Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short legs - how much could I lengthen?  (Read 2297 times)

caveman

• Visitor
Short legs - how much could I lengthen?
« on: October 16, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »

Hi!

I've been thinking about my height for a while. I'm not that short, but my short legs are a big problem for me. I barely can find pants, and also running is a pain in the ass since I seem to lack the leg length to be really good at it. I'm actually considering LL for various reasons, and I think it actually would help me greatly proportion wise.

My stats:

Height: 176-177.5cm (night-morning)
Wingspan: 180cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm (not sure about this)
Inseam: 76-76.5cm (crotch to floor barefeet)

I feel like I have the shortest legs ever. It doesnt help that they're also rather muscular. When I go pants shopping I always listen to guys around me discussing pants and guys my height seem to have inseams around 81-82cm.

This really kills me because I'm not really that short and I'd look so much better with longer legs. I know because when I wear my cowboy boots I feel like that should be my "normal" proportions.

I feel short rathen than really be short (I'm usually around 180cm with my boots on), because of my legs. I feel like people with longer legs often "feel" taller regardless of their height. But obviously with LL I'd be average-tall around where I live as well.

Would adding 7-8cm to my femur be too much? I don't think doing anything less than 5cm is worth it, but also my wingspan isnt that long so I need to consider that as well.

Sorry no picture this time

Ghostfish

Re: Short legs - how much could I lengthen?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »

Hi caveman

Perhaps, you may not have the shortest legs. I am about 172cm tall but my sitting height is the same as yours. :(
I really wish to get a little longer legs.

Alu

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »

If those really are your proportions, and I have no real reason to be skeptical of them, then in all honesty yes undergoing LL wouldn't be that big of a problem for you proportion wise as long as you don't exceed a height 5 CM+ your wingspan (so don't go over -2 Ape Index). Hell if it wasn't for your wingspan just based on your I/H you could have gone for 10 CM which would have put you at a good 46%, a relatively good I/H ratio even after 10 CM. 7-8 CM on femurs seems to be a good number for those who want to undergo LL in just one sitting. Also I'm a bit distrusting of sitting height since it can be too easily influenced by muscle or fat. That's why I prefer inseam to height ratios. But be mindful of your body width as well (shoulders).

I must ask though, are your reasons for LL just based on your short leg to body ratio. There aren't that many people who simply want to undergo LL for this reason, so by some degree you seem to be a deviation. Also how was it you noticed you had "short" legs compared to your height; was it ever called out or did you just gradually notice the difference to others who were your height or shorter/taller. 

caveman

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:33:10 PM »

If those really are your proportions, and I have no real reason to be skeptical of them, then in all honesty yes undergoing LL wouldn't be that big of a problem for you proportion wise as long as you don't exceed a height 5 CM+ your wingspan (so don't go over -2 Ape Index). Hell if it wasn't for your wingspan just based on your I/H you could have gone for 10 CM which would have put you at a good 46%, a relatively good I/H ratio even after 10 CM. 7-8 CM on femurs seems to be a good number for those who want to undergo LL in just one sitting. Also I'm a bit distrusting of sitting height since it can be too easily influenced by muscle or fat. That's why I prefer inseam to height ratios. But be mindful of your body width as well (shoulders).

I must ask though, are your reasons for LL just based on your short leg to body ratio. There aren't that many people who simply want to undergo LL for this reason, so by some degree you seem to be a deviation. Also how was it you noticed you had "short" legs compared to your height; was it ever called out or did you just gradually notice the difference to others who were your height or shorter/taller.

I noticted that sitting down I can be as tall as my 6'1.5 (so like 186-187cm) friend. When we're standing I feel much less comfortable... I guess its half a psychological thing. I dislike standing around taller people for this reason and MUCH more comfortable when sitting... Also imagine you're sitting with guys around 6'-6'2 (most of my friends height) and you feel like "one of them" and everyone is at eye level. Then you stand up and suddenly your eye is at their chin. It makes me feel very bad. I understand that many short/small guys got used to it but for me its a constant "normal-short-normal-short" feeling. Even standing by guys the same height as me I feel short because their legs are usually much longer.

The other reasons are still there, I have a very hard time finding pants, and I do look disproportionate since my torso is normal. I notice very tall people with long legs and short torso look much better in a suit for example. For me I always feel stocky and stumpy no matter what I'm wearing.  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up