan 180

microman

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »

That's good news that you have gotten to a height that you can accept.

well hopefully mitkovic will give me exact measurement of my tibia and femur ratio as i don't want my tibia to be too long, even if it means only 4cm instead of 5cm.

ewf

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:38 PM »

Your leg to upper body ratio looks very well balanced. It's a shame this picture is so dark, it makes the beginning and end of your knees a little difficult to place in relation to your femur to tibia ratio. Here's to hoping the outcome of my LL goes just as well as yours has:)
Starting height: 176/177 cm
Wingspan: 184 cm
Goal height: 187 cm-188 cm

microman

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »

I would say in comparison to this link you are at the upper most ratio, about 14, i know this is leg to torso ratio but it does shorten the wingspan as well as the numbers go higher.
Pages: [1]   Go Up