Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilateral Femur Lengthening with Dr. Paley 2015 (Q&A, not Journal)  (Read 25235 times)

chineseguy

Re: Bilateral Femur Lengthening with Dr. Paley 2015 (Q&A, not Journal)
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2016, 03:44:31 AM »

im 24, i will be doing at 25 yrs old in beijing 4.5 cm to make me 172 cm,  should i be worry?

alps

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2016, 06:18:07 AM »

no offense taken tbike

90% is okay, though some people might consider me at 90%. I can walk,  can do squats, can go upstairs, etc

my left leg though is awful

my main issue is the following. 99% of  even the good diaries aren't good based on their now reality.. What I mean is, let's say mb53  didn't get better after today. There's no way that he would consider his recovery great,since he   can't run.

His  perfect recovery is predicated on his future recovery  continuing at the same rate, which is an unknown

we almost never get a diary that says  " guys, i'm fully recovered, i'm done, 100%, can run, etc"

This is concerning to me, especially since I'd like to say one day that  i'm  fully recovered. We almost never see this though

I know of ShyShy, OldieButGoldie, AndrewShizzles (from the old forum), ChrisIsaak, Houdini (from the old forum), femurs2014 (from the old forum) to name a few, (who put up videos) that have said they have recovered fine.

but I guess it also depends on what your expectations of a full recovery are.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Great recovery at age 52
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »

Vitruvius had quadrilateral lengthening with Paley at age 52 and recovered very, very well: "Before the operation I raced in triathlons, mountain biked, and I was an avid skier.   I’m now back to riding, swimming, trail running, weight lifting with my legs"

I wrote in this post why I think his recovery went better than expected.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Knik

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2018, 08:12:08 PM »

http://www. /index.php/topic,7913.msg106305.html#msg106305
wow
Looking for Pili
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up