Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please look at my porportions, looking at +7cm tibias.  (Read 3929 times)

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
Please look at my porportions, looking at +7cm tibias.
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:28:15 PM »

Hello,

I recently measured my tibia length and it is 34cm, my femur is 43 cm. I would like to lengthen 7cm tibias based on this ratio. I would like to submit my photos currently and with the mockups of +7cm. What do you think?

theuprising

Re: Please look at my porportions, looking at +7cm tibias.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »

None of the top doctors recommend doing 7cm on tibia. If you wish to do that amount I would suggest doing femurs, also if you wanted to stay within the 52:48 56:44 ratio of femur to tibia you should be looking at doing 5.5cm on your tibia max.

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »

Why is 7cm on tibia too much? What about 6.5cm?  If I do 7cm my ratio will be 51:49 is that too bad?

theuprising

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 10:44:46 PM »

Why is 7cm on tibia too much? What about 6.5cm?  If I do 7cm my ratio will be 51:49 is that too bad?

You need to read way more about LL. Check out the threads where doctors talk about recommended lengthening limits for a start and work your way from there.

blahblah

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 11:06:21 PM »

also these photos are shot in a way that will make your tibia shorter than they are. I suggest waist level and direct angle. Also how did you measure your tibia and femur? cause xrays are the only true way.

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 11:07:14 PM »

Well I understand that 7CM tibias is max and 5 cm is for optimal recovery. I am "fairly" tall at 5'8.5 for this procedure and in great athletic shape. I have read other diaries and I see other posters do from 6cm up to 8cm with ok recovery. Why does it seem so outlandish that I want to do 7cm?

theuprising

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 11:27:16 PM »

Well I understand that 7CM tibias is max and 5 cm is for optimal recovery. I am "fairly" tall at 5'8.5 for this procedure and in great athletic shape. I have read other diaries and I see other posters do from 6cm up to 8cm with ok recovery. Why does it seem so outlandish that I want to do 7cm?

The information on this topic and long term complications are all on this site. If you choose to ignore it in the end it's your body. Good luck.

Morpheus34

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »

Hello AlwaysLivin,

7cm is possible, personally I have done 9 cm with Dr. Salameh. There are also other doctors, who do this amount, f.e. Guichet says, you can do up to 10 cm (http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0).
The same with Betz, Bejing etc.

But of course, it's an individual thing, depends on your physical and mental capabilities.

Live your dreams!

Greetings Morpheus34

Astronomy

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 04:33:55 AM »

Hello AlwaysLivin,

7cm is possible, personally I have done 9 cm with Dr. Salameh. There are also other doctors, who do this amount, f.e. Guichet says, you can do up to 10 cm (http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0).
The same with Betz, Bejing etc.

But of course, it's an individual thing, depends on your physical and mental capabilities.

Live your dreams!

Greetings Morpheus34
OMG 9cm for tibia......

epikness

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »

Very hard to do 7cm tibia. My friend's tibia is almost the length of your femur and he still chose 6.5cm as his objective.
I would recommend consulting with a very experienced doctor through email before thinking of the surgery even if it costs money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up