Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening in "Z"  (Read 4962 times)

Bry

Lengthening in "Z"
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:45:11 AM »

Anyone heard about this method before? It seems like they can length 4cm using steam cells and a syntetic bone to fill the gap and an internal fixator, without the need for a external fixator or to lengthing over time.
Only seem it in a Brazilian hospital that does it, I can't find it anywhere else... any opinions?

http://www.iafortopedia.com.br/orientacoes-para-pacientes/alongamentos-osseos/alongamento-osseo-em-z/

Cartman

Re: Lengthening in "Z"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:18:46 PM »

What's the price for that?

concernedmom

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »

Anyone heard about this method before? It seems like they can length 4cm using steam cells and a syntetic bone to fill the gap and an internal fixator, without the need for a external fixator or to lengthing over time.
Only seem it in a Brazilian hospital that does it, I can't find it anywhere else... any opinions?

http://www.iafortopedia.com.br/orientacoes-para-pacientes/alongamentos-osseos/alongamento-osseo-em-z/
I have been researching similar thing in England. Needed to talk to the doctor who is the pioneer for stem cell cartilage repair. He saved many people from amputation and was thinking they could apply the same thing to the cartilage for the growth plates.

Bry

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »

What's the price for that?

I don't know, I gotta send an email asking about that, but I belive it can't be as expensive as the other methods since you only use an internal non self lengthening device and the syntetic bone. Then again, that's Brazil, stuff is pretty expensive here.

Overdozer

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »

You don't think there's actually a reason why everyone lengthens at about 1mm/day and not 4 cms/day?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Bry

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »

You don't think there's actually a reason why everyone lengthens at about 1mm/day and not 4 cms/day?

I know, but if it works and he had other patients that did it, I don't see why it wouldn't work with others. There might be some catch while lengthening, but I don't know what it is. If anyone wish to know more send an email to the hospital and post the information here.

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 09:42:30 PM »

Dont risk your health with something that is not well known or experimental. You only have two legs and you are going to need them all your life. If this was a good option doctors should not be doing leg lengthening with internal or external fixators.

Bry

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 10:04:08 PM »

Dont risk your health with something that is not well known or experimental. You only have two legs and you are going to need them all your life. If this was a good option doctors should not be doing leg lengthening with internal or external fixators.

I understand that, but I don't think this lengthening method is new to this doctor, he may have done it for a few years now, I just wonder how exactly this procedure works, maybe steam cells is the key? I really don't know, but I'm very curious.. If I find someone that did this procedure with him or if I get more info I will tell you guys. But it would also be helpful if someone sent the hospital an email to see if the info matches.

concernedmom

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:01 PM »

I understand that, but I don't think this lengthening method is new to this doctor, he may have done it for a few years now, I just wonder how exactly this procedure works, maybe steam cells is the key? I really don't know, but I'm very curious.. If I find someone that did this procedure with him or if I get more info I will tell you guys. But it would also be helpful if someone sent the hospital an email to see if the info matches.
I will ask my friend to do it. He is from Brazil.

concernedmom

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:13 PM »

As far as translation looks like extensive scarring. I don't know why.

Bry

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 05:33:44 PM »

As far as translation looks like extensive scarring. I don't know why.

Why would it have extensive scarring if they use an internal fixator? Maybe because of the sudden lengthening?

concernedmom

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 06:17:58 PM »

Why would it have extensive scarring if they use an internal fixator? Maybe because of the sudden lengthening?
Who knows. It said also not recommended for cosmetic lengthening.

itzrammi

• TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 03:38:25 AM »

Did someone here mailed them yet?  Got the Price Quote?? 
TrailBlazer inspired | TRS my Height Twin

maximize

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 03:57:52 PM »

Very interesting concept. This would be very appealing if practical in any way.

otaku123

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

More info on this please. Anyone speak Portuguese?

thanks

Joel

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 02:49:03 AM »

Morally I would not feel using stem cells is right..
5'5 manlet of peace

Ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »

The last paragraph is quite clear:

"Although this technique is very well suited for cases of extreme orthopedic importance, as serious sequelae of fractures (...) etc, it results in greater morbidity and postoperative problems than lengthening achieved by ISKD technique, as well as extensive scarring, and is therefore contraindicated for cosmetic cases".
Pages: [1]   Go Up