Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think of this guy's proportions and recovery...  (Read 9467 times)

Alu

What do you think of this guy's proportions and recovery...
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »

because for the most part I'd say this was pretty damn amazing.

FULL DISCLAIMER: This patient posted part of his story on the old forum. I'm saying this for the reason that I don't want any drama; I don't think this guy even knows this alternate forum exist; but if he ever reads this I don't want him (you) to think that I'm doing any harm. I just want to gather peoples opinions on the matter.

Anyways, the guy is apparently a patient of Paley from 2013 who managed to do quadrilateral lengthening. He initially increased both limbs by 1.8 inches (for 3.7) but then opted to have his femurs lengthen extra (0.8 inches) for a total of 4.4 inches. He said for the most part that the experience was hard, recommending that if anyone goes through with quadrilateral lengthening that they separate the two surgeries for tibia and femurs. 1 full year later after his initial operation (as seen in the video) he was capable of working out in an near normal degree (basing this only on what I saw from the video) with the rods still in place. He spoke rather highly of Paley and his concern for the patients safety.

Video: http://tinypic.com/m/j09tg0/2 (with pics of his new height)

I must say I'm extremely impressed from his physical results. It's amazing how well he managed to recover wouldn't you say? Yet, the one thing that bugs me would be his proportions, I'm conflicted on whether I like them or not. But to me they look good. I'd like to gather other people's opinions on the matter.

Penguinn

Re: What do you think of this guy's proportions and recovery...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »

I wouldn't dare do femurs and tibias at once. One single patient having a good recovery proves nothing.

theuprising

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »

What was his original height and wingspan?

When looking at the pictures he looks ok. However once you see the video his arms are way too short for his body it comes apparent when you see the video of him running on the trail. This is one of the main reasons that pictures never give the full story when it comes to proportion as certain ways of posing can hide things that become obvious in film. Even if he got arm lengthening his forearms would look like something happened at birth to stunt them. If he did more lengthening after that video was filmed he would look terrible.

I've never seen a guy who has those proportions so it doesn't look good to me.

Arche

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »

I am impressed, although the irony behind photography is that even slight shifts in the camera's angle can alter the entire perception of the object at hand. It's tough to speak about proportions without meeting that person after the surgery. I think in general most ppl wouldn't notice a difference in his proportions because they still look within normal range, although ppl who are well informed about LL or who have gotten LL would be able to tell.

So good on him for doing well for himself!

Arche

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »

The uprising - u beat me to it! lol

Iamready

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »

He looks great.  It really depends on your priorities.  If you are ocd about proportions then lengthen to whatever amount you can without looking off to yourself.  It's a personal preference.  This is a leg lengthening surgery.  If you are worried about your arm proportions you can do that surgery as well. 

theuprising

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »

He looks great.  It really depends on your priorities.  If you are ocd about proportions then lengthen to whatever amount you can without looking off to yourself.  It's a personal preference.  This is a leg lengthening surgery.  If you are worried about your arm proportions you can do that surgery as well.

He can't even do arm lengthening without looking weird since his forearms will be tiny compared to his humerus. I don't understand the point of these people doing LL when you look awkward as hell afterwards it's like your just trading one complex for another.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »

He looks a little long-legged, but I doubt anyone who's not scrutinizing his body proportions would even notice.

Iamready

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »

I'm in contact with the guy and he's really happy.  So he didn't trade one complex for another.  He was short and now he's not.  I think if you were average height and saw yourself as short that would be a complex. 

Uppland

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »

His proportions look good -considering.

His recovery is great -considering.

I'm glad he's happy but had it been me I would have lengthened 6 or 5CM less. What was his starting height by the way?

Iamready

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »

He started at 5 foot 5 inches.

Alu

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 09:16:08 PM »

It was apparently 5'5, he's now 5'9 1/2. In terms of wingspan I'm trying to find out. (I tried to make contact already). But for me his torso to leg ratio isn't that bad.. I think what I, like you all are getting caught up in would he his wingspan, so I'd like to know it.

Also Uppland can you care to elaborate on those considerations lol. Those where 1 year ops up work out vids so hopefully he's doing much better now.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »

I don't think his arms look long. http://imgur.com/Zc12ocj
Someone that doesn't know about LL wouldn't notice. He might hear a passing remark of "your legs look long, man!" which isn't really a bad thing, or might look a bit awkward next to a natural 5'9 guy.

That's all. If his biomechanics turned out fine, he won.

Uppland

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »

I was trying to say that considering his huge gain of 11CM he has done very well. He looks good and recovered well considering he lengthened such a large amount. If I lengthened 11CM I would be 189-190CM -perfect height in my book- but those proportions are not acceptable to me. I would lead a better life as a shorter but more proportionate man, hence my goal is about half of his.

He has shown that it is possible to do around 10CM without completely destroying the bodies looks and function though. That is an accomplishment in its own right.

-EDIT. What I find most impressive (beside his athleticism) is that his width was able to tolerate such an increase in height without having his frame looking like a pipe cleaner.

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 11:08:46 PM »

With you on that. I wouldn't lengthen past 8 though, and one guy's single success story shouldn't encourage everyone to do 10 or more cms.

patientdad

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 11:47:42 PM »

I didn't really notice his proportions, but his running is really odd (unnatural).

Iamready

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 03:14:03 AM »

He still had rods in that video.

Ghostfish

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 03:22:07 AM »

I think he looks great.  His torso is pretty good with new legs.  His arms may look short.  But, I don't think people would notice any awkward proportion in his arms or legs.  Some people have very short arms or very long legs naturally anyway.  People may have different preference in height.  If you care about proportion too much, stick to the ratio you want.  For me, I will be very happy if I were him.

Keep Growing

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »

He doesn't look that bad and for someone who doesn't know about LL it's unnoticeable.
I think his weird running it's because of some duckass issues or it has something to do with the way you put your feet on the ground when walking (it may be ok when walking but not when running). Not sure if these biomechanical problems will go with the passing of time.

Ghostfish

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 03:46:07 AM »

He doesn't look that bad and for someone who doesn't know about LL it's unnoticeable.
I think his weird running it's because of some duckass issues or it has something to do with the way you put your feet on the ground when walking (it may be ok when walking but not when running). Not sure if these biomechanical problems will go with the passing of time.

He had rods inside at that time.  It was about a year after surgery.  So I think it is not bad.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »

I am sorry but he doesn't look that good standing next to his wife/girlfriend. His arms are really short. I wouldn't want my gf to have longer arms than mine. 4.4 inches is a bit too much for him proportion wise. His recovery seems pretty good however.

Blackhawk

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 09:18:01 PM »

I think he looks fine.  Yeah his arms are a little short for his height but I don't think many people would even notice.

Alu

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »

Yeah, his torso to leg proportions are good. I'd just wish we knew his wingspan for reference. Anyone think that they are maybe like -2 or -3 ape index?

westercoasten

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 11:11:57 PM »

The video doesnt show  , how about som simple pictures were u can se proportions?

Alu

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 11:27:43 PM »

They're with the video...

Taller

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »

I think he looks great.  His torso is pretty good with new legs.  His arms may look short.  But, I don't think people would notice any awkward proportion in his arms or legs.  Some people have very short arms or very long legs naturally anyway.  People may have different preference in height.  If you care about proportion too much, stick to the ratio you want.  For me, I will be very happy if I were him.

Couldn't agree more.

Alu

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 09:56:54 PM »

Real quick update on the logistical stuff for him:

His wingspan is 67 inches; his height 69.5; and his inseam is 34.
So what we have is a I/H Ratio of 48.9%
An Ape Index of -2.

All things considering he carries it quite well. I know for a fact people will have their disagreements but considering how happy he seems, I'd say he won.  :)

doomsday

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

I think he look great. Can you ask him about his sitting height and final height in centimetres ? It seems that he had long torso compare to his natural height.

theuprising

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »

Real quick update on the logistical stuff for him:

His wingspan is 67 inches; his height 69.5; and his inseam is 34.
So what we have is a I/H Ratio of 48.9%
An Ape Index of -2.

All things considering he carries it quite well. I know for a fact people will have their disagreements but considering how happy he seems, I'd say he won.  :)

If this thread was about his happiness rather than asking about his proportions and recovery I'd agree. However you did ask about what people thought about the later. These threads are great to see what looks ok and what doesn't. I find it interesting how much of a difference a couple of extra cm make in making someone look strange, there is a guy on this forum called descreteuser who has a height that is 5cm over his wingspan and it still looks alright but this guy who has gone 6.5cm over wingspan has noticeably short arms particularly when seen in the video.
Pages: [1]   Go Up