Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Dr Birkholtz in South Africa (cancelled)  (Read 4995 times)

llb

• Visitor

Hi. I am a 176cm male in my 30's who will be doing limb lengthening with Dr Birkholtz in September this year. I m hoping to get over 7.5cm of height increase in my femurs. I will be using the 10.7 precice 2 internal nails. I used to play rugby competitively and touch football. I am hoping that with my proportions, I will still be able to play competitive sport after the surgery. I have opted for the ITB release and am hoping that it will not affect my speed and agility once recovered. Dr Birkholtz and his team (Madelein, in particular) have been very helpful. I will be staying in Pretoria for 95 days. Any and all tips from limb lengthening veterans to give myself the best chance of achieving this, are most welcome. Thank you :).

llb

• Visitor
Re: Limb lengthening with Dr Birkholtz in South Africa (cancelled)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 01:07:22 PM »

:)

axelf

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »

hey,

great that you're opening a diary!

how much did you or do you still have to pay for the surgery including the 3 months stay?

chsn

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »

Awesome! Another Dr.Franz diary is really needed here!...He is one of my candidates for surgery, and your diary could really help me make up my mind:)

GOODLUCK

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 05:17:16 PM »

What's the cost?

Taller

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 06:20:36 AM »

Congratulations on taking such a big step in your life!

Do you mind if I ask how Dr. B reacted to and handled your request for LL, once he knew of your relatively tall starting height? Was that ever an obstacle in convincing him to perform the procedure on you?

Nightwish

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 01:31:59 AM »

Also how did he react to the 7.5cm suggestion?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

llb

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 02:55:42 AM »

Dr B and Walkamile have been fantastic throughout - helping with accommodation tips in particular . The cost is 550000 Randt all inclusive but without accommodation. I explained my predicament and Dr B was very understanding. He explained that I had to be realistic about my expectations and that 6-7cm was achievable.

I will check with Dr B when he gets back from Meriland on 7 Sept whether I have  his permission to create a diary.

In the interim, if any veterans have any suggestions/tips re attaining the 7.5cm goal, I would love to hear them.

Thank you.

Ps I am purchasing silica, vitamin  D,E, multivitamin and  calcium  tablets. I am also purchasing a massage stick and stretching straps. When I get to Pretoria Ill look to buy/rent a stationary bike.

chsn

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:39:26 AM »

How many PT-days are included in the price?....

Did Dr. B prescribe any medications/supplements for you to take some weeks before operation?..or was it your decision to buy those supplements?

Im really hoping all goes well, what date are u have your surgery?

llb

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »

5 days a week. I will have my first consult on 18 Sept

llb

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 02:56:48 AM »

Unfortunately I have had to cancel my surgery with Dr Birkholtz. The thought of 5-6 months in a wheelchair and the safety situation in South Africa became very real in the days leading up to surgery. I am forever grateful for the time and effort of Dr Birkholtz and his team. I will look to save more money to do limb lengthening with a weight bearing nail in the future. Apologies to all on this site for the false start - llb
Pages: [1]   Go Up